Sign in to follow this  
IMAGRANDPA2

Vertx DA62 immediate problems

Cannot install the thing. Looks like it wants to put it in p3d on my C drive.  That is a problem because p3d is on my D drive and the setup does not allow me to choose the install path. That is a bad start! Very disappointing.

Eric

Hi Eric,

The Vertx DA62 installer is using the new system whereby LM recommend Addons are installed outside the P3D root folder. This has many benefits not least being ease of upgrading the P3D core software.

During the installation take a moment to check the default path chosen by the DA62 installer and you will see that it is directing the installer to your Documents folder on the C drive. This may seem odd but is in fact correct.

I suggest you let the installer proceed to completion without attempting to make any changes.

Regards,

Mike

What if, like on my setup, there's no room on my tiny C drive, which was intended mainly to be used for containing the operating system?

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

You can install it anywhere...at least that's what I did.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

18 hours ago, IMAGRANDPA2 said:

and the setup does not allow me to choose the install path.

7 minutes ago, pracines said:

It does for me...  I know you love quoting things for me Paul

Here's a pic of the Installer....  @IMAGRANDPA2 just click on Change

47120262734_56bd116052_o.pngUntitled-1 by ryan b, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I wish that I could post an image on this (no)Startup issue but I do not know how to do that either. I get to the screen where  the opportunity to enter the Install path should be but as I said the picture of the aircraft is there but the rest of the screen is just white. Somebody suggested that I should just wait for it "to do its thing" . An hour should be enough but nothing changed. Sean or somebody at  Vertx should have a clue so I'm waiting.......

Eric

I wish that I could post an image on this (no)Startup issue but I do not know how to do that either. I get to the screen where  the opportunity to enter the Install path should be but as I said the picture of the aircraft is there but the rest of the screen is just white. Somebody suggested that I should just wait for it "to do its thing" . An hour should be enough but nothing changed. Sean or somebody at  Vertx should have a clue so I'm waiting.......

Eric

1st, you can find out how to move your Documents folder, (I moved my doc folder to a nice big harddrive), the move is offered withing the OS itself, 2nd, borked download or your anti virus won't let it load completly, 3rd, if you emailed Sean, I'm sure he will get back with you

Edited by jimcarrel
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's