Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Recommended Posts

I love it so far! 

Close to A2A Standards!

Only thing I miss is more repaints for it based on real world repaints. I can`t find that anywhere at all, but as far as I have looked on the vertx website, they do not have a paintkit for it either so that maybe be the reason we haven`t seen much more repaints for it yet, but I hope we will see that in the near future!

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just installed in 4.5. Missing landing gear and none of the systems turn on. Any thoughts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, nisx said:

Just installed in 4.5. Missing landing gear and none of the systems turn on. Any thoughts?

 

I had it already installed and running well in 4.4. I upgraded to 4.5 (not hotfix) and it still runs ok. If you are using 4.5 HF maybe there is an issue there

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/23/2019 at 1:18 AM, Airway88 said:

I love it so far! 

Close to A2A Standards!

Only thing I miss is more repaints for it based on real world repaints. I can`t find that anywhere at all, but as far as I have looked on the vertx website, they do not have a paintkit for it either so that maybe be the reason we haven`t seen much more repaints for it yet, but I hope we will see that in the near future!

There are no repaints because there is no layered paint kit. I did start on getting rid of the Vertx logos on the tails and getting rid of the default registrations. I stopped because I wasn't sure if the textures etc weren't going to be updated and my work would have been in vain.

As far as real world paints are concerned Sean seems to have covered all the factory schemes so it would be a case of putting registrations (real ones) on existing paints.

Does that make sense?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, antonvs said:

I had it already installed and running well in 4.4. I upgraded to 4.5 (not hotfix) and it still runs ok. If you are using 4.5 HF maybe there is an issue there

The HF could be the issue. Does anyone have it working with the HF?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nisx said:

Just installed in 4.5. Missing landing gear and none of the systems turn on. Any thoughts?

 

Open the Vertx app and go to the advanced tab. I did re-install XML tools, sound module, and reset ini files. This worked for me. See pages 22-23 of the manual.

Caution resetting ini files will reset your flight statistics (hours flown, number of landings,
etc).

Edited by BillS511

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rogen said:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, BillS511 said:

Open the Vertx app and go to the advanced tab. I did re-install XML tools, sound module, and reset ini files. This worked for me. See pages 22-23 of the manual.

Caution resetting ini files will reset your flight statistics (hours flown, number of landings,
etc).

Thank you BillS511. I don't have access to the app. After I download and install the 62 the app appears on my desktop and disappears a few seconds later. Really scratching my head on this one... 

Update: Solved... anti-virus issue!

Edited by nisx
update
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BillS511 said:

Open the Vertx app and go to the advanced tab. I did re-install XML tools, sound module, and reset ini files. This worked for me. See pages 22-23 of the manual.

Caution resetting ini files will reset your flight statistics (hours flown, number of landings,
etc).

Curious, do you know where the .ini file is. I inadvertently reset the total hrs rather then trip hours and would like to correct it. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, antonvs said:

Curious, do you know where the .ini file is. I inadvertently reset the total hrs rather then trip hours and would like to correct it. Thanks

It's the PanelVar_Default.ini file. The settings are about a third way down. File located in ...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Vertx\DA62-P3D4\AutoPlay\Files. Any changes you make in the file won't show in the app until after you've loaded the aircraft and closed the sim.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BillS511 said:

It's the PanelVar_Default.ini file. The settings are about a third way down. File located in ...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Vertx\DA62-P3D4\AutoPlay\Files. Any changes you make in the file won't show in the app until after you've loaded the aircraft and closed the sim.

Ok thanks. You steered me in the right direction. However I found the file you referenced as it says is the default.ini

The file that stores the live info is just PanelVar.ini, which is in the Panel folder. After I changed the total odometer setting this showed straight away when I next flew the DA62. All good. 

Edited by antonvs

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, antonvs said:

The file that stores the live info is just PanelVar.ini, which is in the Panel folder. After I changed the total odometer setting this showed straight away when I next flew the DA62. All good. 

Yes, you are correct. That file works too actually better as you stated.

Share this post


Link to post

Just curious from those using it in VR.  How clear and readable are the G1000 screens.  I am using a vive pro with 1.5 multiplier through Fly Inside for supersampling

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

EXTERIOR LANDING LIGHTS ISSUE

Dear Sean, to start with, let me congratulate you for the great work you have done with the DA62. I love flying it. The flying dynamics are superb.
Just a question. When changing from vc to cockpit view (I use GA gauges from Air Manager poped up into a second monitor) my landing lights are not visible on the tarmac. I have the option for LANDING LIGHT reflection on the ground ENABLED in my P3D v4.5 settings. What can I be doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Mario Castillo del Pino
Malaga, Spain

Edited by Mario Castillo del Pino

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BrettT said:

Just curious from those using it in VR.  How clear and readable are the G1000 screens.  I am using a vive pro with 1.5 multiplier through Fly Inside for supersampling

I use a Vive PRO and have no issues with the Vertx DA62. It runs smoothly with good readable gauages. A great experience. I no longer use flyinside as I could not get the Vive Pro working. My VR is through the P3D.

Edited by pedwards

Share this post


Link to post

I've done a few flights in v 4.5 HF1 and the Vertx DA62 is stable and performs well.

Simply and outstanding job by Sean.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, pedwards said:

I use a Vive PRO and have no issues with the Vertx DA62. It runs smoothly with good readable gauages. A great experience. I no longer use flyinside as I could not get the Vive Pro working. My VR is through the P3D.

Thanks Paul!

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/4/2019 at 2:52 AM, Mario Castillo del Pino said:

EXTERIOR LANDING LIGHTS ISSUE

Dear Sean, to start with, let me congratulate you for the great work you have done with the DA62. I love flying it. The flying dynamics are superb.
Just a question. When changing from vc to cockpit view (I use GA gauges from Air Manager poped up into a second monitor) my landing lights are not visible on the tarmac. I have the option for LANDING LIGHT reflection on the ground ENABLED in my P3D v4.5 settings. What can I be doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Mario Castillo del Pino
Malaga, Spain

Hi Mario, as explained in earlier posts, Sean is unable to offer support at the moment as he is involved with health issues in his family. So in the meantime we have to try and help each other.

 I wonder if you can see lights on the runway when in the exterior view? And have you got Dynamic lighting turned on in P3D as from memory that has to be enabled as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 5 de junio de 2019 at 12:04 AM, antonvs said:

Hi Mario, as explained in earlier posts, Sean is unable to offer support at the moment as he is involved with health issues in his family. So in the meantime we have to try and help each other.

 I wonder if you can see lights on the runway when in the exterior view? And have you got Dynamic lighting turned on in P3D as from memory that has to be enabled as well.

 

Thanks antonvs for the response. Sorry to know about Sean's problems. I send my best wishes to him. I scanned the 27 pages looking for my issue and clumsily did not read about it. My apologies.

Thanks to the community for supporting him and the rest of the happy vertxt flyers. 

Yes. I have the dynamic lighting turned on and everything is working fine in two of the addons planes I usually fly (PMDG 737ngx and Real Air Turbine Duke v2) They show the landing lights on the tarmac from all views (vc, cockpit and external) except Realair Duke and Vertx D62 whose landing lights only show in vc and external, not cockpit view with instruments popped up in a second monitor. I must obviously be setting something wrong in these two but it is weird cause all P3D 4.5 Settings are identical for all of them. The PMDGs and the Duke Turbine works great but the Duke and the Vertx don't. Consequently I only fly them in day time. 

Does anybody have a clue of what I am doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

And again my true thoughts to the magic creator of our loved DA62. Hope everything goes well again for him and his family.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Here's hoping that Sean's family's health issue gets swiftly and happily resolved. 🙏

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Can some kind soul explain where the pitot heat switch is in the Vertex DA62 panel?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, heightsmite said:

Can some kind soul explain where the pitot heat switch is in the Vertex DA62 panel?

Just below the lower right corner of the pilot's G1000 display and between the AV Master and landing gear controls.

40772014943_7e6914d79b_h.jpgATC is vectoring me around to the north by Buffy Foster, on Flickr

Edited by Buffy Foster
Added a picture to make it clearer.
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks, Buff.  Just found it when you replied.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

DA62 is still great, but further development seems to have been pretty much frozen - it's such a good base product, but it still in its teething phase (from the point of view from a user of real-world Diamond aircraft like myself). Especially the G1000 would benefit from further attention. I would hope Vertx would raise the prize on PMDG levels and - over time - keep shaping it more towards the real thing. Any news, guys, that anybody might have?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if this DA62 is in the new Microsoft Simulator 2020 (no more an April fool's joke).  It is looks eerily similar (cockpit wise) in the Trailer.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now