Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Few issues I have run into.

• CTD when selecting VORDME app at LGSM / Samos (error Hung application, I am using Fs aerodata with default LGSM)
  • On ground and after AHRS alignment, airplane icon is still pointing relative to True North while MAP orientation is set to "Track up".  Track indicator and whiskey compass is showing 112 degrees, but airplane icon is turned 112 degrees in relation to  my track on the Map display. This is fixed as soon as I taxi.
  • Unable to modify FOB on the AUX  pg 1/4 (under the column "input data") It is always showing 89 Gallons. In the G1000 manual it states "The trip planning inputs are based on sensor inputs (automatic page mode) or on pilot inputs (manual page mode)", so shouldnt the FOB be updated when I modify my fuel in the P3d payload option?

But these are minor issues, the great aspects of this aircraft far outweighs my miniscule concerns 🙂
Terrific addon!

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Hi! I really enjoy flying VFR with this bird but I really struggle when it comes to IFR. I've been flying around in the PMDG boeing family for about 3 years and really went through the manuals and things. Also fimilar with the airbus a3xx family and later on ive been flying the flight1 king air 200, wich also uses the g1000. That aircraft made me wanna fly more twin props with proper autopilot and navigation units. And whats more fun to fly than a small bird in big clouds. Now to my problem.

I cant seem to capture the localizer nor the glideslope. Ive tried it on EKCH (Copenhagen) and also ESGG (Gothenburg). In both PMDG and Flight1 no problem at all to capture and intercept but with this bird seems impossible. The procedure I do is to go to a waypoint near the airport, as stars isnt avalible then LOAD an approach, in both cases an ILS. Activates vector to final, goes down to either 3000ft or 1500 in another case. Activate approach and then Press the APR button. Nothing happens not even a small change. Is there any good tutorial or guide for ils approaches? Ive read the manual but there isnt much info and tried all the steps. 

Thanks!

Go back and read this thread you posted in. There are links to excellent videos that cover all aspects of the DA62. There's about 6 of them - really a must watch.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The LINDA module is ready now:

Have fun!

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

What AA settings are you using?  With any addon I cannot use 8xSSAA ...have you tried MSAA or maybe 4x SSAA?

Can turn off AA altogether and displays still getting a significant fps drop if I find an answer will post been through all the normal troubleshooting and pretty experienced over the last 5 years . Just seeing if anyone else has had issues , by the way lovely plane and still very flyable.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

43 minutes ago, paron said:

I cant seem to capture the localizer nor the glideslope. Ive tried it on EKCH (Copenhagen) and also ESGG (Gothenburg). In both PMDG and Flight1 no problem at all to capture and intercept but with this bird seems impossible. The procedure I do is to go to a waypoint near the airport, as stars isnt avalible then LOAD an approach, in both cases an ILS. Activates vector to final, goes down to either 3000ft or 1500 in another case. Activate approach and then Press the APR button. Nothing happens not even a small change. Is there any good tutorial or guide for ils approaches? Ive read the manual but there isnt much info and tried all the steps. 

Thanks!

Make sure the CDI is set to VOR1 and not GPS, if you are flying an ILS approach.

Bert

wow... I had the ILS freq on the left side instead of right. Thought it would "jump over" automatically. 

Drop a stone on my head. Case closed no prob doing ils now 😉

1 hour ago, paron said:

Is there any good tutorial or guide for ils approaches? Ive read the manual but there isnt much info and tried all the steps. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

Go back and read this thread you posted in. There are links to excellent videos that cover all aspects of the DA62. There's about 6 of them - really a must watch.

Vic

Imo the key in successful operation of the Vertx DA62 are to understand all status messages (also within the CDI), sometimes even color and font size matter, just like the real thing. I recommend to walk through my videos 4 A - 4 C, then you have a solid (but not complete of course) foundation. VNAV and approaches are very complex topics.

My videos seem far more popular than I had dared to hope for. Many, many thanks to all for their overwhelming positive feedback. I also think about more training videos regarding VNAV, approaches and other topics, BTW, next video is in progress... 

To find it easier when scrolling through this thread:

How to find Rudi's DA62 training and preview videos:

For all:

1 - Here at AVSIM, Ok, one must remember my user name, and find one of my a postings to see the link within my signature.

2 - youtube search, google search etc. Not so much Vertx DA62 videos. Yet.

3 - at the Vertxsim website (in a few weeks)  https://vertxsim.com/

Vertx DA62 owners:

1 - you have direct access via the DA62 Config Tool, only two mouse clicks. In the Config Tool  "Info" tab, open the user guide, scroll to the last page, click on the link to my channel.

2 - the user guide is a pdf. No need to open the user guide via the config tool. 

Today I arranged all videos into a "Vertx DA62" playlist. Will add descriptions to each video soon. 

Edited by rudi0310
typo

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

And another shameless plug - if you are flying this a/c without checking out these videos, you are missing half the fun. Sean & co did an excellent job and Rudi's videos are a big plus.

Vic

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, guenseli said:

The LINDA module is ready now:

Have fun!

Awesome, big thanks!

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Disregard.   I figured it out.

(Windows Defender had somehow turned itself back on, once I disabled it again and reinstalled things were fine.  Stupid WIndows Defender.)

Edited by kaosfere

So there's definitely issues with this plane that will hopefully be resolved with updates, otherwise it would be a darn shame.

First off, ground friction is odd and creates an exaggerated under steer situation at random times. The nose gear even looks like it sliding across the pavement and has zero authority.  Also on take off, occasionally, and for no explicable reason, there's a reduction in rudder authority to the point where I had to kill the throttles or find myself off the runway.

Also, there seems to be no stall warning horn. Why?

And most importantly, my main gripe. It seems as if on take off at random times, speed will slowly climb to 60 knots and no further, despite full power given. The only way of fixing this is reloading the aircraft, then everything is fine. 

Anyone else experience any of these things?

Edited by SolRayz

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

1 hour ago, SolRayz said:

And most importantly, my main gripe. It seems as if on take off at random times, speed will slowly climb to 60 knots and no further, despite full power given. The only way of fixing this is reloading the aircraft, then everything is fine. 

Anyone else experience any of these things?

There appears to be something going on with the brake axis.  The aircraft would achieve takeoff speed just fine one time and not the next.  I would calibrate my brakes in FSUIPC  and things might or might not improve.  Tonight I tried removing my brakes in FSUIPC  and the aircraft would start to taxi at around 20% power and get to takeoff speed just fine.  I have also witnessed the nose wheel skating.  The plane certainly flies nice though and I have made some nice approaches and landing with it.  It is a keeper with a few nits.  😊

Bill

Bill  N7IBG