dmarques69

X-Plane 11.30 Beta is out!

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep,

wish they had released with some porting of  Vulkan so i would know my upgrade path. But probably it wouldn't have worked with only a little code of it.

Hope this update has something nice.

 

 

Edited by HumptyDumpty
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m fairly new to XPlane. When the time comes, how to I upgrade from my current 11 to future versions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, captjames said:

I’m fairly new to XPlane. When the time comes, how to I upgrade from my current 11 to future versions?

There should be an X-plane 11 installer .exe or an equivalent for linux (if you are using XP in linux) in XP folder , run that and select Update X-plane, also tick mark "beta" , if that file ain't in you X-plane folder than download the installer from the x-plane website.

If you run XP it should also see the update

Edited by HumptyDumpty
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Yep,

wish they had released with some porting of  Vulkan so i would know my upgrade path. But probably it wouldn't have worked with only a little code of it.

Hope this update has something nice.

 

 

Is was announced already that was not coming in this update, btw the shaders change in this release is already preparing XP for Vulkan, that is coming probably in the beginning of next year 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Is was announced already that was not coming in this update, btw the shaders change in this release is already preparing XP for Vulkan, that is coming probably in the beginning of next year 😉

Yeah , i read about vulkan for next year only in today blog. I was under the impression that some porting would be given. Do you mean the shaders are Vulkan based ? or they still opengl ?

Just updating, download of 634 mb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Yeah , i read about vulkan for next year only in today blog. I was under the impression that some porting would be given. Do you mean the shaders are Vulkan based ? or they still opengl ?

Just updating, download of 634 mb.

That i dont know the answer mate, but in the last dev live session from Laminar, Ben clearly told that this shader change was because of vulkan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dmarques69 said:

That i dont know the answer mate, but in the last dev live session from Laminar, Ben clearly told that this shader change was because of vulkan.

Yep, just noticing a huge list of new shaders 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far, so good 😁 . The beta started up without problems, and the new particles are much better then the black smoke before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Experimental Flight Model is available.

How do you enable it? Planemaker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, strider1 said:

How do you enable it? Planemaker?

It's under the General tab. No idea if there is any option like that in PM haven't checked in PM.

Think the new Experimental FDM is related to fixed wings only not sure though. I did read somewhere that even the VRS issue would be added in this release. 

BTW how is the 1800x performing ? 

 

Edited by HumptyDumpty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks, can anyone please advice on the crosswind / ground handling behavior? I don't use the XP11 at present but try to follow any major changes. AFAIK, the excessive weathervaning was a problem. Are there any changes now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arasaka said:

Folks, can anyone please advice on the crosswind / ground handling behavior? I don't use the XP11 at present but try to follow any major changes. AFAIK, the excessive weathervaning was a problem. Are there any changes now?

no idea , but there is a post on .org stating that the landing is much better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arasaka said:

Folks, can anyone please advice on the crosswind / ground handling behavior? I don't use the XP11 at present but try to follow any major changes. AFAIK, the excessive weathervaning was a problem. Are there any changes now?

Waiting for Von Target to share his findings ! I suppose he is installing right now...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soaring_penguin said:

Waiting for Von Target to share his findings ! I suppose he is installing right now...

 

Von target is on chat with me asking me to test the new fdm. 

But rest assured he will check it that's a guarantee

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HumptyDumpty said:

There should be an X-plane 11 installer .exe or an equivalent for linux (if you are using XP in linux) in XP folder , run that and select Update X-plane, also tick mark "beta" , if that file ain't in you X-plane folder than download the installer from the x-plane website.

If you run XP it should also see the update

 

Thank you sir! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Arasaka said:

Folks, can anyone please advice on the crosswind / ground handling behavior? I don't use the XP11 at present but try to follow any major changes. AFAIK, the excessive weathervaning was a problem. Are there any changes now?

Big improvement with crosswind and ground handling! I set up a 15k crosswind and had no problem taking off and landing with the proper flight control inputs! The plane does not spin on the ground anymore either!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, strider1 said:

Big improvement with crosswind and ground handling! I set up a 15k crosswind and had no problem taking off and landing with the proper flight control inputs! The plane does not spin on the ground anymore either!

Very very good to know, thanks for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, strider1 said:

Big improvement with crosswind and ground handling! I set up a 15k crosswind and had no problem taking off and landing with the proper flight control inputs! The plane does not spin on the ground anymore either!

Is that using the experimental fm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, strider1 said:

Big improvement with crosswind and ground handling! I set up a 15k crosswind and had no problem taking off and landing with the proper flight control inputs! The plane does not spin on the ground anymore either!

Thanks. That's great! I'm happy they are trying to improve some fundamental stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just suffocated when flying the FF A320 when passing FL140, so a new bleed-logic is probably causing some issues there. Everything started to go dark although the cabin-pressure seemed alright. It sure made the test-flight interesting though 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to know the ground handling has got better, anyone tried with tail draggers ? 

Still setting up my arduino with the gyro hence can't test. Would be nice to know how the draggers handle now, i got two the 109 / Corsair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Is that using the experimental fm?

It was with both! This was in the default 172. I am not sure if there is a difference between experimental on or off in the 172. Need to test more!

Edited by strider1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now