Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Qualitywings 757 released for P3Dv4

Like the looks inside and out. Added numerous liveries from the QW site. Flew the flight plan perfectly until I disengaged the AP to land it by hand and it took a nose dive that I couldn't recover from. Weird. 

Edited by Lenny777
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

3 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

They added FMC funtionality in the VC thankfully! I watched a stream of it. They did not make the transponder clickable in the VC so to go to ta/ra and standby on the switch you have to pop up the 2d panel.

According to the product description :

Detailed 3D Virtual Cockpit with parallel functionality as 2D environment. If it works in the 2D, it works in the 3D

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I wish QW continued there long abandoned 737-300 (classic) project.

I feel jealous that X-plane has a 737-300 but not P3D :P. For once x-plane has something I want lol!

Edited by ols500

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

1 hour ago, Lenny777 said:

Like the looks inside and out. Added numerous liveries from the QW site. Flew the flight plan perfectly until I disengaged the AP to land it by hand and it took a nose dive that I couldn't recover from. Weird. 

What i've encountered is rather strange also, after I disengage the AP to land manually there's about a 10 second delay before I have any elevator control.... Odd, because I flew the QW 757 a lot in FSX, and I don't recall any such issue. There's a number of minor bugs being reported at QW 757 forum, so I suspect a service pack will come out in the not too distant future to address these.

• Upvote 1

I've seen this as well in the 32-bit version, it happens around 50% of the time. I wouldn't be too optimistic that this will get fixed, since I was hoping the 1.4 release would resolve it. 🙂

I think the autopilot isn't being disconnected properly, what I've been working on lately is turning off the Flight Director to force it disabled, then re-enabling. I'm not sure if that's a consistent fix, if it is I'll create an FSUIPC macro or LUA script to assign it to the AP disconnect button on my yoke.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

28 minutes ago, Luke said:

I've seen this as well in the 32-bit version, it happens around 50% of the time. I wouldn't be too optimistic that this will get fixed, since I was hoping the 1.4 release would resolve it. 🙂

I think the autopilot isn't being disconnected properly, what I've been working on lately is turning off the Flight Director to force it disabled, then re-enabling. I'm not sure if that's a consistent fix, if it is I'll create an FSUIPC macro or LUA script to assign it to the AP disconnect button on my yoke.

Cheers!

Thanks for the comments on this peculiar anomaly Luke. If you do create an FSUIPC macro or LUA script for this, I would love to have it...😁

For the time being I think i've discovered a simple work around for it, at least it seems to work for me...

When I reach the point where I want to disengage the AP and hand fly it until touchdown, immediately after disengaging the AP I pause the sim for about 10 seconds. Then after "un-pausing" i've got full elevator control.

It's kind of an odd way of getting around this apparent glitch, but so far it seems to work for me.

3 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Thanks for the comments on this peculiar anomaly Luke. If you do create an FSUIPC macro or LUA script for this, I would love to have it...😁

For the time being I think i've discovered a simple work around for it, at least it seems to work for me...

When I reach the point where I want to disengage the AP and hand fly it until touchdown, immediately after disengaging the AP I pause the sim for about 10 seconds. Then after "un-pausing" i've got full elevator control.

It's kind of an odd way of getting around this apparent glitch, but so far it seems to work for me.

This is good: I encountered this trouble yesterday when transitioning to manual flight and lost control also. This morning I disconnected the AP with the master switch (GF MCP Pro) and had no problems. I guess I'll have to play around with it. 

Meanwhile, despite my 'lower standards'...😀 I'm thoroughly enjoying the new life of my favorite aircraft. A tip of that hat to the QW team for updating to 64-bit. 

Cheers,

Greg

• Upvote 1

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

3 hours ago, Chocorua said:

Meanwhile, despite my 'lower standards'...😀 I'm thoroughly enjoying the new life of my favorite aircraft. A tip of that hat to the QW team for updating to 64-bit... 

Like you, i'm enjoying it a lot, it was one of my favorites back when I was still using FSX, which seems like an eternity now....🙂 

Yes, it's showing it's age, but given the price I really can't complain about minor bugs like the AP issue, and I extend a sincere thanks to the QW team for porting this over when they could have just as easily let it die off....👍

It's obvious from most of the posts in this thread that many people are enjoying this "dated" but very enjoyable add on, so I agree, a tip of the hat to QW is in order.

Edited by SunDevil56
  • Like 2

Having started this topic, I thought I'd give my experience so far with the QW757 in P3Dv4.

First of, you have to complement the QW team for sinking development time into this port and offering it for 15$. The sheer amount of variations, liveries, etc make it pretty much a steal. Huge kudos for that!

Now for the actual flying the plane. I admit that I'm a little disappointed. I think my memories of flying this plane have become better with the years... The modeling of the exterior is very nice, and the VC is... well, showing its age 😝 But, it's serviceable for me. I'm more concerned about the instrumentation and autopilot. I did KMEM-KBNA, and had to babysit LNAV and VNAV the entire time. At some point I switched off VNAV and reverted to SPD and V/S as VNAV and FLCH had issues maintaining speed; VNAV at some point had trouble throttling down, and FLCH brought me into overspeed more than once. I distinctly remember this issue from way back in FSX, too. I finally deactivated A/P for landing, and paused the sim for 10 seconds as suggested; when I unpaused I had control and landed manually. Autobrakes and spoiler deployed, reversers were fine as well.

So, I find myself in the same position as all those years ago. the QW757 is a little light for me, has trouble maintaining normal automated flight, but looks nice and performs well in terms of FPS. Also, it's 15$! I can see myself enjoying this plane overall, but would need to resign to more manual control of the plane (which is not a bad thing per se, of course!). And then there is the CS757, which has a ton of idiosyncrasies that made it initially a frustrating plane to fly as well as being incredibly expensive, but once I started getting accustomed to it, the automation generally performed well and did what I needed it to do. It's also rather hard on my computer at times. Though I will say I still have no idea how to import my flightplan - last time I ended up just typing in all the waypoints as DIRECT rather than making use of airways, as it kept deleting segment of the flightplan. I really need to sit down and properly read the manual to understand how CS means for me to deal with that...

So I'll likely stick with the QW757 until CS has another sale and I can get their freighter for 20$ or so. I'll then fly that in less demanding areas, and switch to the QW757 if I attempt to fly into the likes of LAX, for instance. So both of them will likely have a role to play on my setup. Just wish there was a definitive 757 out there, let alone a good 767. Sort of feel like our only good Boeing representation is in their newer generation models, such as the NGX, 777, 747, 787, save for the Milviz 737-200.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

3 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Having started this topic, I thought I'd give my experience so far with the QW757 in P3Dv4.

First of, you have to complement the QW team for sinking development time into this port and offering it for 15$. The sheer amount of variations, liveries, etc make it pretty much a steal. Huge kudos for that!

Now for the actual flying the plane. I admit that I'm a little disappointed. I think my memories of flying this plane have become better with the years... The modeling of the exterior is very nice, and the VC is... well, showing its age 😝 But, it's serviceable for me. I'm more concerned about the instrumentation and autopilot. I did KMEM-KBNA, and had to babysit LNAV and VNAV the entire time. At some point I switched off VNAV and reverted to SPD and V/S as VNAV and FLCH had issues maintaining speed; VNAV at some point had trouble throttling down, and FLCH brought me into overspeed more than once. I distinctly remember this issue from way back in FSX, too. I finally deactivated A/P for landing, and paused the sim for 10 seconds as suggested; when I unpaused I had control and landed manually. Autobrakes and spoiler deployed, reversers were fine as well.

HF just released ! 

You may want to peek at this >>>> http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/hotfix-available-v1-4-1_topic12660.html

• Upvote 2

WAT1460.png

20 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

HF just released ! 

You may want to peek at this >>>> http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/hotfix-available-v1-4-1_topic12660.html

Thanks for posting! Even if i doubt it'll begin to address the issues I've had with LNAV and VNAV. At least it is supposed to fix the control locking issue.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Just out of curiosity. When a company says that it is no longer in development, does that only mean that they won't add any new features or does that mean that they aren't planning on providing major fixes to things, etc? Maybe the latter falls under "no additional support"?

2 minutes ago, Kevin_28 said:

Just out of curiosity. When a company says that it is no longer in development, does that only mean that they won't add any new features or does that mean that they aren't planning on providing major fixes to things, etc? Maybe the latter falls under "no additional support"?

Sadly I'm pretty sure you're right. I don't expect them to look into LNAV and VNAV capabilities - at this point it's pretty much 'it is what it is'.

And to be frank, I don't really expect them to work on it. I'd much rather see them working on the 787-10, followed by whatever their next project may be! As somebody else mentioned, a long time ago they had taken over a 737 Classic project from another development team. I really, really hope that this might be their next project... I've been pining for a good 737 Classic! Especially because they are still so widely used, especially in Eastern Europe.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

1 minute ago, Benjamin J said:

Sadly I'm pretty sure you're right. I don't expect them to look into LNAV and VNAV capabilities - at this point it's pretty much 'it is what it is'.

And to be frank, I don't really expect them to work on it. I'd much rather see them working on the 787-10, followed by whatever their next project may be! As somebody else mentioned, a long time ago they had taken over a 737 Classic project from another development team. I really, really hope that this might be their next project... I've been pining for a good 737 Classic! Especially because they are still so widely used, especially in Eastern Europe.

Yeah I agree with you there. I think it's awesome that they did provide a hotfix for 757 at least when it comes to the control lock and lighting. I hear there are some issues showing up with sounds, etc. It's nice to know that they are still working on getting some fixes out though.

• Like 1

So they mentioned they have a space on the VC for a radar gauge - has anyone got one they would recommend?

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.