Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Orbx Australia v2 released

15 hours ago, alepro21 said:

I grabbed the update on release day after having owned v1. My initial flight around Sydney was disappointing. The land class is pretty poor and the city itself got no attention whatsoever. Key POIs are still missing (Anzac bridge for example). Sydney is my home and Australia’s largest city, so the lack of attention is hard to understand.

Melbourne on the other hand looks fantastic and I have since done a few flights to smaller airports which are a big step up from the last version, especially those located near open-pot mines due to the photo scenery added. The land class around the Great Barrier Reef is also looking fantastic and I was really happy to stumble accords some surprises such as the diving platforms and static ships.

Finally, I think the AI package is one of the best and most comprehensive packages around, and makes some of those small regional airports come to live.

All told I’m happy with the purchase, but I expected more from Sydney and some of the other larger cities I checked out.

Expect a cityscape addon or whatever its called for Sydney, Brisbane etc in the future.  I'm pretty sure Melbourne is just a preview to get the rest of us to buy the later cityscapes. As Sydney is the largest city in Aus and unquestionably the prettiest, I can imagine it will sell 10 fold over what Melbourne and the other cities would once its released so a good business decision on the part of orbx, but a little disappointing that it wasn't the first city to be done. Time will tell.

Edited by Garys

1 hour ago, Garys said:

Expect a cityscape addon or whatever its called for Sydney, Brisbane etc in the future.  I'm pretty sure Melbourne is just a preview to get the rest of us to buy the later cityscapes. As Sydney is the largest city in Aus and unquestionably the prettiest, I can imagine it will sell 10 fold over what Melbourne and the other cities would once its released so a good business decision on the part of orbx, but a little disappointing that it wasn't the first city to be done. Time will tell.

If they did Sydney Cityscape, you can imagine what the fps hit would be if using FT YSSY. Unless I am going to hop out of my plane and catch a train to Newcastle, I can do with what I have 🙂

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

23 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

If they did Sydney Cityscape, you can imagine what the fps hit would be if using FT YSSY. Unless I am going to hop out of my plane and catch a train to Newcastle, I can do with what I have 🙂

only if  your  a  fp  watcher

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

58 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

only if  your  a  fp  watcher

So your frame rates drop, and your plane moves 50ft pm, only if you look at the FPS counter ?

C'mon Peter, even you know better. BTW, I never look at the FPS counter.

I run a fairly good system. fluid in most area's I fly in. You drop a Orbx cityscape in Sydney, and I can guarantee it won't be pretty, regardless how grunty your PC is. Be like moving London City, and plonking it at the end of the runway at Heathrow.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

9 hours ago, regis9 said:

Are any orbx airports working with v2 yet?  I read they would take some time to convert, then I got an email from orbx today talking about all of the Australian airports they have along with v2 being released.  I couldn’t find confirmation either way on the product page or orbx forums.

Forum post says:

"The updates to the airports are still currently under testing which is being done in tandem with Orbx Central testing.  Further information will be provided next weekend."

Nice delay tactic. They released an unfinished add on. Gave long time customers 40% discount. If I would have waited for a few months I would have a much more completed add on at 50% off. 😀

Way to go ORBX.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

10 hours ago, regis9 said:

Are any orbx airports working with v2 yet?  I read they would take some time to convert, then I got an email from orbx today talking about all of the Australian airports they have along with v2 being released.  I couldn’t find confirmation either way on the product page or orbx forums.

Not bought here yet but if it is anything like their other regions you only need to disable any files for afcads and objects they have for the airports and it will work. It looks like what they are talking about is better blending with texture colors and mesh something that does not stop you from flying. After installing AusV2 go searching in their scenery folders for files with the airport code. Example if you have Sydney and Melbourne search for all bgl files named YSSY and YMML in their names and change from .bgl to .deactivated or .off and the airports work then

54 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Forum post says:

"The updates to the airports are still currently under testing which is being done in tandem with Orbx Central testing.  Further information will be provided next weekend."

Nice delay tactic. They released an unfinished add on. Gave long time customers 40% discount. If I would have waited for a few months I would have a much more completed add on at 50% off. 😀

Way to go ORBX.

You are upset and angry for no reason and I posted a way to get the airports working with little if any issues by disabling Orbx's own afcad and scenery files in the AusV2 folders. You got an agenda against Orbx why are you here?

7 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

You got an agenda against Orbx why are you here?

You obviously have no idea of who you are addressing. I'm only pointing out facts. I have nothing against ORBX. I'm a huge supporter and I have almost every add-on scenery & airports that they have released since day 1. Now you know.

13 minutes ago, DJJose said:

You obviously have no idea of who you are addressing. I'm only pointing out facts. I have nothing against ORBX. I'm a huge supporter and I have almost every add-on scenery & airports that they have released since day 1. Now you know.

What facts did you point out? You were wrong about their airports not working with the scenery. You are posting negative messages about Orbx without having any facts. Why?

15 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

What facts did you point out? You were wrong about their airports not working with the scenery. You are posting negative messages about Orbx without having any facts. Why?

You must be joking! Have you taken the time to read this entire thread? Have you read the criticisms & disappointments brought by AU v2 users at the FTX forum? Maybe not?

On 6/12/2019 at 5:41 AM, otreblA said:

Can anyone do a screenshot of YRTI and YBLN?

Thank you.

YBLN looks good to me:

oSnQ67h.jpg

Jose

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 12:02 PM, Sethos said:

It's a service you buy off them, then they will host it for everyone.

It's available now. 😀

They were not able to disable the default lighting, but disabling some of the settings in the YBBN Control Panel should yield decent fps.