Tim-HH

Just Flight Easter Sale - Pick & Mix

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great deals in this sale - just picked up the Vulcan, Lancaster and Duchess for £40! All developed by the JF in-house team so they should be very good quality. Working out the function of the Vulcan’s systems alone should keep me busy for a while!

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Vulcan was too tempting to pass up, so I got the Vulcan, Lancaster and Duchess too! (I already have most of the single engine props).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are some good deals. I almost pulled the trigger, but the Socata wasn't there for P3d, and that's what I'm most interested in at the moment.  But between getting the L1011 and the Vulcan, that would have been a steal! Great sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, rightseat said:

Those are some good deals. I almost pulled the trigger, but the Socata wasn't there for P3d, and that's what I'm most interested in at the moment.  But between getting the L1011 and the Vulcan, that would have been a steal! Great sale. 

fspilotshop.com has the P3D Tobago & Trinidad on sale for $29.29.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, scianoir said:

just picked up the Vulcan, Lancaster and Duchess for £40! All developed by the JF in-house team so they should be very good quality

I need to correct myself here as the Lancaster was developed by Aeroplane Heaven and not by the in-house team. Nevertheless after a fairly brief test flight, it seems to be very nicely modelled with good flight dynamics and great Merlin sounds. The Duchess appears to be a superb addon aircraft in every aspect and the Vulcan likewise and, although I have only had one brief test flight in this cold war bomber, it does seem to fly very nicely with the same somewhat lumbering flight characteristics that this aircraft always seemed to exhibit when I have seen it flying at airshows in the past. As for the sound of the Vulcan, those Olympus turbojets are beautifully replicated and I would almost go so far as saying it was worth buying for that iconic sound alone!

Some very good potential deals here particularly for general aviation fans who can pick up the Cessna 152, Piper Turbo Arrow III/IV, Archer or Warrior and Duchess for just under £13 (EUR16 / $19) each if they want all 4 or for slightly more if they only want 2 or 3 of these. All have been developed by the in-house team and I can vouch for the quality of the Cessna 152 and Arrow which I already own - I didn't buy the PA-28 Archer as I already have the A2A PA-28 but I am sure that this also would not disappoint.

This really has to be the best sale of this season!

Bill

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad it does not include BAC1-11

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scianoir said:

Some very good potential deals here particularly for general aviation fans who can pick up the Cessna 152, Piper Turbo Arrow III/IV,

Have been considering the 152, but I already have Carenado's so I'm not sure what I would gain by adding a second to my hanger.  Guess I still have a few more days to decide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aharon said:

Too bad it does not include BAC1-11

 

Although nicely modelled visually, the 1-11 was initially quite a buggy aircraft on release to the point where it was relegated to my ‘virtual boneyard’ soon after I purchased it, but a couple of upgrades eventually appeared which improved it considerably and it is now back in my ‘active hangar’. It would however be very nice to see it receive the Pro treatment as recently applied to their VC-10 and this could turn it into a really great addon.

Bill

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not seeing the Duchess for Xplane.  Guess it’s too new?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, airernie said:

Have been considering the 152, but I already have Carenado's so I'm not sure what I would gain by adding a second to my hanger.  Guess I still have a few more days to decide.

I also had the Carenado version but bought the JF 152 in a sale some time ago as it seemed to be getting some excellent reviews. It certainly is beautifully modelled visually both externally and internally with some nice animations in the cockpit. Its system depth (in so far as systems on a 152 allow!) has been very well replicated indeed and a number of failures have also been built in if you like that sort of thing. Overall I would say that this 152 is a definite improvement on the Carenado version, which I think was basically a port-over of their 152 from FS9. In my opinion it is worth the full price and so it becomes a good bargain at the sale price.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scianoir said:

In my opinion it is worth the full price and so it becomes a good bargain at the sale price.

Thanks.  Hopefully I can turn failures off.  I have about 100 hours in a 150/152 and never had a failure. Can't see having one every few hours in a simulation.

Edited by airernie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, airernie said:

Thanks.  Hopefully I can turn failures off.  I have about 100 hours in a 150/152 and never had a failure. Can't see having one every few hours in a simulation.

Yes, I have similar real world time in them and likewise never experienced a failure thankfully!! The failures are actually fairly basic such as spark plug fouling if you leave the engine idling for too long, engine failure if you run out of oil, flat battery if the electrics are left on for too long without the engine running, etc. The good news is they are deactivated by default but you can chose to enable failures if you wish.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, scianoir said:

es, I have similar real world time in them and likewise never experienced a failure thankfully!! The failures are actually fairly basic such as spark plug fouling if you leave the engine idling for too long, engine failure if you run out of oil, flat battery if the electrics are left on for too long without the engine running, etc. The good news is they are deactivated by default but you can chose to enable failures if you wish.

Just picked it up. 

Flies really nice.  A couple minor annoyances, but nothing that makes it not worth owning.

Edited by airernie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, airernie said:

A couple minor annoyances, but nothing that makes it not worth owning.

Just Flight support are helpful and invariably polite and friendly if you need to make any suggestions or raise any issues with them.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now