Recommended Posts

Hey guys im experiencing some BSOD as well only recently installed P3d V4.4 moved over from FSX SE but getting this from Mini Dump Any help would be hugely appreciated!:

 

                      Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000096, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff800249ca919, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffffae8dd01a7010, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000096 - {EXCEPTION}  Privileged instruction.

FAULTING_IP: 
nt!KiSystemServiceExit+1ce
fffff800`249ca919 0f30            wrmsr

CONTEXT:  ffffae8dd01a7010 -- (.cxr 0xffffae8dd01a7010)
rax=0000000000000001 rbx=0000000000000001 rcx=0000000000000049
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff800249ca919 rsp=ffffae8dd01a7a00 rbp=ffffae8dd01a7a80
 r8=0000000000000000  r9=0000000000000001 r10=0000000000000000
r11=ffff9d0bade4d700 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0         nv up di pl zr na po nc
cs=0010  ss=0018  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00010046
nt!KiSystemServiceExit+0x1ce:
fffff800`249ca919 0f30            wrmsr
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x3B

PROCESS_NAME:  Prepar3D.exe

CURRENT_IRQL:  0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from 00007ff8e397b024 to fffff800249ca919

STACK_TEXT:  
ffffae8d`d01a7a00 00007ff8`e397b024 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceExit+0x1ce
000000e0`ab1bfce8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x7ff8`e397b024


FOLLOWUP_IP: 
nt!KiSystemServiceExit+1ce
fffff800`249ca919 0f30            wrmsr

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  0

SYMBOL_NAME:  nt!KiSystemServiceExit+1ce

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME:  ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  5c2b0c3d

STACK_COMMAND:  .cxr 0xffffae8dd01a7010 ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x3B_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+1ce

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x3B_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+1ce

Followup: MachineOwner

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Check out the AVSIM CTD Guide and look for update drivers.  Also, look for fixing corrupted windows drivers. Think you have an out of date sata controller. Things like this are not kept up to date unless you are a computer genius and actively look for updates to your motherboard and other components.  The AVSIM Guide provides links and guidance how to do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Jim, absolutely looks like a bad motherboard driver of some type to me.

Instead of the minidump, I'd like to see an AppCrashView report.

Also, can you provide your system specs and say if there is any overclocking being applied?

 

Best wishes!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I agree with Jim, absolutely looks like a bad motherboard driver of some type to me.

Instead of the minidump, I'd like to see an AppCrashView report.

Also, can you provide your system specs and say if there is any overclocking being applied?

 

Best wishes!

 

Hey Dave, 

 

Ive updated everything on the PC with Driver booster and still getting BSOD, ive downloaded app crash view however its not showing P3D or any app crash around the time when the BSOD occurred.

 

System Specs:

 

i7-8700K OC @5GHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080TI

ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming MB

Samsung Evo 960 512GB SSD

2TB Hybrid drive

Corsair H100i V2

Corsair HX850i PSU

Corsair Vengence LPX 16GB 3000MHz RAM 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely, a BSOD flags up the error message in white/yellow over a blue background. That's the error message we'd like to know to ascertain the cause of a BSOD. If you Google a search for BSOD errors, one of them is what's causing your BSOD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blue screen crashes are as likely to be a hardware problem as a software one.  Unstable overclocks, bad/loose cables, and failing components are all possibilities.  I'd start with a good long run of MemTest86+ to rule out a bad memory module, as they seem to be a common point of failure.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any overclock or heat related issues?  If not, then I would try completely reinstalling Windows and then flight sim software.  I know it's a pain, but a problem like this can go on forever and just reinstalling Windows and flight sim software (as much as a PITA that is) may well be a time savings compared to troubleshooting this.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, w6kd said:

Blue screen crashes are as likely to be a hardware problem as a software one.  Unstable overclocks, bad/loose cables, and failing components are all possibilities.  I'd start with a good long run of MemTest86+ to rule out a bad memory module, as they seem to be a common point of failure.

 

 

Thank you im going to give it a try and see what it comes back with, its strange because if it is a OC issue my PC has been stable on it for months since i built it, however i only ever get the BSOD when flying in P3D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JAJ_TV said:

Thank you im going to give it a try and see what it comes back with, its strange because if it is a OC issue my PC has been stable on it for months since i built it, however i only ever get the BSOD when flying in P3D

No matter how stable an O/C, running for months. That is a no cast-iron guarantee. All you need is a degree or two of ambient temperature to rise, or something like that, besides other factors, and an O/C can and does topple over. Reason you only see it in P3D is because it stresses a CPU more than say using an MSO app, e.g Word, Excel, etc

Edited by vc10man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not think a bad OC will cause a BSOD.  Bad OC's usually result in an NTDLL.dll error or StackHash.  Think bad memory stick but then the BSOD Code indicates Windows was being updated and there are now driver issues.  OP updated all drivers but did not check for corrupted windows drivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good point, Jim. Although, I have had an O/c topple over because of the temp rise, but I think you have assessed the issue here well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Good point, Jim. Although, I have had an O/c topple over because of the temp rise, but I think you have assessed the issue here well.

Yeah i run other CPU intensive games like FSX SE and they run fine they just get OOM which is why i moved to P3D which is when the BSOD started coming but my thought process is that FSX only ever let there be 3.5GB VRAM because of 32bit but now P3D can use all of it maybe it is causing an issue with my RAM that i havent seen before.

 

18 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I do not think a bad OC will cause a BSOD.  Bad OC's usually result in an NTDLL.dll error or StackHash.  Think bad memory stick but then the BSOD Code indicates Windows was being updated and there are now driver issues.  OP updated all drivers but did not check for corrupted windows drivers.

Right i have done the MemTest86 over night came back with 3 errors i will try post a two pics i took of the test results. Maybe you guys can make better sense of it than me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, w6kd said:

Blue screen crashes are as likely to be a hardware problem as a software one.  Unstable overclocks, bad/loose cables, and failing components are all possibilities.  I'd start with a good long run of MemTest86+ to rule out a bad memory module, as they seem to be a common point of failure.

 

 

 

26 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I do not think a bad OC will cause a BSOD.  Bad OC's usually result in an NTDLL.dll error or StackHash.  Think bad memory stick but then the BSOD Code indicates Windows was being updated and there are now driver issues.  OP updated all drivers but did not check for corrupted windows drivers.

Hey guys here are the results of my MemTest86 https://imgur.com/gallery/HRZOP3r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good, JAJ_TV.  Wish others could post images like you have done to help out solving issues like these.

Next question. How many sticks of RAM have you got? 1, 2, 3, or 4 or 6?

Now that we know its a RAM(i.e.Memory) issue, what I'd do is try one stick at a time in the RAM slots and boot-up each time till you get that BSOD. If you do soon after you have tested a RAM stick, then that is your problem, that particular stick.

Yes, FSX-SE only ever sees below the 4Gb threshold as it's a 32-bit sim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Very good, JAJ_TV.  Wish others could post images like you have done to help out solving issues like these.

Next question. How many sticks of RAM have you got? 1, 2, 3, or 4 or 6?

Now that we know its a RAM(i.e.Memory) issue, what I'd do is try one stick at a time in the RAM slots and boot-up each time till you get that BSOD. If you do soon after you have tested a RAM stick, then that is your problem, that particular stick.

Yes, FSX-SE only ever sees below the 4Gb threshold as it's a 32-bit sim.

No worries at all anything i can to make the life easier for those helping me aha!

 

I have got 2 sticks 8GB each - the only time i get BSOD is flying in P3D so should i try it with each stick in and wait for one to go wrong?

 

Once again thanks for the help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also have just done a SFC scan and it fixed all these corrupted drivers -

 

2019-02-07 10:07:11, Info                  CSI    000053df [SR] Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction  have been successfully repaired
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    Trusted Installer is shutting down because: SHUTDOWN_REASON_AUTOSTOP
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    TiWorker signaled for shutdown, going to exit.
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: ExecutionEngineFinalize
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    Execution Engine Finalize
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    Execution Engine Finalize
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    Ending the TiWorker main loop.
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    Starting TiWorker finalization.
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: ManifestCacheFinalize
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: ExecutionEngineFinalize
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CBS Engine already deativated
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CBS Engine already deativated
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: ComponentAnalyzerFinalize
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: PackageTrackerFinalize
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: CoreResourcesUnload
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: SessionManagerFinalize
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: CapabilityManagerFinalize
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: PublicObjectMonitorFinalize
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: Enter vCoreInitializeLock
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: WcpUnload
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: DrupUnload
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: CfgMgr32Unload
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: DpxUnload
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: SrUnload
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: CbsEsdUnload
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: CbsTraceInfoUninitialize
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: CbsEventUnregister
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: AppContainerUnload
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    CbsCoreFinalize: WdsUnload, logging from cbscore will end.
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    Ending TiWorker finalization.
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    Ending the TrustedInstaller main loop.
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    Starting TrustedInstaller finalization.
2019-02-07 10:09:12, Info                  CBS    Ending TrustedInstaller finalization.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, try one stick at a time to see which throws up that BSOD error. You'll soon have the problem solved. If neither stick throws up that BSOD, then I'd suspect your motherboard memory controller. Depending on which make of motherboard it is, you may need to get the BIOS updated/flashed, etc. Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JAJ_TV said:

Once again thanks for the help!

No sweat. Welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Yes, try one stick at a time to see which throws up that BSOD error. You'll soon have the problem solved. If neither stick throws up that BSOD, then I'd suspect your motherboard memory controller. Depending on which make of motherboard it is, you may need to get the BIOS updated/flashed, etc. Hope this helps.

So tested both sticks neither one throwing up BSOD ill chuck both in again and see if i can get it to BSOD if not i guess its MB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vc10man said:

Yes, try one stick at a time to see which throws up that BSOD error. You'll soon have the problem solved. If neither stick throws up that BSOD, then I'd suspect your motherboard memory controller. Depending on which make of motherboard it is, you may need to get the BIOS updated/flashed, etc. Hope this helps.

 

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I do not think a bad OC will cause a BSOD.  Bad OC's usually result in an NTDLL.dll error or StackHash.  Think bad memory stick but then the BSOD Code indicates Windows was being updated and there are now driver issues.  OP updated all drivers but did not check for corrupted windows drivers.

Right ive tired both sticks by themselves but were fine put them both in and BSOD again - im stuck for what to do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What did I just say above? If both sticks are okay, then its most probably the motherboard memory controller, in which case first try a BIOS update, or replace the motherboard. Are the afore-mentioned help suggestions  so difficult to follow or understand? It's not rocket science😀

 

 

 

Edited by vc10man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, vc10man said:

What did I just say above? If both sticks are okay, then its most probably the motherboard memory controller, in which case first try a BIOS update, or replace the motherboard. Are the afore-mentioned help suggestions  so difficult to follow or understand? It's not rocket science😀

 

 

 

Yeah im just having one of those days right just updated the MB lets give it another try and see what happens ill update with any results i encounter  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great. That's the +ve way to resolve issues, or seek help. Well Done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Great. That's the +ve way to resolve issues, or seek help. Well Done.

Right initial results looking good still in the sim etc going to now try to a short 1 journey if it doesn't BSOD during the trip i would believe the issue is fixed, once again thanks for all your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JAJ_TV said:

Right initial results looking good still in the sim etc going to now try to a short 1 journey if it doesn't BSOD during the trip i would believe the issue is fixed, once again thanks for all your help!

Good to know, because I have known RAM issues causing MemTest86 failures  due to simple things like dirt, etc in the memory slots. Hopefully, re-seating the modules has resolved any BSOD issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now