rsrandazzo

[20DEC18] Week after Christmas: Update for 747 coming...

Captains,

Quick news update as you prepare for Christmas.

We have been working away on a very significant update for the 747 product line, and since updates are a pretty simple process, I broke company policy last month and said something along the lines of "oh, yeah- see  ya all on monday with this new update!"

<insert animation of the PMDG team stoning me for breaking company policy>

On Friday, I we are going to be distributing what we expect will be a final test build of this new version of the airplane  and shipping it out to the testing teams.  Provided I manage not to cross-thread the last few nuts and bolts, I expect we will turn it over to you during the period between Christmas and New Year.

Just wanted you to know- and now I have to go buy some padded body armor because...

• Like 17
  • Upvote 3

LOL I will stop opening the PMDG Operations Centre every hour to see!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!,

Mark

37 minutes ago, mwa05 said:

LOL I will stop opening the PMDG Operations Centre every hour to see!

Me too!

@rsrandazzo😄 that was lovely, Have you got your CAT C stamp, Sir? 😄😄😄 

<< Best regards for you and the team Rob >>

Looking forward to it much appreciated Robert.You and your team have a great Christmas.

Best Regards.

Thanks for the update it’s good to hear what ever the news is.

Any chance of giving a certain Jetstream 41 some festive love? 😀 Would be a nice little Christmas present for us, even if it doesn't turn up until January. A change from all the heavy metal.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

On Friday, I we are going to be distributing what we expect will be a final test build of this new version of the airplane  and shipping it out to the testing teams.  Provided I manage not to cross-thread the last few nuts and bolts, I expect we will turn it over to you during the period between Christmas and New Year.

Just wanted you to know- and now I have to go buy some padded body armor because...

Can't you please also inform us of what to expect? You mentioned new features etc... What can we expect? When will you add rainmaker to the 744 and 777?

Thanks for keeping us updated.

And Merry Christmas to you and to the team.

Best regards,

Alex

3 hours ago, windshearDK said:

Can't you please also inform us of what to expect? You mentioned new features etc... What can we expect? When will you add rainmaker to the 744 and 777?

The original announcement mentioned surprises. Letting us know what’s included would spoil that.🎅

Edited by kevinh

7 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

I broke company policy last month and said something along the lines of "oh, yeah- see  ya all on monday with this new update!"

<insert animation of the PMDG team stoning me for breaking company policy>

Well, Randazzo... The last post of mine you were crossed at me... you had your reasons and I had mine. Let's forget that over the season and break some policy of my own... The one I myself created stating that "Don't reply or comment on any thread regarding PMDG". Swallowing my pride. That's bad!! 😉

From you Randazzo, I want a Christmas present: Please don't put your word on something you might not comply. Remember Murphy. He might be dead. You might not see him... But he's always there waiting to see you (and me!) "Crash and Burn".

This can't be just you changing. In return, I won't give you any more of that hardcore stuff. 

Putting aside the war ax, and smoking the peace pipe (some powerful "sh*t" that is) 😉 , I wish to extend to you, your team at PMDG, along with my fellow captains, and families a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Regarding the update... we are all very anxious (go figure!), but I'm sure we all expect the best.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kevinh said:

The original announcement mentioned surprises. Letting us know what’s included would spoil tha

Or it could be a gimmic...

7 hours ago, Steven Silva said:

thank you and UPDATE the PMDG 777

jajaja, like... 747 is good, but dont forget the T7...!!    

+1     I love 747s, but T7 is a time proof machine!  So yes, waiting for that update and the T7X!!  🍻

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Raphael_Chacon said:

jajaja, like... 747 is good, but dont forget the T7...!!    

+1     I love 747s, but T7 is a time proof machine!  So yes, waiting for that update and the T7X!!  🍻

The 777X would be another addon which could take a few years as there are no aircraft currently flying commercial. And it is a different beast to the current b777 we have.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, windshearDK said:

The 777 is visibly outdated... Really she needs some love!

Yeah, I'm also waiting for the new features but she is definitely not outdated. Far from it.

It's still the only addon aircraft I have had and still have since the original release for FSX.

• Like 2