Sign in to follow this  
Lokoko

Enabling TrackIR

Hello Everyone,

I can’t get TrackIR working in Prepar3d v.4. I am wondering if there is a place in Prepar3d to enable TrackIR. 

Thank you

57 minutes ago, Lokoko said:

a place in Prepar3d to enable TrackIR

nope ....... start TIR, assign your profile to the sim (prepar3d) title in the (installed ?) TIR software, tick which sensor (hatclip or pro) ...... (& untick pause as necessary) 

Edited by vadriver
xtra

for now, cheers

john martin

I find that Run As Administrator helps.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

You don't mention what version of the TrackIR software you installed. 5.4 is the latest.

Run "game updates" if it's showing on the top right of the main screen. I can't remember if P3D support comes native or as an update.

Run as Admin.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

39 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

You don't mention what version of the TrackIR software you installed. 5.4 is the latest.

Run "game updates" if it's showing on the top right of the main screen. I can't remember if P3D support comes native or as an update.

Run as Admin.

The only downloadable version is 4.5.
Trackir works perfectly with any version of P3D like fs9 and FSX.
It’s easy, please read the downloadable manual. https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/help/

Edited by guibru

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

If that doesn't help try to reinstall simConnect. It is located in your prepared main folder.

Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

If that doesn't work, search for the same SimConnect.msi files in the Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\ESPv1 and Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1 folders. Shouldn't hurt to run them.

After that the right light on the camera should indicate the connection with p3d via SimConnect.

Good luck

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Success!!!! What finally worked was to run TrackIR as admin and then to run Prepar3D as admin. Many thanks to all of you for your suggestions and comments. 

Lokoko