ShezA

Maddog sounds

Recommended Posts

The one weakness of the Leonardo Maddog. Any suggestions for a good sound set for this model?

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes TSS sound addon for it.

Now some don't like it because it has to higher sound levels for the engines from within the VC, but Leonardo did what they called a "merge" with this you get imo the perfect combo. A quiet VC but the real sounds of the engines on wing views and out side the aircraft. On a climb, they scream, sounds wonderful. It adds a lot to what has always been the only weakness to this wonderful aircraft.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Yes TSS sound addon for it.

Now some don't like it because it has to higher sound levels for the engines from within the VC, but Leonardo did what they called a "merge" with this you get imo the perfect combo. A quiet VC but the real sounds of the engines on wing views and out side the aircraft. On a climb, they scream, sounds wonderful. It adds a lot to what has always been the only weakness to this wonderful aircraft.

Thanks. What is the merge?

Share this post


Link to post

To make the sound from within the VC sound right to Leonardo taste and to tweak how some of the other sound levels. It's basically a config tweak.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ShezA said:

The one weakness of the Leonardo Maddog. Any suggestions for a good sound set for this model?

I agree, I didn't particularly care for the stock engine sounds either.

The TSS JT8D sound set is probably a good one, you'll have to pay for it of course, but I don't think it's very expensive.

If you're interested there is a nice freeware JT8D sound set available at Simviation, I prefer it over the stock Maddog sounds, real nice classic JT8D whine when the engines start to spool up. It's modeled after earlier versions of the JT8D that were used on the DC-9 and 737-200, but it's still better than the stock sounds IMO.

Just put "Boeing 737-200 Pratt and Whitney JT8D Sound Pack" in the search box, click search, and the file will pop right up. It's by Adam Murphy, Sky High Audio Simulations.

BTW Shez, love your KLGB scenery...😎

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

I agree, I didn't particularly care for the stock engine sounds either.

The TSS JT8D sound set is probably a good one, you'll have to pay for it of course, but I don't think it's very expensive.

If you're interested there is a nice freeware JT8D sound set available at Simviation, I prefer it over the stock Maddog sounds, real nice classic JT8D whine when the engines start to spool up. It's modeled after earlier versions of the JT8D that were used on the DC-9 and 737-200, but it's still better than the stock sounds IMO.

Just put "Boeing 737-200 Pratt and Whitney JT8D Sound Pack" in the search box, click search, and the file will pop right up. It's by Adam Murphy, Sky High Audio Simulations.

BTW Shez, love your KLGB scenery...😎

Thanks mate!

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, edpatino said:

This is very good. It´s payware and available at SimMarket, from Turbine Sounds Studios (TSS).

https://secure.simmarket.com/turbine-sound-studios-md-8x-jt8d-pilot-edition-soundpack-fsx-p3d.phtml

At the MaddogX forums there´s information on how to merge this package with the original one from LSH:

Cheers, Ed

 

Ed..... 🙂 You did not read any  replies did you  🙂 hehe

Share this post


Link to post

Not really, something happened I had only the OP loaded up. I suspect something related to my internet connection. But anyway, we try to help.

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Ed..... 🙂 You did not read any  replies did you  🙂 hehe

If I may ask, why is it necessary to "merge" the TSS sounds with the originals....??

I'm just curious. I'm using a freeware package, which I'm happy with, and all I did was backup the original sound folder and insert the freeware sound folder into the Maddog. Works fine as far as I can tell..

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, SunDevil56 said:

why is it necessary to "merge" the TSS sounds with the originals....?

Read David's post over your first one and/or his earlier post (keyword: VC).

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

If I may ask, why is it necessary to "merge" the TSS sounds with the originals....??

I'm just curious. I'm using a freeware package, which I'm happy with, and all I did was backup the original sound folder and insert the freeware sound folder into the Maddog. Works fine as far as I can tell..

EDIT Rafal answered it. 🙂 

Edited by Nyxx

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Read David's post over your first one and/or his earlier post (keyword: VC).

He wrote: "To make the sound from within the VC sound right to Leonardo taste and to tweak how some of the other sound levels..."

Not sure what "to taste" means, but it doesn't really matter, the sounds I installed work fine in the VC for me.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

He wrote: "To make the sound from within the VC sound right to Leonardo taste and to tweak how some of the other sound levels..."

Not sure what "to taste" means, but it doesn't really matter, the sounds I installed work fine in the VC for me.

The sounds were not to there liking "to loud" as pilots were saying the VC is a very quiet place IRL. So it was not to "their taste" (liking/preference) The "merge" is imo the best of both worlds. 

Edited by Nyxx

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Read David's post over your first one and/or his earlier post (keyword: VC).

Lol reading seems difficult in this topic

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

The sounds were not to there liking "to loud" as pilots were saying the VC is a very quiet place IRL. So it was not to "their taste" (liking/preference) The "merge" is imo the best of both worlds. 

Thanks for the explanation, and i'm glad you are liking the merge...😎

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, awf said:

Lol reading seems difficult in this topic

I did read his post, it was the "to Leonardo taste" part that I was unclear about, I just wasn't sure what exactly that meant, so please forgive me Andre...😏

Share this post


Link to post

So I bought the sounds and they are very good. BTW I think they have two cockpit versions now. One quiet as in normal and one louder. Having sat up front pax cabin in both the MD80 and DC9 I think the normal CFG is good for the MD and the louder for the DC.

It is a completely different sound experience (decibel-wise) when one sits at the back of these two aircraft.😣

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now