Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Qualitywings 757 released for P3Dv4

1 hour ago, Luke said:

So they mentioned they have a space on the VC for a radar gauge - has anyone got one they would recommend?

Cheers!

I second your question.

I used to be able to use the Roland ASN gauge in 4.3 (sadly inop in 4.4, unless there is an update I don't know about), and of course there is the REX Wx Advantage Radar gauge (I do not know on the status of its 4.5 compatibility).

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

EDIT: Already posted, my bad.

Edited by Sethos1988

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 hours ago, vcarlo said:

HF just released ! 

You may want to peek at this >>>> http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/hotfix-available-v1-4-1_topic12660.html

Thanks for the heads up vcarlo...😎

I can confirm that the hotfix has resolved the control lock issue, at least for me it has.

I think it's a credit to the QW team that they've addressed some of these issues in a very short time...

Edited by SunDevil56
  • Upvote 2

On 5/7/2019 at 7:39 AM, ols500 said:

I wish QW continued there long abandoned 737-300 (classic) project.

I feel jealous that X-plane has a 737-300 but not P3D :P. For once x-plane has something I want lol!

They claimed in their forums to planning an RJ Freighter release but then denied they ever said it and moved on.

On 5/7/2019 at 7:15 AM, Twenty6 said:

According to the product description :

Detailed 3D Virtual Cockpit with parallel functionality as 2D environment. If it works in the 2D, it works in the 3D

Marketing speak and actual functionality are different. Maybe Im mistaken but the stream I have looked at they could not adjust the transponder through the VC

2 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Marketing speak and actual functionality are different. Maybe Im mistaken but the stream I have looked at they could not adjust the transponder through the VC

You can certainly adjust the transponder in the VC (otherwise I'm not sure what I did the other day). Keep in mind that many of the knobs don't do anything: you have click on the actual digits to change them. Same with the Com and Nav radios and MCP heading, altitude, etc.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Is anyone else having a terrible frame rate hit when in spot view of the 757? VC and all others are great, but spot is abysmal, dropping into the teens....?

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

1 hour ago, sddjd said:

Is anyone else having a terrible frame rate hit when in spot view of the 757? VC and all others are great, but spot is abysmal, dropping into the teens....?

Not here.

That's odd because VC is typically the big frame hit.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:26 PM, Mace said:

I second your question.

I used to be able to use the Roland ASN gauge in 4.3 (sadly inop in 4.4, unless there is an update I don't know about), and of course there is the REX Wx Advantage Radar gauge (I do not know on the status of its 4.5 compatibility).

The latest 64 bit version of Roland's Radar works for me in 4.4 and 4.5.   

For the radar to take up the entire VC area (in VC section 5):

gauge01=RolasnRadar!ORadGauge,535,650,474,346, sweep|beam|icing|starton

For the version with the console shell:

gauge01=RolasnRadar!ShellRadGauge, 535,650,474,346, sweep|beam|icing|starton

For the Active Sky Xgauge:

gauge01=XGauge!WeatherMap,535,650,474,346

• Like 1

David Norman Paul

I was delighted to see that QW ported this old bird to the P3D'verse.   She looks spectacular in P3D!   For $15 bucks??!!   That's a lot of fun for the money.  So many variants and TWO different cockpits!!    And they added VC radar spot.  What a deal.   

It was their similar strategy with the 146/RJ that caused me to go ahead and go for it with P3D 4.x.   So glad I did.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

David Norman Paul

I have downloaded the latest version from flight 1 which contains the hot fix but tonight when switching off AP the bird just nose dived into the ground on approach ? So where others have said the hotfix worked , it hasn't on my 757 ? Any ideas guys ? P3d v4 release 

Edited by asustech

I know that some people have had font issues where instruments wouldn't display.  Mine is displaying, however the font looks small and hard to read.  Is this what other users see also with Win 10?  image sample

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next