Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

What options are important in Prepar3d 8gb RTX 2070 Super

On 7/24/2019 at 3:27 PM, joepoway said:

Here's a dropbox link to a complete settings spreadsheet I put together for P3Dv4.5 as well as Active Sky and my complete hardware set-up:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vs3knubixs6sjrx/P3Dv4.5 Settings Chart 7-24-2019.xlsx?dl=0

Impressive.  You're still using the 2500K for 4K?  How are fps in and around payware sceneries/aircraft?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Impressive.  You're still using the 2500K for 4K?  How are fps in and around payware sceneries/aircraft?

They’re good around all the Flightbeam airports and Orbx airports I use. I also run Orbx Global and LC but no regions and Active Sky networked in with Pilot2ATC. I use a 30Hz TV and Vsync to 30fps with Triple Buffering and all is good. I have it over clocked to 4.5 and it still rocks. It also works well with my Rift-S  I also use Process Lasso and take everything but P3D and Oculus off the first core.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Joe - 

Thanks for sharing the sheet.  Great stuff.  May I ask - what is the effect of :

Max_Texture_Request_Distance=320000.00  (default is 1000)

I hadn't seen this one before in any of the tweak guides or Rob's stuff.  

thx, 

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

I just did max trees (finally sliders are moving to the right) - eventually down the road all sliders will go to right (that will be the day).

No Performance loss with max trees - I am using default will install Orbx Trees later.  Not using dynamic trees

AI was causing the big drop but now with FSUIPC5 and AIG; I have pretty decent FPS with PMDG737 in 4k.  Though sceneries have not been installed yet.  

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

I just did max trees (finally sliders are moving to the right) - eventually down the road all sliders will go to right (that will be the day).

No Performance loss with max trees - I am using default will install Orbx Trees later.  Not using dynamic trees

I use Orbx HD trees, dynamic trees look bad and unless they have patched them a FPS hit.

Glad you tried it and it works for you. The sim looks great with max trees. With no FPS hit it’s a great thing.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 7/25/2019 at 11:31 AM, BusheFlyer said:

Joe, brilliant spreadsheet! I am however more than a little surprised at your choice of settings with your hardware spec. I am running a brand new RTX 2070 Super on a very old chip (X5670 xeon) overclocked to 4.3Ghz. I have extensively tested with shadows at all settings in high intensity areas like New York, my conclusion is the card is easily coping with it and I do not get any noticeable performance impact from running:

P3D Settings for RTX2070

The card never seems to get beyond 40% utilization except when in VR. With the Vertx DA62 I get between 50-70fps in exterior view and in the cockpit 30-60fps. In really intense areas like New York or London it will sink to between 20fps-45fps. 

I am in addition using Tomatoshade which contributes to a slight loss of frames rate.

The thing is it is totally smooth, no stuttering. Lots of eye candy and shadows at anything less than Ultra is really missing out IMHO. Same with Reflections. Those details add a great deal to the immersion factor. Given your hardware, you should perhaps retry turning up shadows and reflections and see if you get any performance hit to speak of.

Honestly, running shadows on Low or Medium for distance is also a massive immersion breaker.. not seeing cloud or terrain shadows where their should be out to the horizon looks so bad.

I haven’t tested much recently with v4.5 around higher shadow settings and turning on reflections to see if it’s less impactful now on my system. I’ll get back in and try some higher settings. Are you running a 4K monitor?

Regarding the eye candy autogen I’m not a big fan of the look in P3D it’s still not realistic for me so it actually is less immersive for me if too much of it. I do like it in Aerofly and DCS and of course any addon airports in P3D. Also in VR adding more autogen definitely gives me stutters in my Rift-S and tasks my GTX 1070 G1 card to 100%. 

Thanks for the suggestions 

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2