Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

DD Chicago ORD Question

I have DD Chicago Airports and think it is great.  Can someone tell me what the ORD configuration is?  Is it future proofed in terms of the layout of the runways?  I asked because I came in on 9L the other night and as I was taxiing to the gate, I crossed 27C which is not a current config.  Last night, taxiing to 9R for T/O, the taxiways didn't match the charts that I have from Navigraph.   This isn't a complaint, just curious as to what they modeled it based on.  Also, I don't believe my MCDU had that middle runway 27/9C listed and my taxiway callouts called "approaching 14R" still.  Thanks

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I haven't bought the scenery yet but I believe, I,ve seen the screenshots, that the scenery is a take on what the airport WILL look like in the future.

The last runway, of the real life O'Hare Modernization Program, being built now is 9C/27C. The scenery contains this future runway. The scenery also contains a Western Terminal which hasn't been built.  The configuration of the taxiways, on the northside, are also different in the scenery than in real life. Which is why they don't match the charts.

The MCDU with its navigation database won't have 9C/27C since its not complete and operational.

If you google O'Hare Modernization Program you can find lots of information about the future look of the airport.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

Thanks!  that makes sense.

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

One more thing that I noticed... When I arrive to KORD, all 3 flights that I did had ALL of the gates occupied.  Is this a DD thing or is it UT Live?  I know ORD is busy but it would be nice to have a few open gates when arriving.  Thanks!

This is from DD forum:

Guys,
KORD layout is the "ORD21" confirmed layout, including the new runway. It is currently being constructed at the real airport. Our diagram shows exactly how airport taxiways are named in our version and where are they located. If you prefer to use the current layout, you can simply not use the new runway. Most changes are done to the NW hangar area and some to the NE cargo area. The center area looks almost exactly as it does now at the real airport.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

16 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

One more thing that I noticed... When I arrive to KORD, all 3 flights that I did had ALL of the gates occupied.  Is this a DD thing or is it UT Live?  I know ORD is busy but it would be nice to have a few open gates when arriving.  Thanks!

UT Live. Dump it and get AIGAIM in your system, bgl traffic only shows up when it has to. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

25 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

UT Live. Dump it and get AIGAIM in your system, bgl traffic only shows up when it has to. 

How does AIGAIM compare to UT Live from an installation of AI?  I always stayed away from manual AI programs because in my opinion were very tedious.  What I liked about UTL is that you basically install it and set it up in the app.  UTL definitely has its flaws in terms of outdated liveries (United tulip / Ted, Delta Song, etc.) but to me it is simple.  Can you explain AIGAIM?

43 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

What is your AI limit set to in UTL?  I keep mine at 100 but it is easy to use the key presses to decrease/increase traffic on the fly with UTL.  I knock mine down a bit on approach to keep my frames up and can always increase it once on the ground.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

7 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

How does AIGAIM compare to UT Live from an installation of AI?  I always stayed away from manual AI programs because in my opinion were very tedious.  What I liked about UTL is that you basically install it and set it up in the app.  UTL definitely has its flaws in terms of outdated liveries (United tulip / Ted, Delta Song, etc.) but to me it is simple.  Can you explain AIGAIM?

AIGAIM isn't manual, it's all automated now and has a really cool installer - no more of the manual work nonsense! The setup will create a directory in which it will store all the paints and plans and you can pick and choose which airline package you want to install. Before you pull the trigger on it, make sure you have enough room on your hard drive/SSD as there are a lot of repaints and models installed with each airline. Ping me via PM if you need more help or any guidance. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |