Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20DEC18] Week after Christmas: Update for 747 coming...

Any words on why the update is delaying? Still issues? Thanks.

James Goggi

On 12/31/2018 at 1:55 AM, scandinavian13 said:

looking back at the disagreements we've had, I see a lot of assumption

Surely PMDG would understand if we make fun of you, given the fact that you promised this update a few times now. Assumptions are always looked at in a bad light, but assumptions are actually what makes up conclusions. One way of us making better conclusions, is for you PMDG to give us more information, rather than soon. It could be the changelog, what you're working on, what you are stuck with. Transparancy will shed a lot of the negative assumptions you so dislike.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I hope mr Randazzo is still alive and not hanging in a tree....left there by his team because of the company policy 😋

• Like 2

Marcel van der biezen

15 minutes ago, oranjeman said:

I hope mr Randazzo is still alive and not hanging in a tree....left there by his team because of the company policy 😋

Lol... I actually wanted to say it will take a couple of years, the captain of the Flying Dutchman isn‘t supposed to walk on land that often... then I noticed your name and the joke became a little flat... xD anyway...  I still have to grin... I hope they didn‘t forget the sign with his name below him xD

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, oranjeman said:

Or even tied up to a chair and silenced by duct tape... That should explain why he didn't apologise for the delay. LOL!

I'm LMFAO just thinking on these so called assumptions... Oh... This was a good one. I'm on fire!! LMFAO!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, windshearDK said:

Surely PMDG would understand if we make fun of you, given the fact that you promised this update a few times now. Assumptions are always looked at in a bad light, but assumptions are actually what makes up conclusions. One way of us making better conclusions, is for you PMDG to give us more information, rather than soon. It could be the changelog, what you're working on, what you are stuck with. Transparancy will shed a lot of the negative assumptions you so dislike.

What do you expect? It's software. kill two bugs, 5 new appear. They are software developers, not stonecutters. A changelog surely would be nice but what for? Software is at least beta until it is released so everything in that log can change anytime. It's not like you can watch your house being built and come to check the progress every thursday 4pm. We have to wait until it's out and it's PMDG decision only when this will be. I'm quite sure that Robert regrets to ever having told us a single word about the update. Maybe there's even something bigger that delays the update like another P3D version that they aren't allowed to talk about and that would make the update senseless or would require them to do it twice if they released it? We don't know it so any information about progress, delay, release etc is pointless as it is simply just an estimated wish.. 

11 hours ago, 30K said:

Hopefully that one.

I've noticed quite a few quirks with it, for example, the moment you turn on the wipers the rain on the windows gets washed off immediately and when turning off vice versa. What also can happen is that the occasional rain droplet, which runs from top to bottom, can run through the wiper as it moves, creating a very unrealistic feeling. I mean it's pretty solid but requires also a lot of work when compared to TFDI or other devs.

What I also think is that it still looks not really 3 dimensional. It really feels like a simple texture.

I personally prefer EFB Performance Page with D-TO 1 and 2 added in this update rather than visual effect 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, windshearDK said:

Transparancy will shed a lot of the negative assumptions you so dislike.

This is s business. You are not shareholders. Competitors exist.

Poking fun of us is fine (we do it all the time: note the heavy use of “Soon TM”). Being imposing and demanding is not. You’re welcome to that opinion, of course, but when people tell us how to run the business is where that ends.

When we tell you something, it’s because we have something to say. When we don’t, we don’t. Furthermore, competition exists, so we can’t just show our hand all the time.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 5

Kyle Rodgers