kmanning

Is There a Fly the Maddog Forum Here?

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Is there a forum here for the Fly the Maddog X? I had a bad experience from the original forum and prefer not to use them. Paid nearly $100.00 for the Maddog X and can't get no support.

Ken.

Edited by kmanning

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

We hosted their official support forum for a few months and then they suddenly set up a forum on their site.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

We hosted their official support forum for a few months and then they suddenly set up a forum on their site.

We just needed a venue that allowed us to do things that we couldn't do with the AVSIM software... one being that we are now able to verify that someone is using legally purchased software when they are seeking support.

Support questions are not handled on our Facebook page, instead we direct everyone who has questions over to the offical MaddogX forums.

 

Best wishes!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, kmanning said:

Hi all,

Is there a forum here for the Fly the Maddog X? I had a bad experience from the original forum and prefer not to use them. Paid nearly $100.00 for the Maddog X and can't get no support.

Ken.

I have had excellent support from them. The best place to get the support is from them. Coming here isn't as reliable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Jim Young said:

We hosted their official support forum for a few months and then they suddenly set up a forum on their site.

I want to know why my reply is not here. I've replied to a post and now all of a sudden it's gone as though there's something against my post, unless there was an error in posting and never did post.

Ken.

Edited by kmanning

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, kmanning said:

I want to know why my reply is not here. I've replied to a post and now all of a sudden it's gone as though there's something against my post, unless there was an error in posting and never did post. 

Ken.

None of your posts have been removed.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

None of your posts have been removed.

Hi Jim,

Thanks. I was for sure that I made a reply but maybe I never posted it. It's no big deal but thanks for confirming that.

Ken.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

We just needed a venue that allowed us to do things that we couldn't do with the AVSIM software... one being that we are now able to verify that someone is using legally purchased software when they are seeking support.

Support questions are not handled on our Facebook page, instead we direct everyone who has questions over to the offical MaddogX forums.

 

Best wishes!

When I posted the facebook page that was not the totally the case. Primary is the forums and facebook was no guarantee. Today, no official support. Only user 2 user. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dgraham1284 said:

When I posted the facebook page that was not the totally the case. Primary is the forums and facebook was no guarantee. Today, no official support. Only user 2 user. 

Yeah, it took us some time to make sure that everyone on the team understood not to provide support on our FB page, and from time to time one of us screws up and provides support there.  Anyway, just wanted everyone to know where to get support from, it's not always easy to figure that out when a developer has numerous sites.  

Best wishes!

 

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:33 AM, Irishcurse said:

I have had excellent support from them. The best place to get the support is from them. Coming here isn't as reliable.

It's not about the support they provide. It was about the way I was treated when I got irritated with them about the registration process, and on top of that, having issues with the Maddog that I should not be having in the first place. The problem occurred right after their update.

Ken.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, kmanning said:

It's not about the support they provide. It was about the way I was treated when I got irritated with them about the registration process, and on top of that, having issues with the Maddog that I should not be having in the first place. The problem occurred right after their update.

Ken.

Did the irriration you were experiencing carry over in your conversation with them?

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Did the irriration you were experiencing carry over in your conversation with them?

So, what are you driving at? Are you supporting the idea that this is the treatment one gets if one expresses his frustration with them.

Ken.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, kmanning said:

So, what are you driving at? Are you supporting the idea that this is the treatment one gets if one expresses his frustration with them.

Ken.

Hello Ken,

Sincerely, I wasn't driving at anything, just asking a sincere question my friend.  Of course there is no way you could have known that unless I had explained more, which I am happy to do for you now.

I believe my background is relevant to our discussion because what we're really talking about here is interaction and communication.  But if you don't believe so, please feel free to skip the next paragraph.

Relevant Background:  I've been performing FSX/P3D and Product Tech Support almost daily for about 14 years, providing me with quite a lot of experience with customer relations in our community. I also have a few years direct experience with customer relations outside our community, gained while serving as vice president and marketing director for two international financial services companies where in addition to the formal training I received and the years of experience I have in that field, I was also asked to teach customer service and communications to our employees.  Additionally, I am a graduate of what is reputed to be most demanding instructor and curriculum development school in the world (US Naval Submarine Force Instructor Training), and that is NOT my assessment, it came from a board of administrators and professors from several leading universities. The instructor training school provided graduates with something like 24 upper level college credits here in the United States, which is why the board assessed the course. This school had a mandatory 80% attrition rate for each class. In fact, not only were 80% of each class was not only dropped, they were never permitted to reapply to the school - it was a one shot deal. The thinking behind this was those who serve in the US Submarine Force represent the top 1% of all personnel in the US Navy, and since submarine duty is extremely dangerous they wanted the best people possible to serve as instructors. Arguably I should not have made the cut! (LOL), but I hope my education and experience are good enough for our conversation.

So why did I ask you the question?  I am in the process of writing another Flight Simulation Guide, "Understanding Flight Simulation Software Development" which also touches on Customer Relations in our community (which I've been a part of for over 36 years). Oddly enough, the Guide is not for flight sim developers, but rather for their customers.  Over the years I've seen reason upon reason to write such a guide, and I honestly (if not earnestly) believe that flight sim development is an immense grey area for customers, and things would be much better for both sides if customer had a better understanding of flight sim development and customer support.

My being in the process of writing this Guide is likely the most important reason why I asked you the question at hand, and I am sincerely interested in your answer my friend.

Thanks in advance!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello Ken,

Sincerely, I wasn't driving at anything, just asking a sincere question my friend.  Of course there is no way you could have known that unless I had explained more, which I am happy to do for you now.

I believe my background is relevant to our discussion because what we're really talking about here is interaction and communication.  But if you don't believe so, please feel free to skip the next paragraph.

Relevant Background:  I've been performing FSX/P3D and Product Tech Support almost daily for about 14 years, providing me with quite a lot of experience with customer relations in our community. I also have a few years direct experience with customer relations outside our community, gained while serving as vice president and marketing director for two international financial services companies where in addition to the formal training I received and the years of experience I have in that field, I was also asked to teach customer service and communications to our employees.  Additionally, I am a graduate of what is reputed to be most demanding instructor and curriculum development school in the world (US Naval Submarine Force Instructor Training), and that is NOT my assessment, it came from a board of administrators and professors from several leading universities. The instructor training school provided graduates with something like 24 upper level college credits here in the United States, which is why the board assessed the course. This school had a mandatory 80% attrition rate for each class. In fact, not only were 80% of each class was not only dropped, they were never permitted to reapply to the school - it was a one shot deal. The thinking behind this was those who serve in the US Submarine Force represent the top 1% of all personnel in the US Navy, and since submarine duty is extremely dangerous they wanted the best people possible to serve as instructors. Arguably I should not have made the cut! (LOL), but I hope my education and experience are good enough for our conversation.

So why did I ask you the question?  I am in the process of writing another Flight Simulation Guide, "Understanding Flight Simulation Software Development" which also touches on Customer Relations in our community (which I've been a part of for over 36 years). Oddly enough, the Guide is not for flight sim developers, but rather for their customers.  Over the years I've seen reason upon reason to write such a guide, and I honestly (if not earnestly) believe that flight sim development is an immense grey area for customers, and things would be much better for both sides if customer had a better understanding of flight sim development and customer support.

My being in the process of writing this Guide is likely the most important reason why I asked you the question at hand, and I am sincerely interested in your answer my friend.

Thanks in advance!

 

 

Hi Dave,

First of all, let me thank you so much for your outstanding work and your concern about the issues I was facing. Since reading your post, you seem to be really concerned about what has occurred. So, please except my apologies and do forgive me for not trusting that you had any concerns about this. Also, let me say that I did felt bad about this a few days later, but it was a combination of many factors.

I won't go into that because I know you cannot give me support here. So, I'll be sending you a private message because I have a question about getting registered in the forum. I also have some information I like to provide that you may want to use in your Guide, "Understanding Flight Simulation Software Development."  Once again, thanks for your concerns and explaining things. I look forward to you providing me tech support.

Ken.

Edited by kmanning
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now