Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

X-Plane 11.30 Beta is out!

2 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

To those who use the 11.30 beta. How do you like the overhauled ATC?

It's an improvement. However, it still needs more functionality and features, but it's a huge step in the right direction. Also we need support for both us and eu differences, as well as both VFR and IFR comm. I hope LR will continue to improve the ATC in the upcoming releases, they're on the right path.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

I had a play with the ATC as well. The usability and voices are definitely an improvement. I never actually did a full start to end flight with it, so can't judge if that part had improved, but it seems to be going in the right direction.

ATC still has me flying into a Mountain! I think they only added speech improvements for this update.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Sometimes, ATC fails to file a flight plan, but if I can contact center for clearance and unless used in diffcult terrain, vectoring works rather well.

I do miss the pilot female voice though...

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Beta 3 is out everyone, hopefully everyone will like it.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Not working on my end (Linux): load goes to infinite (never reaching the cockpit). One time I could load a flight, but I dropped out of the sky from 1000 feet or so, with no scenery displayed (as if I have objects at zero). I reported the bug, and went back to 11.26 for now.

10 hours ago, soaring_penguin said:

Not working on my end (Linux): load goes to infinite (never reaching the cockpit). One time I could load a flight, but I dropped out of the sky from 1000 feet or so, with no scenery displayed (as if I have objects at zero). I reported the bug, and went back to 11.26 for now.

The problem seems to be with  HD mesh v4 and beta 3. I have done more tests at request of Laminar.  Everything is fine without the mesh.

I'm using V3 mesh without issue on beta 3.

I'm on Win 10, though

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

40 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

I'm using V3 mesh without issue on beta 3.

I'm on Win 10, though

Stu

HD Mesh v4 is different from v3, for example it has more recent OSM data as reference, and uses the newer art assests from XP11. And it could be a local problem, this happened before. (but that doesn't mean it can not happen at another location also). And it loaded up fine in XP11 11.26 and XP 11.30 b1 and b2. I have read other reports of people falling out of the sky instead of starting at the ramp. This could be related.

Since the new version of the beta is out, I decided to make a copy and update the copy to test things.  I haven't tried the ATC yet, but am looking forward to it.  Just had a crash while trying to reconfigure weather.

I did get to test ground handling (taxi) and takeoff and landing in fairly calm conditions in the Beaver.  I've been quite anxious about whether the silly wind and propwash effects introduced in recent versions have been tamed.

I'm happy to say it appears they have.  The Beaver felt like an actual plane to taxi and take off and land.  Very nice.

I was trying to set up a decent crosswind when it crashed, so haven't tried that yet either.

I can say that, as others have reported, there is a definite hit to FPS.  Whereas I usually get in the 45-60 FPS range at most times, I was in the 30s in very unpopulated areas just now.  And every flight started much lower than that upon spawn and took a minute or so to climb to 30ish.  

Can't say I'm happy about that.  Hope that gets optimized before full release.

Well, time for more testing.  

• Like 1

While testing a modded C90B (with PT6A-135A engines) yesterday, my FPS were oddly enough in the 60s to 70s range. I have no idea why, since B3 was definitely performing worse before that.

Edited by Bjoern

Struggling with performance in 11.30b3. Using UHD mesh, and the sim is not running great. However, the graphics are stunning. As soon as I add some clouds it gets a lot worse.

Edited by NorwegianAviator

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

Anyone had any luck getting the the new ATC window to come up in the latest beta? Hitting the default enter/return key showing assigned as "contact ATC" crashes the sim for me.

Chris

Try disabling UHD Mesh by moving it out of "Custom Scenery". Start a session and see if your framerates improve. Then shut down X-Plane and add UHD Mesh again. Also delete your shadercache and reboot the PC.

It sounds a lot like a placebo or rain dance, but this is the only thing I did and I'm getting better performance than ever.