Bob Scott

P3Dv4.4--all default Beechcraft removed

On 2/19/2019 at 3:08 AM, JDWalley said:

I'm only finding two BMP files in \Effects\texture with that naming convention:

fx_alaefetresA36.bmp

fx_efetres2A36.bmp

Is there another one?

Dear friend:

The naming convention is simply *36*, not *A36*. If you look according to the first pattern you'll find another third file. Excuse me for not telling you the exact name, but I have been warned that such a procedure would violate the Forum Rules. However, there is not any possible confusion. I am sure that if you reduce your searching line from three to two characters you'll find the file you need.

Please feel free to PM me if you need.

Hope this helps. Best Regards,

Felix FdC

• Like 1

i9-9900K / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 2070 8 GB / W10 64

With all due respect....I still have P3D v4.3 installed, and I do not see any other file with "36" in the filename that resides in the Effects/texture folder.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for your remark, Christoper Low. I'am starting to think that maybe I am wrong regarding this "?third?" effect\texture file. I have noted that all the Carenado Bonanza files have the "A36" label in their names. In my sim there is a effect\texture file with only "36" in its name, now I am not sure to what it belongs, and maybe I thought too fast that it could be part of the pack. I'm going to test the plane without this file, if it is not necessary then I will edit my post of last December 31. If so, I apologize for my mistake.

Felix FdC

Oviedo (Spain)

Edited by felixfer
  • Upvote 1

Thanks to Christopher Low and JDWalley for their remarks. They are right and I was wrong. The appropiate pattern for looking the files of P3D Bonanza is "A36", not only "36". In consequence, there are only TWO effects\texture files, not three, as I thought before. I apologize for my mistake. I am trying to edit my post of December 31, but until now I haven't be able to do so.

Thanks for your understanding and best regards,

Felix FdC

Oviedo (Spain)

• Upvote 1

Thanks a lot to w6kd and vgbaron for editing my original post and correcting my mistakes.

Felix FdC

Quick question: Do the A36 switches (battery, lights etc) normally have sounds?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

8 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Quick question: Do the A36 switches (battery, lights etc) normally have sounds?

Hi, Dimitrios,

Yes, they do, in my P3D 4.5 (not HotFix yet).

Best regards,

Felix

they don't work in my 4.5 w/hotfix.(just took it up) Don't know what I'm missing. It really is a default plane I have started missing. I've got plenty in the hanger to use up my time with, but I have a long time relationship with the little ole A36. I also noticed my dadgum beacon is non-functional. Got me wonderin about the current payware. Would I beat myself over the head if I spent some cash?  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Okay, thanks guys. Maybe I can find out what file is required and substitute it.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else