Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Drzewiecki Design Product Questions - Share insights

Hi guys,

Even though I am on sim vacation but I am getting some addons ready and have started to allocate some time to sim here and there.

With a sale happening, I have these products in my cart - could you tell me on how the performance of Drzewiecki Design products is on P3Dv4.3.  I have FTX Global, Vector, Global 2010 Mesh, and all the Orbx US Regions installed.  

I have in my cart

Miami City X (I assume the Miami airports are in this one), 

NYC X v2

NY Airports V2 - Vol 1

NY Airports V2 - Vol 2

Seattle Airports X

Washington X

How is their support? (most important) do they do updates regularly? and does it work well with my above mentioned addons?

Thanks

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

24 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Hi guys,

Even though I am on sim vacation but I am getting some addons ready and have started to allocate some time to sim here and there.

With a sale happening, I have these products in my cart - could you tell me on how the performance of Drzewiecki Design products is on P3Dv4.3.  I have FTX Global, Vector, Global 2010 Mesh, and all the Orbx US Regions installed.  

I have in my cart

NYC X v2

NY Airports V2 - Vol 1

NY Airports V2 - Vol 2

Seattle Airports X

Washington X

How is their support? (most important) do they do updates regularly? and does it work well with my above mentioned addons?

Thanks

I have NY and Seattle airports.  They seem just ok on performance.  U will need a pretty stout system to run KSEA with ORBX PNW.  Just for comparison I have better performance at Flightbeam KSFO v2 with California ORBX regions installed then I do with KSEA.  Flightbeam looks nicer as well.

Matt Wilson

I have NYC X and both airport volumes.  In a region where FPS is already at a premium, these can bring a modest system to its knees, but the new skyline looks absolutely stunning.  

• Upvote 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

Hi guys,

I have in my cart

NYC X v2

NY Airports V2 - Vol 1

NY Airports V2 - Vol 2

Seattle Airports X

Washington X

Thanks

Not good in performance in the Seattle area. I had to uninstall one of the included airports (manually deleted all related files, I think it was KRNT, as the airport was almost unflyable). Miami is also a bit heavy on frames. I don't have any NY airports/scenery, but I suppose is similar. In general, I would say the ratio "detail quality/performance" is not up to what I was looking for.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

So, I got Washington X on the FSPS store sale for 50%

It really makes KDCA and surrounding area like Crystal City, DC, the monuments very nice.

Only thing I am not enjoying is the green/blurry roads (these are not system generated blurries).  Apparently there is some photo image, wish there was a way to turn it off and just use Orbx Globa+openlc NA.  Infact for installation, I just have Washington X installed for clean base P3D4.3.  Something about those green textures do not quite mesh.  If DD fixes this, they will have one of the best DC packages around (and make lot of $$$).

The installer does install outside P3Dv4.3 technically - it still adds the directory in Sim/Addon Scenery vs Username/Documents/Prepar3d v4 Add-ons and there is no way to choose it.  It forces the location.  I had to move that directory to my Document/Addon directory and fix it by Lorby's life saver Addon Organizer tool.  

Simple minor things - not joking can make this product legendary.  DD if you are reading this - please install the scenery in documents/Prepar3d Add-ons vs Sim directory/addon scenery.  And please do something about the green photomap or whatever it is.  Something is off.

Very grateful that I have KDCA and surrounding area with buildings looking super awesome.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)