Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Orbx Australia v2 released

“Winning” a thread is just a joke.

All that aside I bought Australia last night and am having fun exploring.  I never owned v1 so this is all new for me.

one thing I noticed is that the kmz file that comes with it doesn’t have nearly the amount of POI’s that normally come with region kmz flies so I feel a bit lost in knowing where my next flight should be.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

“Winning” a thread is just a joke.

I know that, sadly, a lot of folks don't. Funny old world eh? :biggrin:

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

4 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I wasn't looking to 'win' anything. I was simply trying to be amusing. 

3 hours ago, Reader said:

Yes, It is a shame that so many contributors seem to feel the need to "win".

To inform would be a better goal, without the implied "I know more than you do so I win".

You both got no chill, fam.

(Says man approaching middle age trying to be 'down with the kids') [smh].

Anyway, issues with the new v2 and airport scenery incompatibilities are being rectified.

"We have been working for weeks now to update conflicting scenery, add excludes as appropriate and preparing new mesh data for all the Orbx airports. Updates will be rolled out for them in the next week or so"

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

6 hours ago, F737NG said:

You both got no chill, fam.

Eh?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Had a look on YouTube and the person who compiled the review said that you should not use Central V3.3 for FSX but go back to V3.0 otherwise there would be problems. Is this so?

Highly unlikely, does the "person who compiled the review" have a name and

did they say why?

I grabbed the update on release day after having owned v1. My initial flight around Sydney was disappointing. The land class is pretty poor and the city itself got no attention whatsoever. Key POIs are still missing (Anzac bridge for example). Sydney is my home and Australia’s largest city, so the lack of attention is hard to understand.

Melbourne on the other hand looks fantastic and I have since done a few flights to smaller airports which are a big step up from the last version, especially those located near open-pot mines due to the photo scenery added. The land class around the Great Barrier Reef is also looking fantastic and I was really happy to stumble accords some surprises such as the diving platforms and static ships.

Finally, I think the AI package is one of the best and most comprehensive packages around, and makes some of those small regional airports come to live.

All told I’m happy with the purchase, but I expected more from Sydney and some of the other larger cities I checked out.

Edited by alepro21
  • Like 2

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

1 hour ago, alepro21 said:

I grabbed the update on release day after having owned v1. My initial flight around Sydney was disappointing. The land class is pretty poor and the city itself got no attention whatsoever. Key POIs are still missing (Anzac bridge for example). Sydney is my home and Australia’s largest city, so the lack of attention is hard to understand.

Melbourne on the other hand looks fantastic and I have since done a few flights to smaller airports which are a big step up from the last version, especially those located near open-pot mines due to the photo scenery added. The land class around the Great Barrier Reef is also looking fantastic and I was really happy to stumble accords some surprises such as the diving platforms and static ships.

Finally, I think the AI package is one of the best and most comprehensive packages around, and makes some of those small regional airports come to live.

All told I’m happy with the purchase, but I expected more from Sydney and some of the other larger cities I checked out.

I feel the same way. They should have focused on offering an enhanced version of Sydney with compatibility to FT YSSY. Who cares about Melbourne? I don't! It's got the worst performing airport I've ever purchased. ORBX is smart because most of us will buy Sydney City instead of Melbourne.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

And to be honest, I did a flight to Cairns, and noticed nothing  that was much different from version 1. Except Melbourne city.

Over at Orbx, the appreciation society are raving about it, but what, I have no idea.

If Orbx released a dog word not allowed, they would rave about that too

• Like 3

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

27 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I feel the same way. They should have focused on offering an enhanced version of Sydney with compatibility to FT YSSY. Who cares about Melbourne? I don't! It's got the worst performing airport I've ever purchased. ORBX is smart because most of us will buy Sydney City instead of Melbourne.

maybe  you got  issues  with  ymml  I  havnt,  although iam using  ymml v3

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

41 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

maybe  you got  issues  with  ymml  I  havnt,  although iam using  ymml v3

I tried v2. Never upgraded after I bought 1 & 2 and fps were word not allowed. ORBX should have given me a free upgrade. I've spent enough on FTX sceneries and airports.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

I care about Melbourne.

• Like 1

Are any orbx airports working with v2 yet?  I read they would take some time to convert, then I got an email from orbx today talking about all of the Australian airports they have along with v2 being released.  I couldn’t find confirmation either way on the product page or orbx forums.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU