w6kd

DCS World Summer Sale

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I’m thinking about snagging the Normandy package and either the Spitfire or P-51 to use in virtual reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, I have pretty much all I want. Maybe the Gazelle...I'll think about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still run the Caucasus with the 51 ! Tempted to go further. Nevada or Gulf ? Also the L39 looks nice and easier on my declining cognitive abilities than the F18 😀 AND more importantly  it shouldn’t require a track IR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the Gazelle. Wery, wery pleased with it. domkle, you will like the L-39 and that's a promise.  👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Got the Gazelle. Wery, wery pleased with it. domkle, you will like the L-39 and that's a promise.  👍

Hey Ron

Do you have the Gulf terrain ? if so, is it easy on the computer or not (framerate, smoothness ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have the Persian Gulf and it seems OK. In fact, very purty. The only thing I have noticed is the little bunches of scrub that litter the desert appear as you fly along. A bit like P3D autogen popping up as you get nearer. But that is probably down to my setting which are pretty high. I have a 6700K @4.2, GTX1070 Stryx etc. in VR. Make what you can of that. :smile:

P.S. I don't do frame rates but it is smooth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I do have the Persian Gulf and it seems OK. In fact, very purty. The only thing I have noticed is the little bunches of scrub that litter the desert appear as you fly along. A bit like P3D autogen popping up as you get nearer. But that is probably down to my setting which are pretty high. I have a 6700K @4.2, GTX1070 Stryx etc. in VR. Make what you can of that. :smile:

P.S. I don't do frame rates but it is smooth.

Thank you Ron, it helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2019 at 12:00 AM, Ron Attwood said:

Sadly, I have pretty much all I want. Maybe the Gazelle...I'll think about it.

You have the I-16 ?  Intrigued by this ugly duck of a plane  :) !

EDIT Just saw your comment on the DCS Avsim forum where I should have looked in the first place  ! A tractor hey  😂

 

Edited by domkle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a challenge! Take off is an adventure, retracting the gear is a mornings work, flying it is an enormous pleasure (turn the 'World' sound down if you fly with Teamspeak) as for landing it...don't expect to drop the gear as you turn to base, you WILL have to go around! Landing it isn't too bad, but the rollout will kill you!

You'll love it...👍

 

Or hate it! :dry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

It's a challenge! Take off is an adventure, retracting the gear is a mornings work, flying it is an enormous pleasure (turn the 'World' sound down if you fly with Teamspeak) as for landing it...don't expect to drop the gear as you turn to base, you WILL have to go around! Landing it isn't too bad, but the rollout will kill you!

You'll love it...👍

 

Or hate it! :dry:

Attaboy !  Extremely tempting... Installing the L-39 right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, domkle said:

Installing the L-39 right now.

Well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Well?

Dowload and install went well.

But I suspect that you want more from me 😄. I don't want to annoy Jim or the mod in charge by clogging this forum  so let's meet here

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now