Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

On 9/21/2019 at 4:43 PM, pracines said:

I realize this is one of those "far-fetched" "dreamland" ideas, but if we could go towards a feature like this, then flying in the sim will be much closer to reality.

Not really. I think it is a possibility but not a priority. They already have the imagery and the data isn't hard to get to either.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 3:43 PM, pracines said:

NOTAMS are a gigantic part of aviation, and in our sims they simply don't matter. But what if they did (or for beginners, could, as an option)?

Taking things to new levels like when a crane goes up near an airport and a real world NOTAM is posted, that same crane goes up in the sim - like real weather, but actually adding to the scenery, until it comes down and is removed from the scenery. Or how about when approach lights are out, a taxiway is closed, VOR maintenance, the list of things that affect real flight are endless. If they could be translated to the sim somehow that would definitely help get a better feel for reality...a true simulation.

On 9/23/2019 at 8:07 AM, ErichB said:

I love that idea.  It would make for a true dynamic environment.

3 hours ago, FlyerNYC said:

I think it is a possibility but not a priority. They already have the imagery and the data isn't hard to get to either.

But can you imagine the amount of work required to update all the scenery files on a daily basis with every NOTAM for the entire world?

Edited by vortex681
  • Like 3

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

53 minutes ago, vortex681 said:
4 hours ago, FlyerNYC said:

But can you imagine the amount of work required to update all the scenery files on a daily basis with every NOTAM for the entire world?

It doesn’t have to be every NOTAM every day but I like the idea 

1 hour ago, vortex681 said:

For sure, an algorithm will have to be developed. With a little innovation and drive this kind of thing is possible.

Actually, that would be great as an addon. 

There are many of us simmers that actually prefer an older time period of flying, and would have no use for NOTAMS. Not everyone flies in modern times. 

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

53 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Actually, that would be great as an addon. 

There are many of us simmers that actually prefer an older time period of flying, and would have no use for NOTAMS. Not everyone flies in modern times. 

Yes, and some of us fly in alternate versions of modern times, like the FSEconomy game.

It's a Twilight Zone world of airport locations and navaids frozen in time at the date 2003 or thereabouts. It's based loosely on the FS9 database to keep FBO ownership consistent through the years. So we have to use either substitute data, or just adapt to the fact that sometimes an airport destination isn't where it should be, or has a different name. 

The new MSFS should ideally make it easy to import that kind of alternate database for airports and navaids if possible. I imagine this could conflict with an ortho-based terrain system, but it might be better than nothing. The database in FSEconomy will never change because it would disrupt part of the economic model.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

3 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Should have to be user updated to be feasible. And I love the idea! 

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

On 9/22/2019 at 12:46 AM, Casualcas said:

Everyone  seems to be saying flight dynamics, and all agree. But can I be specific? 

The best thing I've ever felt, was taking off from 1D2 in a piper Cherokee taking off from runway 36. Smooth climb out until I hit the city of Plymouth. I hit an updraft from all that hot pavement that picked me up about 100 ft. In a blink. I've NEVER had that in a sim.

Agreed.

To take it a step further, how about the feel of penetrating a saturated rain cloud, in, for example a C152, the feeling of "brakes applied" should be present.  

1 hour ago, pracines said:

Agreed.

To take it a step further, how about the feel of penetrating a saturated rain cloud, in, for example a C152, the feeling of "brakes applied" should be present.  

Wouldnt know the feeling. I'd get slapped for heading into a rain cloud. Lol

• Like 2

Better AI for ground vehicles/ground control: sometimes, when taxiing, ground vehicles cut in front of the plane and ground control order to stop after the vehicle passed.

More, when in busy airports, AI asks you to hold short the runaway for landing planes, then sometimes, after all planes have landed, forgets to give clearance for takeoff.

i9-11900K (5.3 GHz), 64 GB RAM (DDR4 3600), RTX 3070, 1 TB (M.2 SSD). Windows 10 Pro. Installed Sims: MSFS 2020.

Maybe NOTAMS should be an add-on for those that want it. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I wanna be able to Netflix and Chill at 35.000 feet, so being able to access Netflix on the MFD would be nice.

I frequently fall asleep when doing long-haul flights, only to be jolted awake when my head hits the Autopilot disconnect button on my yoke.

Having Netflix would keep me entertained.

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

I wanna be able to Netflix and Chill at 35.000 feet, so being able to access Netflix on the MFD would be nice.

I frequently fall asleep when doing long-haul flights, only to be jolted awake when my head hits the Autopilot disconnect button on my yoke.

Having Netflix would keep me entertained.

That raises an issue, we should be able to switch windows even if the game is fullscreen mode in order to access other applications on our PC without CTD.

27 minutes ago, Noooch said:

That raises an issue, we should be able to switch windows even if the game is fullscreen mode in order to access other applications on our PC without CTD.

Or just watch Netflix on your ipad.  Switching screens/windows is not a problem with P3D

Edited by ErichB

16 hours ago, chass32 said:

Should have to be user updated to be feasible. And I love the idea! 

Even if it was possible for an individual to easily modify the scenery, you'd probably spend more time checking the NOTAMs and implementing the changes than you would flying! 

2 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Maybe NOTAMS should be an add-on for those that want it. 

But if the scenery is streamed, that would still require it all to be modified on a daily basis. I can't see them just changing it for an individual who wants NOTAMs to be implemented on their system. To keep up with the changes, you'd need to be checking the NOTAMs almost hourly. Do you really think that's feasible?

Edited by vortex681
  • Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit