Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

awful textures after upgrading to V4.4

18 hours ago, vgbaron said:

All these shader utilities modify the default files - all it takes is one missed backup/restore glitch and the shaders are not functioning normally. One of the first things I do after an update is to make a copy of the HLSL Shaders folder. Easy to get back to normal that way.

I agree - those images are either some shader mod gone wrong or some gamma setting in the driver.

Obviously if it was an issue with the default 4.4 we'd all have the problem.

Vic

Hello,

I understand that but how do you explain that it worked perfectly with 4.3 and  now not with 4.4 yet I followed the install procedure to the letter using the client package and did not change anything elsewhere?

I see that there 2 other packages Scenery and content. What do they do in the sim? Should I try to use them?

THX

I'd do the full install - you could chase this problem for quite a while. Bite the bullet and update all 3.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Sometimes it's faster and better to do it the hard way. Frankly with the changes that LM has made re addons, I can do a complete reinstall in an hour or less depending on whether I delete all addons or install over them.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, yankeegolf3 said:

Hello,

I understand that but how do you explain that it worked perfectly with 4.3 and  now not with 4.4 yet I followed the install procedure to the letter using the client package and did not change anything elsewhere?

I see that there 2 other packages Scenery and content. What do they do in the sim? Should I try to use them?

THX

It could be that you have the 4.3 shaders with a 4.4 install.  Although, I must say that I haven't heard of anyone having this problem by just updating the client.

It also could be simply that one or more of the shader files got corrupted.  With so many files, there's always a chance that a zero or one could get out of place...  :)

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

If you are running Orbx Global or LC, you have to open FTX Central so it activates anytime you update the P3D client.  The screenshot looks like default scenery bleeding through.  Granted this only applies if you are running Orbx.

Alan

My team has been beta testing photoreal scenery over the past month and several of us updated from 4.3 to 4.4 and noticed the same thing right off.  Whites appear washed out/more saturated.  😕

Edited by Clutch Cargo

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hello 

Breaking news 😉

Out of curiosity, before biting the bullet as suggested above, I rolled back to v4.3. I had nothing to lose after all and you know what , the textures were no longer whitish, they were perfect.

So my conclusion is that the problem is indeed  V4.4 related. If I had been the only one to report it, I would have thought that I had made a mistake somewhere down the line but it is not the case. The matter of the fact is that there is an issue with this latest version.