Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Carenado in X-Plane

N1125Y - negative sir. No VR equipment as of yet. Waiting for approval from CIC!

On the skymaster .. I noticed last night that the animated engine cowl vents are borked. If you choose close, they'll close and then spring fully open and repeat. Same with choosing open. The issue with the stuck starter sound might be somewhat related. The momentary contact function of the switches doesn't work. I.E. the start sw when held to "start" does so but won't return to "both". You have to manually place it back to the "both" (mags) setting. Same with the cowl flaps. I believe that those switches are monetary open or momentary close and then return to center. However they do not. Maybe this "functional logic" is the reason why the cowl flaps animation cycles over and over. When manually returned to center, they stop their oscillating.

Another slight pieve with these sale v10+ Carenado's is the toggle switches and rotating knobs don't use the mouse's center wheel like any of the aircraft specifically created for XP v11. I would think (but what do I know) that this should be a fairly easy thing to "add".  Anyone with knowledge of the planemaker app know of this and the above features are something that can be retro added to Carenado aircraft?

Edited by Tacyon

..Cowl Flaps are an issue with the Stock B58 as well...... the Stock B58 is unfinished product LR is aware of that and promised that they will fix it....v

And again base on users review and opinions I decide to stay away from Birds that have been patched for use with XP11

Cheers

11 hours ago, N1125Y said:

..Cowl Flaps are an issue with the Stock B58 as well...... the Stock B58 is unfinished product LR is aware of that and promised that they will fix it....v

And again base on users review and opinions I decide to stay away from Birds that have been patched for use with XP11

Cheers

Please explain this further.  I have no bugs filed against the B58 regarding cowl flaps.  If there is an issue, I would like to know what it is.

23 hours ago, Tacyon said:

I would think (but what do I know) that this should be a fairly easy thing to "add".  Anyone with knowledge of the planemaker app know of this and the above features are something that can be retro added to Carenado aircraft?

Mouse interaction with controls in the 3D model is handled by cockpit_[blah].obj and not the ACF file.

Good news: You can edit these files with a text editor.
Bad news: You need to know what to edit and how to edit it.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

4 hours ago, Paul Deluca said:

I see Carenado has the Saab  340 in the works for XP11

I have the LES 340 and it's quite good except for X-plane's "My way or the highway" attitude.

Since the results are in  from the survey , we will  see more from Carenado  due to competition. What do you mean about X planes attitude?

Cessna 208 caravan issues.  Carenado was quick to respond  fixing the tail heavy problem i had with it. Come to find out, half of the rocker switch stopped working on the [ch] yoke.My fault for not checking .Using the curve response was another big help.Huge difference now with proper trim .  Thank you Carenado!!!!!

On 12/7/2018 at 10:09 AM, Paraffin said:

Interesting... I haven't had that problem with the Carenado C208, but it might be because I've only flown it in the FSEconomy game, where I'm usually fully loaded with pax/cargo and 75% full tanks. Always flying heavy. Have you tried bumping up the weight and fuel load? 

I have that same problem with prop reverse on the PC-12. Very annoying. I've been burning out the brakes to avoid using it, but I'll try your method with beta range.

We're due for a PC-12 update after 11.30 goes final to fix several things, like that ticking noise in the cockpit. Maybe they'll finally fix the ground handling for prop reverse in the next update.

Hey Paraffin:I submitted a ticket with carenado regarding the Pc  12 They said  our sims is installed on a systems owned folder. The operating system will not allow plugins to work. in c drive. Submit a ticket, and let me know what they say. I flew my Beech 200 with the same plugin, and it flew fine. Reverse, and stopping is great!!!

13 hours ago, Paul Deluca said:

Cessna 208 caravan issues.  Carenado was quick to respond  fixing the tail heavy problem i had with it. Come to find out, half of the rocker switch stopped working on the [ch] yoke.My fault for not checking .Using the curve response was another big help.Huge difference now with proper trim .  Thank you Carenado!!!!!

May i iaxe what that fix was?

Hey Adrian:  I thought  they made a mistake when the plane was built. I was wrong.  The fix was recalibrating the yoke using the menu.Carenado told me about the yoke, and they were right. I toyed around using the curved response which is now supplied with XP.I keep that graph at bare minimum because when you pull the yoke back, you can see the trim indicator go up with it. Of course we don't want that.So i reset , and works fine. I will retest soon to see if it holds.

36 minutes ago, Paul Deluca said:

Hey Adrian:  I thought  they made a mistake when the plane was built. I was wrong.  The fix was recalibrating the yoke using the menu.Carenado told me about the yoke, and they were right. I toyed around using the curved response which is now supplied with XP.I keep that graph at bare minimum because when you pull the yoke back, you can see the trim indicator go up with it. Of course we don't want that.So i reset , and works fine. I will retest soon to see if it holds.

Thanks for your reply. I also ran into a post on the org , maybe the same one ,where the default setup for XP11 changed the usb trim in some manner or another when using roll and pitch.By setting it to zero inside plane maker, it helps immensely. Something developers either Carenado or Xplane (Austin Powers) are going to have to fix. Also found deleting the assignment for yoke then reassigning will re-calibrate the yoke.

Edited by Adrian123

7 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Thanks for your reply. I also ran into a post on the org , maybe the same one ,where the default setup for XP11 changed the usb trim in some manner or another when using roll and pitch.By setting it to zero inside plane maker, it helps immensely. Something developers either Carenado or Xplane (Austin Powers) are going to have to fix. Also found deleting the assignment for yoke then reassigning will re-calibrate the yoke.

Hey Adrian: Good thing you mentioned  plane maker. I scanned it , and it told me that plane maker was incompatible. Like you said, it is up to Laminar to investigate, and solve it.The Caravan: The trim is off a tiny bit. No biggie. What is does now is, it veers off to the right  when  i twist the prop. I have to give it hard left rudder, and toe brake. Still nowhere as bad as the pc12.After going through that , and saying @#&*### later,I will wait , and see.

I have not seen the over torque steer. Not sure why and never have. fortunate i guess. I knda always blamed that on XP funky crosswinds. But I don't know notin.