Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

ORBX True Earth The Netherlands P3Dv4x Update Issue

Be careful with updating from 1.0 to 1.10 thru FTX Central 3.x because you can't roll back and there are performance issues with PMDG products and FlyTampa EHAM when using True Earth The Netherlands.

I have had a little fight over it on the ORBX forum and they are suggesting to lower the settings and untick the newly added lighthouses and greenhouses but for me that was not solving the problem and I have the feeling that we are seeing the same issues as in TE-GB-S. After mentioning this, I stepped on the tale of a rattlesnake so I have had it with the unfriendly ORBX people and there beautiful eye candy but still half backed products

Rolling back to 1.0 was not possible so I restored my latest imagefile and guess what.... All problems fixed and a smooth running TE-NL again.

Needless to say that a lot is NOT fixed in the 1.10 version. Oh Yeah, they removed old images of bridges from the old sat pictures they where using for this product but forgot to replace it with real bridges in the scenery again so all the main motorways North/South in the Utrecht (mid-NL) area that are crossing the main rivers and waterways have a lack of bridges right now and a lot of other important POI's for VFR flying but hey, what am I complaining...they added a lot of greenhouses and lighthouses and makes VFR navigation a lot easier.   

• Like 2

The FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol/ORBx TrueEarth Netherlands combo was always a bit of a struggle on my PC when on the ground, but I have not noticed any additional performance issues since updating to version 1.10 of the ORBx product.Performance after take off is more than acceptable for my requirements....and that is with every box ticked in the Control Panel.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

TrueEarth Netherlands is extremely heavy on my System. Not really surprising, no? I fixed my FPS to 24 for TE Netherlands too and I am a happy camper now. Of course, more than 20FPS on FT EHAM is not possible, but for such a combo, 20FPS is acceptable.

What is less acceptable is the fact that ORBX shows no interest in support for the many issues people have regarding loading times of TE products, installation problems and so on. They simply rely on the guess that v4.5 will fix those problems as there seems to be a bug inside P3D.

To me, a company selling products reveals its real capacity of support as soon as something goes terribly wrong with one of their product. And this happened now to ORBX with the TE Sceneries. And no, it is not what one could expect from such a company, the support is lousy and not on par with other development groups or flight sim addon companies...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

What are your loading times when you start a session at FT EHAM / TE NL?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

No extra performance issue here with update 1.1 : Prosim + FT Amsterdam + PTA + ASP4 + ASCA

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

40 minutes ago, Nemo said:

What are your loading times when you start a session at FT EHAM / TE NL?

It is about 3m45 after the update to v1.10. Before updating, loading times were not longer than anywhere else, about 1m45. Means: the update doubled loading times in my case, but they are still far from what others reported in the ORBX forums and here on avsim.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

UPDATE: Mister Cooper from ORBX have banned me for 30 days due to my behaviour. Well, Mr. Cooper, you can go with your halve baked products where the sun never shines and for me it was the last time I invest in your half backed products so please remove my name from your very poor Support/Forums on ORBX.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Manually download the NEW version (includes the update) and you will have both versions. UNINSTALL the old version and reinstall the new. If you need to reverse, uninstall the hew version and reinstall the old. I NEVER update via FTXCentral, allways download the complete new version.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Edited by JJJackson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

TrueEarth Netherlands is extremely heavy on my System. Not really surprising, no? I fixed my FPS to 24 for TE Netherlands too and I am a happy camper now. Of course, more than 20FPS on FT EHAM is not possible, but for such a combo, 20FPS is acceptable.

What is less acceptable is the fact that ORBX shows no interest in support for the many issues people have regarding loading times of TE products, installation problems and so on. They simply rely on the guess that v4.5 will fix those problems as there seems to be a bug inside P3D.

To me, a company selling products reveals its real capacity of support as soon as something goes terribly wrong with one of their product. And this happened now to ORBX with the TE Sceneries. And no, it is not what one could expect from such a company, the support is lousy and not on par with other development groups or flight sim addon companies...

Big Support Boss Mr. Cooper give me a penalty for 30 days due to my behaviour. I was also answering another question about TE NL update but then on the AFS2 support page and twice a bite against there policy on 1 day was a little to big for them so now they are playing Pitbull. Well, I've done with them.

Edited by simba_nl

26 minutes ago, JJJackson said:

Manually download the NEW version (includes the update) and you will have both versions. UNINSTALL the old version and reinstall the new. If you need to reverse, uninstall the hew version and reinstall the old. I NEVER update via FTXCentral, allways download the complete new version.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Thanks for your input.  It's funny by the way that Uber Support Boss Mr. Cooper wrote that a roll back to version 1.0 is NOT possible and say's everything about there professionalism in support issues. I already fixed it with a Image restore but it is nice to have also a hardcopy from the updated version.