Sign in to follow this  
Starlifter60

Editing Stock Traffic BGL

6 hours ago, DJJose said:

UTL doesn't use the bgl method (faster loading) and allows for the use of updated liveries.

It's a myth that the bgl traffic method is slower loading, there's no performance gain at in between the two methods. The only reason why UTL traffic loads faster is due to am the vastly smaller number of aircraft than what AIG's oci will provide. On that same note, the AIG liveries will also be as up to date as available and also of much better quality.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

29 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

It's a myth that the bgl traffic method is slower loading, there's no performance gain at in between the two methods. The only reason why UTL traffic loads faster is due to am the vastly smaller number of aircraft than what AIG's oci will provide. On that same note, the AIG liveries will also be as up to date as available and also of much better quality.

Just got it today and I can confirm that loading times & performance is about the same as what I had with a T360/AIG combo. UTL liveries are much better quality than T360, but AIG are the best.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

remove the traffic.bgl file and all flights are gone. Save it to another folder. Restore if you want it back. Or use AFIP and edit the bgl file. 

59 minutes ago, Dolphinhog said:

remove the traffic.bgl file and all flights are gone. Save it to another folder. Restore if you want it back. Or use AFIP and edit the bgl file. 

Not sure who your replying to as the OP’s query was solved near the top of the post, quote below, on July 14th.

On 7/14/2019 at 2:42 PM, Starlifter60 said:

Downloaded AIFP and had everything resolved in 5 minutes. An awesome piece of freeware. Thanks again!

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

its a simple way to remove default aircraft, was simply adding a solution other than editing the traffic file, but alas my two cents.

3 hours ago, Dolphinhog said:

its a simple way to remove default aircraft, was simply adding a solution other than editing the traffic file, but alas my two cents.

The problem is that he wanted to keep the GA traffic but eliminate the airline traffic. If you remove the traffic bgl completely then you loose all traffic. If the traffic files were separated into two separate bgl files, one for GA and one for Airlines then you could just remove the airline bgl and be done.

Unfortunately, turning the airline slider down won’t work either because the aftermarket or freeware airline traffic relies on the traffic slider, or at least if your using an AI program other than UT that uses traffic bgls.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I've done both and it is a personnel choice to have default aircraft crowding the skies, or trying to present real world traffic. Orbx does nice GA without the overcrowding. I understand the wanting not to recreate flight plans, maybe substitute the default GA for a developers pov