BillS511

Orbx Australia v2 released

Posted (edited)

You know where to get it.

Australia Upgrade Discount (40% off) when you add it to your cart.ūüôā

You must uninstall v1 first. FTX Central will not install v2 until you do.

Edited by BillS511

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)

So the question is, do you use the tickbox that you own Australia in Vector or is that only for v1?

Also, here's the trailer they just released as well;

Edited by Sethos1988
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

So the question is, do you use the tickbox that you own Australia in Vector or is that only for v1?

Good question.

I signed onto my Orbx a/c & I have V1, & it showed V2 with  the discount straight away, before going into the cart.

T45

From the Orbx forum announcement:
WeÔĽŅ¬†are currently updating all our AU airports to be compatibleÔĽŅ¬†with Australia v2's higher definition mesh. Please keep an eye out on the release announcement post or our Facebook page for further information on these updates.ÔĽŅ

Posted (edited)

Thanks for HU. I am a bit hesitant with new ORBX titles but Australia V2 is a no-brainer.

Edited by Nemo

Downloading at full speed - can't wait to test drive it!

1 hour ago, Sethos1988 said:

The question is of course answered in the user guide.

The answer is that it is no longer necessary but can be left ticked.

Another interesting point in the presentation was that it will have 5 seasons, unlike the GB and US regions to be released. 

6 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Another interesting point in the presentation was that it will have 5 seasons, unlike the GB and US regions to be released. 

As it's LC-based (with the exception of a few highlights), contrary to the GB and US regions where they would have to provide 4 times the ortho tiles. At least, until they find a more clever way to implement seasons in photo regions.

Kind regards, Michael

Posted (edited)
what about all the OZx sceneries I have hundreds of small farm fields and several large airports
OZx doesn’t exist anymore
I wonder if it’s compatible since it’s designed for Holgermash

I have V1 and I wonder if I can back up just in case performance is dramatically different and I want to go back to V1

mike
Edited by mike stryczek

Flew around Melbourne city and performance is excellent. Going to test Sydney with FT YSSY.

I'm hoping that Ants Aussie Airports work with AU 2, especially Hamilton.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mike stryczek said:
what about all the OZx sceneries I have hundreds of small farm fields and several large airports
OZx doesn’t exist anymore
I wonder if it’s compatible since it’s designed for Holgermash

I have V1 and I wonder if I can back up just in case performance is dramatically different and I want to go back to V1

mike

V1 doesn't go away from your account.

You can install and delete whenever you want. Back up V1 into another drive and if you ever want to go back, you will not need to download the entire v1.

Posted (edited)

Did anyone hear/see anything about products like Buildings HD or the OpenLC product line? I did follow Jarrad's talk but couldn't identify anything. Are these dead?

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

24 minutes ago, pmb said:

Did anyone hear/see anything about products like Buildings HD

From Bill Womack on FsElite:

"Buildings HD has taken up most of my time the past few months. That's wrapping up, and then it's full-steam to KDAL!"

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pmb said:

Did anyone hear/see anything about products like Buildings HD or the OpenLC product line? I did follow Jarrad's talk but couldn't identify anything. Are these dead?

Kind regards, Michael

According to Bill Womack on a news website comments section, he's been spending all of his time on Buildings HD. Apparently it's going to wrap up soon.

No idea on OLC. I imagine it will get more attention now that Aus v2 has released.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, much acknowledged. The default buildings are really showing they come from another age those days. If Bill does them¬†he'll treat¬†them¬†well¬†ūüôā

Kind regards, Michael

Performance seems a lot better, better optimized anyway. I did a quick and dirty video over Melbourne. Not much in the way of autogen popping either. A nice steady 30fps, Not one stutter.

45 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Performance seems a lot better, better optimized anyway. I did a quick and dirty video over Melbourne. Not much in the way of autogen popping either. A nice steady 30fps, Not one stutter.

Thanks for the video. You using ezdok?

10 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Thanks for the video. You using ezdok?

Sure am. With ASP4 integration. Love it.

• Like 2

@ZKOKQ Look's really good, Tho do you have a more complex aircraft to really test? What were you're settings? As we all know many factors can change how it/any scenery performs.

4 minutes ago, Switch said:

@ZKOKQ Look's really good, Tho do you have a more complex aircraft to really test? What were you're settings? As we all know many factors can change how it/any scenery performs.

About to do a flight from YMML in the FSL bus, so will do another video ( with settings ) and post on this thread. Be a few hours till I post it though.

Will be using ASP4, ASCA, Rex SF and EF

• Upvote 1

Anything about Burbank mentioned? 

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Flew around Melbourne city and performance is excellent. Going to test Sydney with FT YSSY.

I'm hoping that Ants Aussie Airports work with AU 2, especially Hamilton.

Me too Jose, plus OZx's airports! I'd be keen to know if North Sydney has had it's CBD added in this version. It's a pretty predominant feature of Sydney's landscape (right across the harbour from the main CBD) and an important VFR reference.  

If you're getting autogen popping in a piper cub...its time to upgrade your rig. 

• Upvote 1