Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Orbx Australia v2 released

@Switch

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I am sure it looks very nice.

But what about airports? Big airports.

All Orbx AUS  airports are really old. What do they look like now and perform?

Does Flightbeam Sidney perform well with v2.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I am sure it looks very nice.

But what about airports? Big airports.

All Orbx AUS  airports are really old. What do they look like now and perform?

Does Flightbeam Sidney perform well with v2.

David, YMML needs optimized, like most of the ozzie airports. They are not my favorite airports by any means. Cairns would be the best of the bunch, and Alice Springs.

Brisbane...still word not allowed.

FT YSSY is a gem, and performance on my rig is superb.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

30 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

David, YMML needs optimized, like most of the ozzie airports. They are not my favorite airports by any means. Cairns would be the best of the bunch, and Alice Springs.

Brisbane...still word not allowed.

FT YSSY is a gem, and performance on my rig is superb.

Thank you, I think I will say away till more large airports are made for v4.

Brisbane...brings back nightmares and JV saying it will be fine when PC catch up!

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, domkle said:

For the record, John Venema persistently says  the contrary, that they have LC based projects in mind. We'll see.

You know that they have 5 products exactly of that kind for the British Isles with the seasons, right ? Older but still enjoyable. 

Except this VFR type scenery not  LC with seasons, every object and building in the right place and rail tracks roads, but then again they did say at the start this is ORBX most popular product and region. 

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

10 hours ago, DJJose said:

Flew around Melbourne city and performance is excellent. Going to test Sydney with FT YSSY.

I'm hoping that Ants Aussie Airports work with AU 2, especially Hamilton.

What does excellent mean ? Is it better, same or worse than the ageing V1 ?

Thnx.

10 hours ago, pmb said:

Thanks guys, much acknowledged. The default buildings are really showing they come from another age those days. If Bill does them he'll treat them well 🙂

Kind regards, Michael

So does this mean that Alaskan and Scandinavian autogen buildings will look more realistic ? I'll be first in line if we can have region-specific autogen.

32 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

What does excellent mean ? Is it better, same or worse than the ageing V1 ?

Thnx.

Much better, especially in Melbourne. FT Sydney performance is excellent.

YBBM & YMML addon airports have always been the worst performers, but usable.  YBCS & YSCB are excellent!

The city of Sydney did not get any love in AU v2, but ORBX intends to release Sydney and Brisbane Cities in the future.

It looks like most of the airports have been enhanced, so probably no need for me to install Oz. I was not impressed with Hamilton Island, but the latest Ants version looks lovely.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

35 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Except this VFR type scenery not  LC with seasons, every object and building in the right place and rail tracks roads, but then again they did say at the start this is ORBX most popular product and region. 

I am not talking of their newest TrueEarth sceneries but of their older LC products. They have « fat » LC regions for EN, SC, WL, IR and NI with seasonal textures.

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

11 hours ago, pmb said:

Did anyone hear/see anything about products like Buildings HD or the OpenLC product line? I did follow Jarrad's talk but couldn't identify anything. Are these dead?

Kind regards, Michael

I wouldn't hold my breath, Michael. 
Replying on a question about the progress of XP Global, John Venema said a month ago that development of XP Global will continue after the team has finished OLC Africa. As far as I know, the main developer behind the OLC and Global product line is Eugene Krikunov. So, the OLC manpower will be moved soon again to XPL. As of now, at least the OLC line is a stepchild for ORBX and I sincerely hope that this will be not visible in the product quality of OLC Africa. I have to say that the whole OLC saga has turned utterly depressing after they initially have promised a worldwide coverage. Asia with its both planned Asia OLC packages is very much in need for some love. Hopefully, their newly hired XPL development team will free up capacity in fall for the development of the OLC line.

Anyway, I am very happy about AUSv2. The diverse landscape makes it a very enjoyable playground and offers routes for the most common add-on aircraft. I am eager to see the improvements over version 1, which I still heavily enjoyed the last couple of years.

Edited by Wolkenschreck
  • Like 2

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

So do ORBX Melbourne and Brisbane work yet with this new release or do we need to hold off on those? I purchased both in the recent 50% off May sale.

8 minutes ago, Bigt said:

So do ORBX Melbourne and Brisbane work yet with this new release or do we need to hold off on those? I purchased both in the recent 50% off May sale.

They work, but need a tune up

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

They work, but need a tune up

Thank you.

30 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Just tested Brisbane and we need disable default YBBN from AU v2 in order to prevent double objects.

YMML v2 is unusable on my system. I never bought v3 because I bought v1 and performance was awful. Upgraded to v2 to again experience the same. I was not about to make the same mistake again.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

Much better, especially in Melbourne. FT Sydney performance is excellent.

YBBM & YMML addon airports have always been the worst performers, but usable.  YBCS & YSCB are excellent!

The city of Sydney did not get any love in AU v2, but ORBX intends to release Sydney and Brisbane Cities in the future.

It looks like most of the airports have been enhanced, so probably no need for me to install Oz. I was not impressed with Hamilton Island, but the latest Ants version looks lovely.

Sounds great, thnx.

I found Brisbane in V1 to be a killer, so hopefully the new redone (eventually) cityscape may improve the airport, especially if they allow us to tweak the cityscape settings.

I have Melbourne, Cairns and Alice Springs.... so at least if they're improved I think I'll give it a try.

Thnx again !

Edited by Gabe777