rwilson881

Vertx Da-62 no interior sound.

I bought and installed it yesterday.

First above all, I love this aircraft. Vertx has finally produced a solid G1000 aircraft that flies beautifully. I spent the night reading the manual and a flying it. Looking forward to getting back to doing some long distance GA flying online.

Ok, now that sound problem. On selecting the aircraft, I get a windows notice "Config file not found: using default ......."

Other than the runway sounds on takeoff and landing, when in the cockpit I get no engine or switch sounds. I did the reinstall sound module via the config UI as stated in the guide. I've uninstalled and reinstalled (No antivirus) and still can not get interior sounds.

Yes, I sent a email to Sean via the support@vertxsim.com email. I understand from other posts that he has some real-world issues that certainly take priority.

I just wanted to post here to see what others have done to resolve this problem.

thanks

Ron Wilson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Not ever having this problem, I can only suggest to try re-installing the complete aircraft. If the original install went wonky, who's to say that an individual module (like sound files) will even work.

I'm thinking a permissions issue somehow. Did you install "as admin"? Also, is P3D installed in 😄\ProgramFiles?

Hopefully Sean will have an answer.

FWIW, I had no issues with my install.

Vic

thanks for replying

I'm using Windows 10 pro #1803

I did a uninstall and reinstall always as admin.with no anti-virus running

I didn't completely eliminate all the Vertx files manually after the uninstall so I'm going to try that next.

Then log in as admin and do the install.

Yes P3D is in the Program files.

Not sure what other folders require full permission

Nor do I know where the DA-62 sound module installs.

Still haven't heard from Sean. I sent him a FB message also. I'm sure he'll reply when he can.

thanks guys

Ron