Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

Hmmm.... I loved to use this free addon. And I express my respect for the work done. However, I believe the tool has been engineered to death, somehow. It got unnessesarly  complicated and I hesitate to do any upgrade since months.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

7 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

In AIGAIM - OCI (P3Dv4/5 only) tab there is Reset SimObjects button. What does it do exactly? It resets but where, how and what for? When shall I use it?

Thanks.

it will set all internally all OCI SimObjects as outdated. This will cause a complere reinstall off all models/FDEs on the next Verify-Setup run. Installed Fltsims/Textures are not effected by this.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

14 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

it will set all internally all OCI SimObjects as outdated. This will cause a complete reinstall off all models/FDEs on the next Verify-Setup run. Installed Fltsims/Textures are not effected by this.

So, will this method change a FP from BGL to AIGFP? I have been wanting to update mine, because I started using AIG AITC about half way through downloading FP's so a lot are BGL's that may change to AIGFP. 

Edited by djbully

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

5 minutes ago, djbully said:

So, will this method change a FP from BGL to AIGFP? I have been wanting to update mine, because I started using AIG AITC about half way through downloading FP's so a lot are BGL's that may change to AIGFP. 

no it will just "repair" all OCI SimObjects.

currently there is no way to "bulk" convert all BGL to AIGFP. But you can do this with a little work yourself:

1) Remove all AIG BGLs from <OCI>\Traffic Files\Scenery that are Summer 2020 an newer

2) Remove all ESAI BGLs

3) Start AIM

4) Install all not installed airlines

!!!DO NOT RUN VERIFY BEFORE INSTALLING ALL AIRLINES AGAIN!!! This will remove all unused OCI fltsims 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

But you can do this with a little work yourself:

1) Remove all AIG BGLs from <OCI>\Traffic Files\Scenery that are Summer 2020 an newer

What to do with those bgl-based before Summer 2020?

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

3 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

What to do with those before bgl-based before Summer 2020?

Thanks.

no bennefit in converting to AIGFP, because they do not use any AIGFP exlusive features

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

no it will just "repair" all OCI SimObjects.

currently there is no way to "bulk" convert all BGL to AIGFP. But you can do this with a little work yourself:

2) Remove all ESAI BGLs

3) Start AIM

4) Install all not installed airlines

!!!DO NOT RUN VERIFY BEFORE INSTALLING ALL AIRLINES AGAIN!!! This will remove all unused OCI fltsims 😉

Thank you KaiiI3, will give that a shot.  😎

Edited by djbully

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

4 hours ago, kaha said:

Hmmm.... I loved to use this free addon. And I express my respect for the work done. However, I believe the tool has been engineered to death, somehow. It got unnessesarly  complicated and I hesitate to do any upgrade since months.

Karl

Where did it become necessarily complicated? It behaves more or less the same as it does since version 0.9.x. Load it, check if there are any new flight plans/airlines or updated flight plans, OCI Install, ... ready.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I found a problem with AIGFP files. I run P3D v5 at 30fps with the option in FSUIPC to delete Ai should the frame rate drop below 30.

But this only works with Ai generated by BGLs. With AIGFP aircraft they are deleted but then immediately regenerated again.

So for now I keep to BGLs for all the major airlines and use AIGFP for the small ones and Corporate jets. That combo works very well.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I found a problem with AIGFP files. I run P3D v5 at 30fps with the option in FSUIPC to delete Ai should the frame rate drop below 30.

But this only works with Ai generated by BGLs. With AIGFP aircraft they are deleted but then immediately regenerated again.

So for now I keep to BGLs for all the major airlines and use AIGFP for the small ones and Corporate jets. That combo works very well.

Oha....that's important information. As I use this great function too to maintain 45 FPS for vr usage. 

I was already tinkering to switch to the new AIGFP way. But this I will postpone now a bit. 

Thanks for sharing Ray. 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

22 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Indeed, that fight between spawning and deleting can cause stutters and performance issues, I'm therefore using bgl-based traffic because of it.

@Kaiii3

Is there a possibility to use AIGFP in a good combination with reducing traffic based on FPS via FSUIPC? 

Because that functionality is great and does help us users a lot controlling and maintaining stable FPS

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

14 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Indeed, that fight between spawning and deleting can cause stutters and performance issues, I'm therefore using bgl-based traffic because of it.

Yes, I noticed this. I ended up turning off FSUIPC limiter, and found that FPS was the same or better than with it on. As far as I could tell  anyway.

6 minutes ago, djbully said:

Yes, I noticed this. I ended up turning off FSUIPC limiter, and found that FPS was the same or better than with it on. As far as I could tell  anyway.

Could be a good Idea if only traffic slider % in Traffic Controller worked properly. Some hubs like LHA might need adjustment of traffic % and not only due to possible performance consideration. 

Edited by Dirk98

30 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

It’s causing stutters because CPU1 is probably hitting 100% and Ai generated by AIGFP cannot currently be deleted. Hopefully Kaiii will come up with a solution.

But AIGFP files are great for the smaller airlines and especially corporate jets. It’s so nice to see Gulfstreams and the rest at airports like LFMN.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather