Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

X-Plane 11.30 Beta is out!

..lots of impotent staff, which large portion of it I don't even understand ...... but what about some basics, like adding fuel selectors to the Baron B58 & the being able to properly control the Cowl Flaps via Axis assignments ...... after all is this what we do when flying, no 🙄 ?????  

No fps changes here, for the good and the bad.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

51 minutes ago, france89 said:

No fps changes here, for the good and the bad.

It might change with Vulkan. At least that's what Ben has said on the blog

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

27 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

It might change with Vulkan. At least that's what Ben has said on the blog

For me I am happy I reverted back to 11.26, it just is more fluid with the jets than 11.30 is.  I will probably choose to stop upgrading at 11.26 unless the fps issue is acknowledged and dealt with.  In my case it might be a VRAM issue since my Nvidia GPU is low on VRAM.  I completed a replay of my fav flight, SFO to Reno in the Aerobask Eclipse, and enjoyed it.  The contrails may be dark but at least they are behind the engines where they belong, and not off the wing tips.  Also, the particle system made the contrails look like little puff balls, which I did not care for.  I guess "if it ain't broke", my motto as a WAN admin once, still applies and I have no stark complaints with 11.26.

John

27 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

For me I am happy I reverted back to 11.26, it just is more fluid with the jets than 11.30 is.  I will probably choose to stop upgrading at 11.26 unless the fps issue is acknowledged and dealt with.  In my case it might be a VRAM issue since my Nvidia GPU is low on VRAM.  I completed a replay of my fav flight, SFO to Reno in the Aerobask Eclipse, and enjoyed it.  The contrails may be dark but at least they are behind the engines where they belong, and not off the wing tips.  Also, the particle system made the contrails look like little puff balls, which I did not care for.  I guess "if it ain't broke", my motto as a WAN admin once, still applies and I have no stark complaints with 11.26.

John

Think i will revert only after that one bug is fixed and depending how it goes with it. 

need to really try a fixed winged flight to check the wingtip vortices and the contrails of the jets.

18 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Think i will revert only after that one bug is fixed and depending how it goes with it. 

need to really try a fixed winged flight to check the wingtip vortices and the contrails of the jets.

You will find it interesting.  I did not try a fixed wing jet flight with the default aircraft before I reverted, since outside of the S76 and 172, I only fly add-on aircraft with Xplane11.  It was the way the effects looked off of my Aerobask Eclipse that turned me off.  They did not look real and the fps when viewing them from the external view, although not too low, felt choppy and not as smooth as 11.26.  Prop aircraft handled just fine and smoothly, however, since except for wheel smoke on touchdown those do not have effects associated with them. 

I am sure these issues will be ironed out, the devs read these forums and as long as we discuss them respectfully they will respond.  I still think of Xplane as the savior of our hobby during the dark ages after Microsoft had dropped MSFS, Xplane is what spurred Lockheed Martin to take up FSX and turn it into P3D.  Austin reminds me of the old movie "The Mouse that Roared" as he successfully saved the integrity of our hobby. 

My own former employer, JDA software, was not unlike Xplane.  We dominated the retail supply chain software industry against the likes of giants like Oracle, capturing 80 pct. of the market.  I always liked supporting and working for underdogs.  My business systems training company Cyntergy in 93-95 implemented the biggest deployment of Unix based systems in the history of the hospitality industry, taking over the workload from IBM when they could not provide the resources Holiday Inn needed to fulfill their deliverables. 

We completed 500 systems implementations worldwide in two years, even though IBM managed us and we were considered virtual employees of their company and Holiday Inn.  Once again, the small guys, just 80 of us, did something that had not been done before.  I see Austin's team like that in our hobby and identify with them so well, especially now that my career is over.

John

Whenever a beta starts, I make a copy of my current stable version - currently 11.26 - and name it (in this case 11.30 beta A).  Then I make a copy of that and name it beta B.  Now, I still have my original and “leap frog” through the betas using A and B.  Works great.

John Wingold

Here is my 2 cts regarding the beta:

• New particle effects can be tuned as desired by airplane authors, i.e. WHEN they show, how strong they are, etc. This will be further tuned for default aircraft (removing excess condensation effects for pulling AOA)
  • Better ground effect - most aircraft need less "pull back" during the flare, depending on aircraft geometry (how much stabilizer is affected by downwash). This is INDEPENDENT of the "new experimental flight model" checkbox
  • Clouds block lights at night - this wasn´t even mentionend in the release notes (I think), but is HUGE for realistic flying
  • Framerate gain/loss seems to vary from system to system. There is only so much "optimizing" that can be done - in the end your computer has to expend computing power to render a picture. As visual fidelity goes up (particles effect), rendering load goes up with it. Cause and effect, no way around that (no, not even bitching about how everything was better "way back then" 😂). To everyone waiting for the "Vulcan magic bullet" to somehow transform your old, struggling, marginal hardware into a "90fps all sliders to max wow that looks awesome" machine: You are in for a big disappointment, I think.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Janov said:

To everyone waiting for the "Vulcan magic bullet" to somehow transform your old, struggling, marginal hardware into a "90fps all sliders to max wow that looks awesome" machine: You are in for a big disappointment, I think.

Cheers, Jan

😩

30 fps is all i want

• Upvote 1

Well,

after having given it a try last night I was about to post here my findings but Janov's post above nailed it all perfectly, and covers pretty much what I was about to say, and even more ( didn't know that fine tuning of the ground effect was independent of the "experimental flight model" option now in the "General" properties tab ).

I didn't yet test the "lights through clouds", but IRL at night, flying over city areas a low stratified layer while not showing the pinpoint lights, will show that typical diffuse glare of the city lights bellow...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

23 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I didn't yet test the "lights through clouds", but IRL at night, flying over city areas a low stratified layer while not showing the pinpoint lights, will show that typical diffuse glare of the city lights bellow...

I think this is what only x-Enviro did back then, no idea now

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1. Copied 11.26 to different drive
  2. Converted copy to 11.30b
  3. Started sim 11.30 26fps
  4. Waited 1 minute
  5. Screenshot
  6. *see settings below*
  7. Started Original 11.26
  8. Waited 1 Minute
  9. Screenshot
  10. Location Orbx True Earth Great Britain South (London)
  11. 1440p
  12. Nvidia Driver 416.34

Note! HDR Shadows in 11.30 now behave very differently! They appear only very close to the Plane now, and many Pop (appear) abruptly instead of fading in slowly as previously. In 11.30 I don't believe they are worth activating

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

H4Vqdt.jpg

HBMkMt.jpg

GTPf4s.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

8 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:
  1. Copied 11.26 to different drive
  2. Converted copy to 11.30b
  3. Started sim 11.30
  4. Waited 1 minute
  5. Screenshot
  6. *see settings below*
  7. Started Original 11.26
  8. Waited 1 Minute
  9. Screenshot
  10. Location Orbx True Earth Great Britain South (London)

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

H4Vqdt.jpg

HBMkMt.jpg

GTPf4s.jpg

Perhaps do it again with clean weather?

Just now, france89 said:

Perhaps do it again with clean weather?

Weather barely affects FPS on the 2080ti, and the fps drop remains consistent. Approx 10fps lower on 11.30

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

18 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Weather barely affects FPS on the 2080ti, and the fps drop remains consistent. Approx 10fps lower on 11.30

I don't get Wx fps loss either on the RX 550. Very rarely.

i tested by keeping MAXIMUM OBJECTS / HDR + SSAO and leveaving AA to FXAA (not yet tried higher) and Reflections to LOW.

The strange thing it shows the same fps no matter what ehehe. I am being capped due to bad opengl amd driver. 

I copied XP11 folder which will revert back to 11.26 and left the 11.30b1 as is. It's the same thing i do with DCS Release / Open Beta.

got a 2TB HDD and have 1TB free so no worries at least where hdd space is concerned.

Uhu i thought those were Pastas screenshots , i am surprised you are achieving almost similar fps with some GPU stuff on extra on that Space ship of yours.

LOD is one big culprit i feel.

Edited by HumptyDumpty