klamal

Turn off GSX boarding sounds?

Hello.  Is there a way to turn off the horrible FA/PAX boarding sounds only in GSX?  If I have to "I'm right next to her.  Thank you." and "Good evening, ma'am, How are you?  I'm doing good." one more time...  I can't believe a product that is focused on this aspect of a flight can have such horrible/repetitive sounds.  That and add in their terrible icing logic...well, that's a different story.  Anyway.  Is there either better sounds that can replace the default ones or a way to turn the default off without losing the ground crew too?

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, klamal said:

"Good evening, ma'am, How are you?  I'm doing good."

Me too! I detest that one. Talk about abuse of the English language. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, klamal said:

Hello.  Is there a way to turn off the horrible FA/PAX boarding sounds only in GSX?  ...  I can't believe a product that is focused on this aspect of a flight can have such horrible/repetitive sounds. 

I totally agree.

To deactivate the boarding sounds just rename or move to another folder all files

Airplane_Boarding.wav

Airplane_Boarding_Hello...wav

Airplane_DeBoarding_Hello...wav

from your folder:

...\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\sounds\

Be aware that you have to do this again after each update of GSX because the sounds will be back again.

Edited by RALF9636

2 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Be aware that you have to do this again after each update of GSX because the sounds will be back again

If you place a blank file called DONTUPDATE (that name exactly without any extension) into each folder you don't want touched, the FSDT Live Update will leave all files in that folder alone.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

If you place a blank file called DONTUPDATE (that name exactly without any extension) into each folder you don't want touched, the FSDT Live Update will leave all files in that folder alone.

Good to know, thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, klamal said:

Thank you so much!  Definitely wasn't using the right search terms in Google because I have never seen this before.  Downloading now and will give them a try.  Anything is going to be better than the default!

And how were they?

14 hours ago, Gandalf said:

And how were they?

They seem better to me.  I think.  But, remember, this will be subjective.  We each have our own idea of what sounds good.  I've only done one flight with them so far.  They do seem to get rid of some of the bad repetitive phrases I mentioned in my original post.  But again, with only one flight done, I can only say that I didn't hear them for this one flight.

And the female crew asks."and how are you today?" and a voice replies in an accent taken from somewhere deep in the woods from the film Deliverance "heeeey am goood!" 😄