Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

10 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Good question!

@Kaiii3 can this be indicated in the "updates" list? They are really updates after all, even if on the same schedules as the existing file.

Pete

actual not possbile. AIM can not see based on the online filename if an aigfp file is included or not. But all updates we have released for exisiting airlines, got a new version and are therefor marked as updates in AIM.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

2 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

actual not possbile. AIM can not see based on the online filename if an aigfp file is included or not. But all updates we have released for exisiting airlines, got a new version and are therefor marked as updates in AIM.

Unfortunately this makes it really tough to know what to move to AIGFP.  Combined with the fact that when you look at what's available most of the AIGFP plans are not being correctly shown as AIGFP.  Most of the Airlines I updated showed BGL as type until AFTER they were upgraded and only then did they show AIGFP.  

So right now the only thing you can do is uninstall the airline, keep the fltsim then re-install it and it's 50/50 if it will be AIGFP after the process.  Unfortunately that doesn't scale.  Is there perhaps an alphabetical list we can at least cross reference?  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Perhaps dumb questions, but what's the difference between BGL and AIGFP flight plans? Which should I use and when? Are there any advantages or disadvantages to prefer one over the other?

Is there a description somewhere?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

Perhaps dumb questions, but what's the difference between BGL and AIGFP flight plans? Which should I use and when? Are there any advantages or disadvantages to prefer one over the other?

Is there a description somewhere?

BGL based traffic only flies A->B on a great circle map. AIGFP allows using waypoints duing the flight, that actual allows A->A operations like sighseeing or testflights. BGL also has alimit of max 100flights per aircarft. For example this causes already problem with some airlines, AIGFP has no limitations.

AI helicopters are not working with BGL traffic at all.

49 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

BGL based traffic only flies A->B on a great circle map. AIGFP allows using waypoints duing the flight, that actual allows A->A operations like sighseeing or testflights. BGL also has alimit of max 100flights per aircarft. For example this causes already problem with some airlines, AIGFP has no limitations.

AI helicopters are not working with BGL traffic at all.

Thank you. Now I see a bit clearer. Does this also mean that all BGL flight plans will be gradually replaced by AIGFP versions? If yes, will this happen automatically (by AIGAIM) or does it require more user actions?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

13 hours ago, Nemo said:

Thank you. Now I see a bit clearer. Does this also mean that all BGL flight plans will be gradually replaced by AIGFP versions? If yes, will this happen automatically (by AIGAIM) or does it require more user actions?

yes, all new released flightplans are shiped with an AIGFP sourcefile. AIM will install these as updates if AIGFP in enabled by the users. So it is basically just wait a bit of time and at some point you will only have AIGFP files on your system 😉 There is currently no option to convert all OCI BGLs to AIGFP, so you have to live for now with a hybrid-setup.

@Kaiii3, this sounds like the death knell for BGLs. That would be a pity for some of us since we would no longer be able to view live traffic using programs such as Ai Companion. I fear that koala - the AiCompanion author - would not be able to write a similar program to analyse AIGFP files. How it would cope with Ai injected into flight sim is unknown.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Ray Proudfoot I fail to see how the two are related.

There's the repository of Ai models and the "engine" that drives them.

The latter can be either a rigid bgl or a program that injects them through simconnect - like UTlive or the AIG controller. If you wish, you can have a hybrid of traffic driven partially through bgl encoded plans and the rest injected. 

Now, I'm not familiar with the "live" programs but they have to operate on a similar principle.

@ha5mvo, do you use Ai_Companion? That has a feature to analyse BGLs as well as display in table form all Ai in P3D. I have very few AIGFP files and have no way of analysing their content to be able to see if they appear in P3D at the departure airport.

Ai_Companion cannot “see” Ai injected via other programs such as UTL.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Kaiii3 I'm wondering how the new AIG flight plans will affect apps such as voxatc which injects and controls it's own AI, based currently on bgl flight plans available?

I don't want to have traffic injected solely by AIG because then it wouldn't be controlled by voxatc.

I currently use AIG in tandem with vox which works amazingly well, but the loss of bgl flightplans might mean that I need to switch to a different AI solution (definitely not my preferred option), or would it be possible for 3rd party apps to still get flightplan data from AIG?

Thanks K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

this sounds like the death knell for BGLs. That would be a pity for some of us since we would no longer be able to view live traffic using programs such as Ai Companion. I fear that koala - the AiCompanion author - would not be able to write a similar program to analyse AIGFP files. How it would cope with Ai injected into flight sim is unknown.

What aspect of injected traffic is missing in your applications reading them?  My ATC program sees them, FSUIPC sees them. ProsimIOS sees them. And when I last checked, so does EFB.

AIcompanion does, I believe, allow you to see more data than Simconnect can supply, and i assume it does that by reading the BGLs. So I assume the same limitation apply to it for UT2, UTLive, VoxATC and other AI injection programs?

What about SuperTrafficBoard?

I must admit I do prefer to see traffic following proper routes. That was what I really liked about UTlive. Traffic on airways! 😉

Pete

P.S. saw you later post -- replied separately.

Edited by Pete Dowson
  • Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Ai_Companion cannot “see” Ai injected via other programs such as UTL.

Saw this post later.

That's not good then. You'll need to stick to BGLs only if you want to use that. You won't be using AI Traffic Controller either, then. Note that is able to give you information on selected flights.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

16 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Saw this post later.

That's not good then. You'll need to stick to BGLs only if you want to use that. You won't be using AI Traffic Controller either, then. Note that is able to give you information on selected flights.

Pete

This is my concern re VoxATC too.  But, if Vox were able to read the new AIG flightplans, it could potentially generate and control traffic itself on the correct routes, since it already is Airac aware. @tegoid

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png