Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

AI Slider doesn't work. FSUIPC?

Recommended Posts

Right so I'm using AIG for my AI (amazing just by the way!), but for some reason my AI slider in P3D doesn't seem to be working. 

If its set to 1% I have the same amount of AI as if it's set to 100%. 

I have a feeling this has seomthing to do with the FSUIPC AI traffic settings however, I don't think I'v messed with them and i don't want to try. 


thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

If its set to 1% I have the same amount of AI as if it's set to 100%

ron

first-up guesses / questions but before that check you have fsuipc set to 0 (in its UI) which is off. if you set it to a low figure than that will limit spawning in total (air & ground) to that amount & hence increasing the slider has little affect.

are you seeing all the airlines you expect .... maybe you are only seeing some & there's a glitch in other's bgl / textures, thus why you see little change with the slider adjust or they might be airborne.

& without knowing how many & which airlines / airport / time of day, the next question could be ..... ?

 

 

 

Edited by vadriver

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, vadriver said:

ron

first-up guesses / questions but before that check you have fsuipc set to 0 (in its UI) which is off. if you set it to a low figure than that will limit spawning in total (air & ground) to that amount & hence increasing the slider has little affect.

are you seeing all the airlines you expect .... maybe you are only seeing some & there's a glitch in other's bgl / textures, thus why you see little change with the slider adjust or they might be airborne.

& without knowing how many & which airlines / airport / time of day, the next question could be ..... ?

 

 

 

What do you mean set 0 in the UI in the UI for P3D or in the .ini for FSUIPC? All my airlines appear to working, all of the time. 

Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post

All of the flightplans in AIG are set to 1% so you won't see any changes with the slider. It is discussed in this very current and active thread. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Right so I'm using AIG for my AI (amazing just by the way!), but for some reason my AI slider in P3D doesn't seem to be working. 

If its set to 1% I have the same amount of AI as if it's set to 100%. 

I have a feeling this has seomthing to do with the FSUIPC AI traffic settings however, I don't think I'v messed with them and i don't want to try. 
 


All AIG packages have AI set to 1% in the timetables.
You should use the program AIFP to randomise the AI % to get control of how much AI appears.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/549285-thank-you-for-ai-manager-aig-i-have-ai-lots-of-it/?page=5

Edited by F737NG

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

What do you mean set 0 in the UI in the UI for P3D or in the .ini for FSUIPC?

my best answer ..... the appendix:the traffic limiter facility in fsuipc5 user guidem on what to set (or simply at the miscellaneous page of FSUIPC options and settings in the sim's addon fsuipc menu)

i prefer the limiter to "randomising" whichever way you use the later .... randomising is a bit hit & miss for me (not necessarily adjusting planes at my regular airports, hiding core liveries, & essentially saying a flight on the timetable is cancelled X% of the time.

but then again, one can rarely achieve palatable performance without some culling method.

Edited by vadriver

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, vadriver said:

my best answer ..... the appendix:the traffic limiter facility in fsuipc5 user guidem on what to set (or simply at the miscellaneous page of FSUIPC options and settings in the sim's addon fsuipc menu)

i prefer the limiter to "randomising" whichever way you use the later .... randomising is a bit hit & miss for me (not necessarily adjusting planes at my regular airports, hiding core liveries, & essentially saying a flight on the timetable is cancelled X% of the time.

but then again, one can rarely achieve palatable performance without some culling method.

Ironically enough... the developer of FSUIPC, Pete Dowson just happens to be posting in the very thread mentioned, discussing how he has been adjusting his AIG traffic levels using AIFP.

Edited by MDFlier

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Ironically enough... the developer of FSUIPC, Pete Dowson just happens to be posting in the very thread mentioned, discussing how he has been adjusting his AIG traffic levels using AIFP.

Yes it is interesting, though it appears he's not keen on doing it file by file.

If he succeeds with the bulk "randomise", i'll be asking if he's still using the FSUIPC Limiter as well to invoke its fps control when the "randomise" has not reduced spawning at a chosen airport and / or he never sees a SIA aircraft at Heathrow.

For mine, using the FSUIPC Limiter with all AIG activity levels @ 1% is in effect a "in sim variable randomise" which avoids such & takes 10 secs to tweak in the first instance &/or inflight.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this