Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

DA62 VRAM Usage? Spikes to MAX....?

6 hours ago, kaloska said:

Hi Lenny777 !

I have the some VRAM and performance problem too. I have only 4GB Nvidia Gf 1050Ti card (and an old i5 750/3500 MHz 8Gb/1600MHz  RAM system), and this plane unusable for me at this time and uninstalled now. This plane perform worse from my addons. Worse then F1 B200 ( Surprisingly), Majestic Q400,and PMDG737NG which I can use without big problem with my outdated system with internal locked 20Fps. My GPU load 100% with this addon and I have a lot of microstutters, and with my F1 B200 with similar G1000 I have only 25-30% VRAM load. Reduced all sliders a lot but it's not helped too. Internal sound is gradually changing (Steep with 1%) with the engine speed changes and not continuously fluid as in the external sound. Updated the GPU drivers too. I'm very disappointed because I didn't read minimal system requirement before  I bought it because the AVSIM  Membership reported good performane with this nice addon. I have fresh P3D v4.4 and with only several planes installed now, no OrbX or other framerate killer apps installed so far.

Sorry for my bad english, not my native language .

What happens if you reduce global texture size to 1024 or 2048?

Bert

Okay, the Vsync situation is solved - GPU utlization has stablized after clean install of P3d.  EnvShade did mess some things up as mentioned earlier (it says it is compatible with 4.4 but I can't even see any difference - something is wrong with it).

The textures on this airplane are in a league of its own.  @Sean Moloney the quality is amazing.  Guys once you see these textures, it is hard to go back to anything else.  This truly a new plane for 64bit world.....I do have to get a 8GB video card anyway, so no biggie.

Sean did you undercharge all of us on this? this is a like a over $100+ addon - you just raised the bar on every aircraft developer especially at this price point.  Best Christmas Flight Sim addon for me 😊

What is interesting is that Vsync has to be On just to bring the GPU load down a bit - this interesting to see in P3D4.4 with this addon.  Envshade did 100% mess some shaders up and even restore didn't work properly - so that app is grounded.

The manual has amazing amount of graphics settings - really helped me get most of this bird.  Please don't scale the graphics down - holy $$$$ this is work of art.

Mimaps enabled one needs 4096 textures and that does take VRAM due to the extra textures being loaded (the manual said all those things, and I learned it properly for the first time....wow).  

I am able to bring VRam usuage down by scaling scenery textures to 1024 and loading No Mimaps in VC and installing the No-Mimap Textures.  I am down to 3.4 GB Vram on default location with some of the sliders to the left and doesn't bother me.  All is working as intended.

I found a unique installation bug and @Sean Moloney, I just emailed you with all the details to your address on the site

And for some reason the plane remembers my settings even with ready to fly option is enabled.  Is there way to have a setting to reset on what wrong buttons I have pressed.  I love the realism, but while I am testing it with my testing to get things squared away, I need to be able to load up normally without the remembering, that part comes in use once my Sim is stabilized for new VR settings

And this setting helps

[GRAPHICS]
ENABLE_MEMORY_OPTIMIZATION=1

Update:

Everyone - I got everything sorted (stayed up late fixing it)- Shaders got screwed up and even restore didn't function.  Had to clean install P3D again - GPU Utilization is normal even though VRAM is high but video cards can handle it (they have super fast bandwidth anyway).  Utilization spike was the crazy one - and be very careful with whatever shaders you install.  I have not using anything and don't intend after all the time waste Envshade did on my system.

Sean leave the textures as is, this is the future of Prepar3d 😋

Mods - can you update the thread to solved.  I do not want others to get a wrong impression.  I got the GPU spike solved, this thread should help others who could be facing this issue

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

What happens if you reduce global texture size to 1024 or 2048?

Hi Bert

Better with those settings, but the internal engine sound lag terrible and it's useless to me. The VRAM load goes back to 3-4 GB, frame rate was acceptable now, but the sound issue is there. I've tried everything already (motherboard sound driver reinstall, sound quality settings back to 16bit/44000Hz CD, and Nvidia HD audio disabling, Latency check).  The engine/prop sound goes up and down very slow and laggy, compare to the external sound. And every change on the G1000 screens, while reloaded the data, cause framerate drops and sound lags. Every other addon works good (PMDG NGX, F1 B200, Majestic Q400, A2A, F1GTN). My system is poor for this addon I think. I was not patient enough with this purchase. I don't want purchase any hardware for my aged system, and my video card only 5 months old, because the preious card ruined. A complete new system too much for me now. Uninstalled again 😞

Edited by kaloska

5 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Guys once you see these textures, it is hard to go back to anything else.  This truly a new plane for 64bit world.....I do have to get a 8GB video card anyway, so no biggie.

For future proofing, I'm not sure 8GB is going to be enough!

1 minute ago, glider1 said:

For future proofing, I'm not sure 8GB is going to be enough!

There is no such thing as Future Proofing.  The cards which come after 2XXX series will have 16gb to 24gb.  Things are always gonna improve

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

13 hours ago, Skywolf said:

There is no such thing as Future Proofing.  The cards which come after 2XXX series will have 16gb to 24gb.  Things are always gonna improve

Lol and that will be occupied with ray tracing in the future 😉 So indeed nothing is future proof...

André