Woozie

P3D v4.5 HF1 - addon compatibility list

I don't own the bird, so I don't have access to their forums but have the QW 787 issues been confirmed and where could one follow any recent updates, what's happening etc. ?

Looking at picking it up but I obviously won't drop the cash if isn't functioning correctly and won't do for days or weeks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

8 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

I don't own the bird, so I don't have access to their forums but have the QW 787 issues been confirmed and where could one follow any recent updates, what's happening etc. ?

Looking at picking it up but I obviously won't drop the cash if isn't functioning correctly and won't do for days or weeks.

Havent seen any official word from the devs yet. On their forum there's one thread related to HF1 with only 3 replies: First reports issues with ext pwr and door panels, second has no issues at all, third says no ext pwr

I'd expect to see more than just a few posts if the 787 would have serious issues with HF1

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Havent seen any official word from the devs yet. On their forum there's one thread related to HF1 with only 3 replies: First reports issues with ext pwr and door panels, second has no issues at all, third says no ext pwr

I'd expect to see more than just a few posts if the 787 would have serious issues with HF1

Yeah, you'd think there would be more reports and they would all be consistent. I appreciate it it though, I'll keep my ears to the ground and might just pick it up eventually.

Reality XP has said that they are releasing an update for their GNS and GTN gauges.. (Later today..?)

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Reality XP has said that they are releasing an update for their GNS and GTN gauges.. (Later today..?)

That's very encouraging, Bert. I haven't seen anything on the RXP forum and no one responded to my query there earlier today. Also noticed Jean-Luc has not been on the forum for several days. So I guess I will go ahead with my P3D update based on your apparent "insider" info. 😉

Appreciate your always dependable support.

Jesse

31 minutes ago, JesC said:

Also noticed Jean-Luc has not been on the forum for several days

Actually it's been over a week. Maybe he's on vacation.

Then you did simply not realize that the cloud model does not work. Acknowledged in the REX forums by the devs and no fix out yet ;-)

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Then you did simply not realize that the cloud model does not work. Acknowledged in the REX forums by the devs and no fix out yet 😉

How would I recognize that cloud models are broken? I can't see any issues but maybe I oversee something.

5 minutes ago, Nemo said:

How would I recognize that cloud models are broken? I can't see any issues but maybe I oversee something.

If you install different cloud types with SF you will end up with p3d standard clouds. Cirrus seems to work fine. If you have EF then inject in manual mode and they won't change.

19 minutes ago, Nemo said:

here's a real world picture of broken clouds, for reference:

broken_clouds_by_kevintheman_dax9bd4-ful

On a more serious note, it will show P3D standard models ignoring SF injections

EDIT: Rasterfahnder beat me to it, apologies

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Go to the Rex forum. Dev says the default clouds are loaded in sf. A fix is on the way.

1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Could somebody quickly throw a list together of what's updated?  Thanks!

Brilliant idea! Anyone volunteering for this task?

Just kidding mate, here it is: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S4h2zzCPTzpCPhpPK7-N0zB3LgwGl8_Ird7OKLO3Ykw/edit?usp=sharing

It got a bit buried in the thread, as none of the mods really bothered to copy it into the opening post. 

6 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Brilliant idea! Anyone volunteering for this task?

Just kidding mate, here it is: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S4h2zzCPTzpCPhpPK7-N0zB3LgwGl8_Ird7OKLO3Ykw/edit?usp=sharing

It got a bit buried in the thread, as none of the mods really bothered to copy it into the opening post. 

Cool.  Thanks!  I take it the dash 8 & CS 757 work.

Edited by Dreamflight767

Just now, Dreamflight767 said:

Cool.  Thanks!  I take it the dash 8 works.

I think so, yeah. It surivived many P3D updates without a new version being required. Most addons only needed a new version check, HF1 didnt break much

On 5/13/2019 at 9:32 PM, SledDriver said:

VertX DA-62 G1000 map display not working correctly, especially at larger zoom settings.

Did you try to re-install XML Tools in the advanced section of the config app?

See page 22 of the user guide. 

Not yet. This is the one lot of us are waiting for before updating 😉.

On 5/16/2019 at 3:06 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Updates have now been released.  :smile:

4 hours ago, David Roch said:

Not yet. This is the one lot of us are waiting for before updating 😉.

ditto... looking forward to the update.  along with rex skyforce