Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

An advanced replay system which not only allows replay of the full flight using all the different camera angles, but also a ‘studio’ if you will where I can record flights using different camera angles using key frames to record cinematic shots.

For instance I set a camera position A and B and set the camera to pan between the two points to record a turn into a sunset or a close up shot of a flyby. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

An advanced replay system

I'd be more than satisfied already with a replay system that works with complex addon airliners which doesn't turn it into a complete mess of warnings and flaps and slats going mad...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Just simple, Simulate reality:

1.- Walkaround mode, with oil on the ground below the plane, oil in the cowlings, bugs in the wings and windscreen, possibility to check lights, fuel quantity visually....

2.- Taxiways have slope, runways have slopes, have different textures /patches, water / snow accumulates, grass is uneven, there are bumps when taxiing, rolling, plane skids...

3.- ATMOSPHERIC MODEL! Not only plane´s:  You have wind gusts, wind gradient, wind climbing an slope =updraft, tarmac, hangars, asphalt, cement, rocks warm with the sun and create thermals, we don´t fly on rails, plane wobbles, vibrates, suddenly your right wing rises, then you feel a bump, then you start to sink a bit... there is icing, wave, rotors....

4.- Planes Fail: Alternator fails, fuel pump, Engine leaks oil and you can see on your windscreen, landing lights go dark, a door can open suddenly, landing gear unoperable, engine fire, icing, lighting strike, bird strikes...

• Upvote 3

On 9/16/2019 at 12:45 AM, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Trim assistance as an option (was there any in FSX?). I don't have a trim wheel and I can never really trim properly with my controller. Even visually it would be nice to have some sort of way to precisely know your current trim setting. 

Well, for years now, FSUIPC has a setting where you can set your mouse wheel as a trim wheel..... (BTW, the default C172 has a trim wheel displayed, so you can see the setting)

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

Well, for years now, FSUIPC has a setting where you can set your mouse wheel as a trim wheel..... (BTW, the default C172 has a trim wheel displayed, so you can see the setting)

Not ideal as there are other rotary adjustments better suited to the mousewheel.  FSUIPC let's you assign any key as your trim up/trim down function.

Other rotary adjustments via the mouse wheel? 

Well, ideal for many summers that just have a joystick, or yoke & pedals. 

It as an option. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

Other rotary adjustments via the mouse wheel? 

Well, ideal for many summers that just have a joystick, or yoke & pedals. 

It as an option. 

I use the mouse wheel for tuning radios, turning heading bugs, changing the OBS knob, zooming the view in association with holding the space bar, etc. You don’t use the mouse wheel for those types of functions? Not being snarky. Genuinely interested in how you perform those functions. I assumed most people used the mouse wheel for that. 

• Like 2

Chris

Nope. I use a second keyboard, in portrait mode, I've remapped keys, grouped and color labeled the functions, to perform those type of functions. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

3 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Nope. I use a second keyboard, in portrait mode, I've remapped keys, grouped and color labeled the functions, to perform those type of functions. 

Why do all that when you could just use your mousewheel?

It just, for me, increases the immersion factor. By doing this, grouping functions and color coding keys on a second keyboard, I don't make use. Of the 'normal' keyboard at all. 

Obviously, as you know, FSUIPC gives you a lot more key assignments than the Sim does, so I'm using that as well. 

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Guys, this is the I want topic. Enough about trim and FSUPIC.

Take it to another topic please. J would split it but my internet is down. 

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I want MS to integrate inherent functionality to the sim which allows the full scope of all FSUIPC based assignment/calibration options and eliminates entirely the need for a one man, third party developer to ensure sim connectivity to other add-ons for every new version of the sim.

It is amazing that it worked so well for so long - and thank God for Pete Dowson

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 11:02 PM, MikeT707 said:

I would also like to see shine coming off of the runway and apron textures like you see an many payware airport sceneries. 

I respect your wish Mike but I wish, on my side, an option to kill that ! I was browsing the preview images of Orbx last baby for XP, Leeds, which has plenty of that, thinking to myself : Not in my sim ! 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Possibility to upgrade the navdata in the sim, and also the taxiways gates airport layout etc That the sim is allwas up to date to the real world and we don't fly in a outdated world anymore.

Maybe this has been mentioned maybe not, but I wonder if it were possible to include KCGX (Meigs) and VHHX (Kia Tak) (and maybe others I cant think of at this very moment), as options (like an on/off nostalgia switch) for those of us who find these airports a huge step above interesting.

I say an option, because for me, realism, or as it is today and now is chief, but these specific airports play a huge role in reality and flight sim history.

• Like 1