Sign in to follow this  
busdriver

REX SkyForce, HiFi Active Sky and REX Environment Force Question

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Dear Marcus ( @mpo910 ),

this thread is clearly about different SW working together AND FULLY functional.

Let's consider SW A as a weather engine and SW B as cloud textures and both SW A and B having a sum of x features. SW B get's released after SW A and is advertised that it can be fully used with SW A.

After a while (1 year of users reporting issues) the DEV of SW B jumps in again telling us the contrary of what has been advertised: SW B does not use all of it's X features but only X-Y when combined with SW A 😲. And please understand that this is a statement comming from the developer!

Then you jump in and tell the OP that you are a beta tester and SW B works without issues in combo with SW A! Your statement reads that SW B is 100% compatible with SW A.

So I wanted to jump in and correct you because IMHO you can't tell users how well a combo works without knowing or testing all of the X features. It might have been that SW B was working only in a extend of 10% of what it could do, but those 10% were looking good and had no issues ;).

I rhink I made my statement clear. What you make of it it is up to you. It doesnt help me. Cheers Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

22 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Mountain out of molehills. 

Love ASP4 with SF and not seen anything that puts me off the combo. Been using it for over a year and it still looks better than anything else I've used/tried. Until I use/try something better I will say with it, thanks.

Thanks. Me too. All good. Cheers Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 hours ago, mpo910 said:

I rhink I made my statement clear. What you make of it it is up to you. It doesnt help me. Cheers Marcus

Sorry Marcus but you seam way to biased to understand what I'm trying to achieve here.

I'm almost certain that you skipped the post at the bottom of page one within this verry thread where I also mention that I myself use ASP4 with SF3D in combo and that I did not encounter any problems n'or flat clouds.

But I'm also aware that there is some sort of issue aknowledged by the DEV himself and I'm not willing to keep that information away from those users asking about it.

I've been fair in sharing positive and negative informations and leaving the decision up to the OP.

I'm sure that REX will do anything that they can to overcome those issues. Theyr support is great and they indeed follow each single report.

Nevertheless, there is some sort of small incompatibility in the current release which you might encounter or not.

PS: Let's not clutter this thread more than necessary. PM me if you feel that I insulted you in any kind.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

On 6/12/2019 at 2:13 PM, skysurfer said:

Did REX make that statement? 

With SF, yes they did. See link in my previous post nthis thread. Read last few posts in it.

• Like 1

Eric 

17 hours ago, mpo910 said:

It works. Without issues. I am beta testing the new builds and enjoy using ef sf and as together. Sf weather off, as as wearher engine. Regards Marcus

Did you not read the thread in the Rex forums I linked and the msg from Reed near the end? SF is not FULLY compatible with ASP4. Cloud structure are incorrect at times, hence the flat clouds.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

15 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

I don't use SF weather engine but ASP4+EF and have the rainshafts, the CB's up to 75000ft, the nice clouds and all the other bells and whistles.

Would be interesting from where this BS comes about AS not working with SF ...

From the Rex developer himself. If you took a minute to click on the link I provided in my first post on this thread you would have seen that.

Eric 

1 minute ago, B777ER said:

Did you not read the thread in the Rex forums I linked and the msg from Reed near the end? SF is not FULLY compatible with ASP4. Cloud structure are incorrect at times, hence the flat clouds.

Yer at times, I tried SF weather engine last night and had a lot of "flat clouds" same scene with ASP4 and SF= stunning.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Sorry Marcus but you seam way to biased to understand what I'm trying to achieve here.

I'm almost certain that you skipped the post at the bottom of page one within this verry thread where I also mention that I myself use ASP4 with SF3D in combo and that I did not encounter any problems n'or flat clouds.

But I'm also aware that there is some sort of issue aknowledged by the DEV himself and I'm not willing to keep that information away from those users asking about it.

I've been fair in sharing positive and negative informations and leaving the decision up to the OP.

I'm sure that REX will do anything that they can to overcome those issues. Theyr support is great and they indeed follow each single report.

Nevertheless, there is some sort of small incompatibility in the current release which you might encounter or not.

PS: Let's not clutter this thread more than necessary. PM me if you feel that I insulted you in any kind.

Im fine. No harm. :-). Cheers Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

@Nyxx darn.....with SF engine? Have you reported this on REX forum?

I see this issue / finding quite positive...I mean, if those flat clouds are generated with SF weather engine also, then the cure would most likely work for ASP4 also. I will give it a try this weekend.

PS: I had trouble quoting you (hope some admins look into this cause it's happening quite often)

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

15 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Mountain out of molehills. 

Love ASP4 with SF and not seen anything that puts me off the combo. Been using it for over a year and it still looks better than anything else I've used/tried. Until I use/try something better I will say with it, thanks.

Agree, run AS SF EF did a fast test have overcast just know at my home airport live 5nm from threshold rwy 34.

first a run AS as weather source let it settle down get out and look at the real clouds did the same with SF as weather source.

Iam prefer AS as before much more real , wy i dont know it locked as it was ouside the door then if one looks better for the eye i dont care, 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 9:32 AM, B777ER said:

Just know that you cannot fully make use of SF with ASP4. See last few posts in this thread:  https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52098-flat-clouds/

I was just made aware of this post and I am shocked at how my words were taken out of context. I am not saying this was done on purpose, but I think there was a misunderstanding that I need to clarify.

Here is the statement that I believe was misunderstood:

"You can use Active Sky with Sky Force with no problem they are compatible, but you will not get the full benefits of Sky Force if not using the Sky Force weather engine only."

Cloud models and textures are FULLY compatible with ALL our competitors.  However, what I was trying to do was differentiate how the Sky Force weather engine approaches weather generation differently than others. We have our own internal SDK that we use to generate systems differently than the others.  But that doesn't mean it doesn't work fully with the other developers.

Edited by rstough
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

3 hours ago, rstough said:

"You can use Active Sky with Sky Force with no problem they are compatible, but you will not get the full benefits of Sky Force if not using the Sky Force weather engine only."

For what is worth....it works as per this statement...And injects clouds at least the way I like it. I haven't seen flat clouds in two months.... SF+EF+ASP4

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Alex 

4 hours ago, rstough said:

Dear Reed,

I generally don't make deep negative comments but I realy do think you guys should try to get your things together!

Since the release of SF3D and EF, there are constant changes in information and functionality you guys provide. Here some examples (sorry for hijaking this thread):

1. Starting order of your addons: Over at REX forums there were some stating "No order is requiered", others stated "You must apply a starting order" -> Eventualy the final statement was "Starting order requiered".

2. "EF3D works with all 3rd party weather engines" vs "...you will not get the full benefit" -> well what doesen't work???

In this matter there were several reports related to flat clouds. You guys at REX stated: "This is due to the 3rd party weather engine"! Well if it's due to THAT weather engine (we all know what THAT is), how would SF3D be "compatible with all 3rd party WE"???

3. Again "EF3D works with all 3rd party weather engines" -> Well...users report square looking OVC clouds. Your statement again: "This is due to the 3rd party weather engine"!

Same Q as above applies: How can you then state that SF3D is "compatible with 3rd party WE"? There are several threads at REX forums where the ball is constantly thrown in the direction of the 3rd party WE which "should" be compatible with SF3D.

The bottom line is that before SF3D / EF we have NEVER seen so many square looking OVC nor flat clouds so it seams that your product is NOT totaly compatible with 3rd party WE (NOTE: I have NOT encountered these two issues but apearantly many others have.)

I think I could share 2 or 3 more points where statements were made then revised once just to be revised again.

I feel that the entire REX 5 launch has been a complete drama and this is soooo not REX!

I want those REX launches back that do what they've been advertised to do without the need of patch after patch after patch. I remember installing REX Ess with overdrive...boom up and running...stunning changes without issues (have enjoyed the product from day 1). Or REX WWAHD...boom...again nice changes with minor minor issues but still enjoying those changes today in P3Dv4.

I can't even remeber how many times I installed / unistalled SF3D and EF since purchase. I currently run them but already encountered some issues related to SF3D i suppose (topic opened at your forum btw).

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

9 hours ago, rstough said:

I was just made aware of this post and I am shocked at how my words were taken out of context. I am not saying this was done on purpose, but I think there was a misunderstanding that I need to clarify.

Here is the statement that I believe was misunderstood:

Cloud models and textures are FULLY compatible with ALL our competitors.  However, what I was trying to do was differentiate how the Sky Force weather engine approaches weather generation differently than others. We have our own internal SDK that we use to generate systems differently than the others.  But that doesn't mean it doesn't work fully with the other developers.

Reed, it definitely was not on purpose. I simply repeated what you posted, that SF is not fully compatible. I am happy to see you put the context of what "full benefits" means. I very much enjoyed SF clouds. Hopefully the new REX weather engine makes this conversation a thing of the past.

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 1

Eric 

Just stated above that I did not encounter flat clouds n'or square ones and here you go....

Loaded a flight at EDNY 07:00 UTC and instantly got both things.

Can somebody please load that flight (historical weather maybe) and report back? Thank you!

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany