pilot10112

Flightbeam KPHX textures?

Hi all!

I have recently flown into KPHX to check out embry riddle for spring break but that is besides the point. Anyway I have now fallen in love with skyharbor airport (KPHX), and I love all flightbeam products I have (PDX, SFO) but I am aware that KPHX in the past had some texture issues. Just wondering if it is worth it and if those bugs have been fixed. 

Thanks!

Simon S.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have their PHX, I wasn't aware of any texture issues honestly? I think its a great airport to fly into and out of. It is a lil older compared to their newer stuff, still excellent quality however. Would highly recommend. 

Posted (edited)

I highly recommend it. I love the airport they made, to me it still looks as good as a new airports these days. I also haven’t had any issues either. 

Edited by pvupilot

No issues here.

ditto no issues here.

The only issues I've encountered are elevation issues which can actually be fixed by setting a lower Mesh complexity setting.

I am a little bothered by the blending of the overall airport in the surroundings (I am using ORBX Global + LC).

No issues here have all of FB US airports.

Great airport and as always great scenery addon from Flightbeam. Get it. Only small issues if you have orbx vector installed but there’s easy fixes for that. Only texture I know of was the old US Airways on the hanger but there’s a texture update for it found here http://www.fs2000.org/2016/06/30/fsx-sky-harbor-new-american-hangar-replacement-textures/ 

also if you have any issues you can just browse their forums under KPHX and you’ll most likely see your issue there with a fix. If not Sammy or even myself can help you out. 

I'll add my "no issues here" report...

Posted (edited)

Ok sweet! I am actually at KPHX now waiting for my flight home on my way to spot a AAL 757!! But I am definitely getting this airport I love it in real life, I’m sure I’ll love it in the sim. Also just saw one of AA’s new a321 neo aircraft!! Beautiful as I imagined 

Edited by pilot10112
Left something out