Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

4 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Live real world background ATC chatter relevant to the selected COMS frequency.

That would be cool but it would only be available in a few countries since most countries don't allow ATC communications to be public.

1 hour ago, SirGreenLemon said:

That would be cool but it would only be available in a few countries since most countries don't allow ATC communications to be public.

Yes, but it is better than not having this option at all 🙂

I got to page 15 then started skipping so lots of what I want has already been mentioned but what I didn't see up to that point:

1) I like as much realism as possible so I don't like to fly with crash detection off but what I find annoying is when flying seaplanes/floatplanes you have to be careful you don't lightly bump into something and have to reset your flight due to the crash detection going off. The alternative being where the plane merges into the dock is also annoying. So I'd like to see some work done around improving this experience.

2) I spend 90%+ of my time with the A2A C172, Tongass Fjords and Active Sky. So ideally I'd like something like this experience out of the box even if in at least a limited area.

3) I'd like to have at least one or two solid workhorse type planes built to the level of fidelity of the A2A Accusim as part of the initial package. DHC-2, DHC-6, C208, C172, DC-3 and Piper Cub would be my wish list.

4) I did enjoy the missions in FSX and would love to see some of those remain and get an update. I'd also like to see some others added like flying the hump in WW2 or fly some early Aeropostale airmail delivery routes from the 1920's in South America or Northern Africa.

5) Anything which might get you killed in a plane in real life could get you virtually killed in the sim: icing, stalls and spins from uncoordinated turns, bad go/nogo weather decisions, failure to go through the checklist, overloading, engine failure, etc.

6) Meigs Field add back option!

Edited by bandman
grammar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bandman said:

2) I spend 90%+ of my time with the A2A C172, Tongass Fjords and Active Sky. So ideally I'd like something like this experience out of the box even if in at least a limited area.

You're my kind of guy. I have the A2A C182.

Agree about the scenery too.

Edited by carbonbasedlifeform
Format

1 hour ago, bandman said:

3) I'd like to have at least a one or two solid workhorse type planes built to the level of fidelity of the A2A Accusim as part of the initial package. DHC-2, DHC-6, C208, C172, DC-3 and Piper Cub would be my wish list.

You can be certain that MSFS 2020 will fulfill most of your general aviation wishes. I sincerely hope though that their airliner lineup isn't just the A320 NEO.

If they were to include a heavy in the base package it makes sense to start with something pretty ubiquitous like the 737 or A320. I think those 2 planes cover over half of the commercial planes in service globally right now.

I want the possibility to choose in default aircrafts if the windshield will look perfectly clean, with some bugs on it (like the pic below), or very dirty (for bush flying)

Edited by Noooch

Up to date Airport Data to fill in all those missing airport`s in the sim at the moment.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

21 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Up to date Airport Data to fill in all those missing airport`s in the sim at the moment.

And at least an update of that every 2 years, reflecting the true life changes of airports worldwide.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Farlis said:

And at least an update of that every 2 years, reflecting the true life changes of airports worldwide.

I compared the Barcelona video to google earth images. The scenery in the sim is far more up to date than the google earth imagery. Impressive

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SirGreenLemon said:

I compared the Barcelona video to google earth images. The scenery in the sim is far more up to date than the google earth imagery. Impressive

Nope. The latest imagery available on Google Earth is from the 5th of May of this year.

7 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Nope. The latest imagery available on Google Earth is from the 5th of May of this year.

Yeah so what? That was almost five months ago. Besides, are you sure the images were worldwide and not US-only?

Edited by SirGreenLemon

1 hour ago, SirGreenLemon said:

Besides, are you sure the images were worldwide and not US-only?

Yes. You can always see how old the pictures of a specific area are as you zoom in.

What i want and always have wished for in every new simulator is one thing only:

Feeling the rush of speed when flying low in a fast fighter jet.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.