Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Carenado in X-Plane

Hey guys:  Since there are no posts regarding this plane: Evektor EV 55. I bought one. Nosewheel needs  work. The funniest part flying this plane is the thumping sound it makes. With headphones on, it reminds me of bearded men chained to benches manning  huge oars, with the guy pounding the drum.  Like the movies .. Not a bad plane to fly.  Good slow approach on final, like a twin otter.

Edited by Paul Deluca
a touch harsh

Took advantage of the sale, picking up the C152IIv3.2 and applied NHadrian's extensive mod.  It flies unbelievably like the real thing - stalls, spins, aerobatics - the whole nine yards.  Something I really like - wheel pants are optional.

Edited by olderndirt
  • Upvote 1

Great Olderndirt!!! Just like the Bellanca Citabria.Last year i asked Carenado about building the Dehavilland  Dash-7 for when i fly in Alaska. They told  me they would take it into consideration. Perfect plane for the villages up there.

Edited by Paul Deluca

Will the planes made for XP10 eventually get complete updates for XP11?

Are the cockpits entirely clickable?

Is the B200 better than the default C90B? (Apple and pineapple, I know. But a King Air is a King Air.)

Is there a freight model for the 1900D?

How's the Phenom?

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

37 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Will the planes made for XP10 eventually get complete updates for XP11?

From what I recall in the Carenado forum on the .org, they won't be updating the entire legacy XP10 fleet with new versions for XP11. The ones that don't sell very well, will be left behind. 

I think that's reasonable, considering limited manpower to work on updates. Even the newer XP11 models will still need work to keep up with changes during the XP11 cycle. Like the v11 PC-12 that's overdue for an update to fix a few problems.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Hi all, yesterday I bought, taking advantage of the 50% discount, the C90B King Air HD Series XP11. The problem I have is that the plane appears on the runway with the door open and two mechanics with half a body outside the plane supposedly fixing it. I can´t find a way to put the plane ready for takeoff with the door closed and without mechanics. I wonder if this plane is not optimized for XP11 although the version I have purchased is specific for it. I would appreciate any help since I am quite new. 

57 minutes ago, juanpmar said:

Hi all, yesterday I bought, taking advantage of the 50% discount, the C90B King Air HD Series XP11. The problem I have is that the plane appears on the runway with the door open and two mechanics with half a body outside the plane supposedly fixing it. I can´t find a way to put the plane ready for takeoff with the door closed and without mechanics. I wonder if this plane is not optimized for XP11 although the version I have purchased is specific for it. I would appreciate any help since I am quite new. 

Try clicking the Carenado options menu (one of the three little tabs at the left side of the screen). I don't have that model, but if it works like other planes, there should be an option on one of those menus to disable/enable things like ground crew.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Usually it is an SASL registration problem that causes that. Fought that on the B200 when I first got it. Does the pilot show in the cockpit?

Edited by Adrian123

Thanks Paraffin and Adrian123, there is no tab on the side and the pilot does not appear either. In case it is a registration problem I don´t understand what it is referring to because I have not been asked at any time for registration data. Sorry, but what does SASL mean?

I have the C90 in Xplane and I have never seen or heard of "Mechanics" sticking out of the plane? 🙂 Wouldn't happen to have any failures enabled in Xplane?

Carenado will issue you a bunch of letters, and numbers when you buy their products. Be sure to include hyphens, or dashes when you type in the info.VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, juanpmar said:

Once you activate your C90 with your serial you need to reload your aircraft from developer menu or restart the sim then your two mechanics (in fact the pilots) won't show anymore in the external views.

• Like 1

Alexander Colka

6 hours ago, Paul Deluca said:

Great Olderndirt!!! Just like the Bellanca Citabria.Last year i asked Carenado about building the Dehavilland  Dash-7 for when i fly in Alaska. They told  me they would take it into consideration. Perfect plane for the villages up there.

There's a freeware Dash7 for XP out there - may be on .org.  It flies very well in 11.26.