Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South Released for Prepar3D v4

On 12/24/2019 at 5:46 PM, Reader said:

The EGLC product has a control panel and if it set correctly, it works with the region that is installed

I tried both settings, the correct one and the one which shouldn't be correct. No difference here.  The arrows, whilst annoying, aren't the biggest problem -- it's the altitude differences of the different areas of the airport, the runway being lower than the taxiways especially.

In the New Year, when I again have time, I will try as Rob suggested: uninstall both and reinstall in the order TE-GBS then EGLC.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

17 hours ago, Reader said:

You do not need to, just verify files for each one.

I'm afraid that did nothing to fix the altitude problem I have at Orbx EGLC after installing TE-GBS.

Pete

5 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I'm afraid that did nothing to fix the altitude problem I have at Orbx EGLC after installing TE-GBS.

Pete

I just purchased EGLC and installed it (also using TE GB South) and I have no elevation issues. I just ran the AES Vector tool after installation. You don't have Vector though, correct, Pete? That's odd. Would you happen to have another airport addon located close buy that may be messing with the elevation?

Edited by Arklight1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

19 minutes ago, Arklight1 said:

I just ran the AES Vector tool after installation. You don't have Vector though, correct, Pete? That's odd. Would you happen to have another airport addon located close buy that may be messing with the elevation?

No vector, and Heathrow and Gatwick are okay (Aerosoft and UK2000 respectively). 

But I had EGLC installed before I got TE-GBS. So, in about 10 days (when I'm back from a NY break) I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the other way around.

Knowing it is possible to get it right is useful. I've just got to locate the culprit! 😉

Pete

21 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

No vector, and Heathrow and Gatwick are okay (Aerosoft and UK2000 respectively). 

But I had EGLC installed before I got TE-GBS. So, in about 10 days (when I'm back from a NY break) I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the other way around.

Knowing it is possible to get it right is useful. I've just got to locate the culprit! 😉

Pete

Ohhh...I bet that's the issue. You should be able to uninstall and just reinstall it. Should work fine after that.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Followup ... green roads also ... had similar issues with Oregon for XP11 except the grays were purple.  Now in P3D the grays are green on PR.  Tried all 4 seasons, same green issue ... not sure if this is an artifact of compression, back image source, or something else?

Cheers, Rob.

I have the same, I think it's the colourisation balancing they did over the base imagery to make it greener, but it looks like it was just generally applied to everything with the result fields look greener but so does water, mud and tarmac/concrete!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

Don't they look at this stuff and say 'Mmm, that's a bit dark, very green and foreboding. Let's tone it down some before we release it. People will only complain'.

I changed the settings on mine to get it reasonable but when I went to SoCal it looks like they've had a snow storm!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Ron Attwood

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

So based upon reading some of the comments which Orbx Europe products should i buy?  I have never flown in Europe.   I have Open LC Europe installed.  System is I7-7700k 4.6 - GTX 1080.  I want to take advantage of the sale as i am new to European flying - but don't want to waste money either.  What regions and airports from Orbx would you recommend.  Thanks in advance for the help.

8 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Photoshop "replace" color should work well for this type of activity ... or even do a color range selection and then do the replace color on the selection ... should be able to control exactly what one wants/needs.  Anyway, I'm sure the Orbx content creators are well aware of Photoshop techniques.

Cheers, Rob.

Then everything green in that replace color or color range will change. And there's a lot of green. I've seen other scenery that had a horrible green color cast on the concrete, and it has to be due to the image used. It would be a matter of hand masking the roads and concrete in areas affected and applying a color balance filter. Certainly not impossible, but tedious. But it looks awful. Netherlands didn't seem to have that issue, as I said before.

Edited by Coneman

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

9 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Photoshop "replace" color should work well for this type of activity ... or even do a color range selection and then do the replace color on the selection ... should be able to control exactly what one wants/needs.  Anyway, I'm sure the Orbx content creators are well aware of Photoshop techniques.

Cheers, Rob.

Im not sure that it was Orbx that actually did the work, maybe they bought the imagery already colour corrected?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

It's rather annoying that ORBx could not find anything better than 20 metre elevation mesh for Scotland, and yet JustFlight have 5 metre mesh included in their own product. I just hope that my PlayHorizon 5 metre mesh works with TrueEarth GB North, because 20 metre mesh for Scotland (with its complex collection of mountains/islands/coastlines etc) is not a great solution.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Perhaps I over estimated the tools Orbx have for source image correction and/or high quality sources are just prohibitively expensive (perhaps the later).

Cheers, Rob.

Definitely expensive here compared to being free in the US! The colour balancing is actually pretty good across tiles, it's just too green...

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

14 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

It's rather annoying that ORBx could not find anything better than 20 metre elevation mesh for Scotland, and yet JustFlight have 5 metre mesh included in their own product. I just hope that my PlayHorizon 5 metre mesh works with TrueEarth GB North, because 20 metre mesh for Scotland (with its complex collection of mountains/islands/coastlines etc) is not a great solution.

The mesh works fine, airport compatibility may be slightly affected though...

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

4 hours ago, rhelle1 said:

So based upon reading some of the comments which Orbx Europe products should i buy?  I have never flown in Europe.   I have Open LC Europe installed.  System is I7-7700k 4.6 - GTX 1080.  I want to take advantage of the sale as i am new to European flying - but don't want to waste money either.  What regions and airports from Orbx would you recommend.  Thanks in advance for the help.

I highly recommend TE Netherlands. It's as close to MSFS2020 as you can get right now. It the best scenery add-on I've ever purchased for FSX/P3D.

TE GB is also excellent. The green roads do not bother me at all. I also recommend all the FTX England airports & some UK2000 airports.

Here's some pics I posted of Wales:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/185128-for-jack/

BTW, verifying files does not always resolve the airport elevations. With EGTR I had to enable some .bgls that were disabled by OC.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Hi Chris,

Do you have TEGB South? If so can you please check the surrounding area of EGSG. I'm seeing a few black patches. So far I've only seen this in the the vicinity of Stapleford airport.

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.