Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

I want a settings feature where you can choose, maybe with a slider, how much processing you want on your local hardware (if you have poor internet and good hardware) or from the cloud computing (if you have poor hardware and good internet connection)

Or this could be automatic

That would mean great accessibility so everyone is happy 🙂

Edited by Noooch

I hope MFS takes note of Xplane 11.40 video and implement the concepts or at least some of them. Flight modelling details have been the previous versions weak point. Getting the right thrust calculations on single engine piston aircraft, prop wash and coefficient lift and drag with proper physics calculations has been dumbed down in previous versions such as FSX, proper Jet modelling and engine modelling is so important to be able to get correct N1 and N2 performance. 

External air and weather effects on the airframe is another key feature, such as wake turbulence as an example should be implemented in this version. Attention to flight physics detail and correct ground handling regards taxi of large jets and single piston aircraft and modelling the differences.

Please Microsoft you have real world pilots on your team developing this new sim, also please use people such as A2A simulations, PMDG and Flightsimlabs as external developers and have vast knowledge on flight physics for piston, jet and fly by wire aircraft that have kept your previous versions alive and still used today!! All we ask is that you excel in all things related to the Flight Dynamics and modelling of default aircraft but also what is possible through the SDK. 

Thanks 

Blessings 

Duncan Odgers 

• Upvote 3

I know it's a flight simulator, not a space simulator! But we already had annoying rodents, falling trees on sloopy runways and growing grass . . . 

My last wish would be to see "Shooting stars/ Meteorites" when I fly at night, but please a realistic chance to see one otherwise it gets boring . . .

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andiroto said:

I know it's a flight simulator, not a space simulator! But we already had annoying rodents, falling trees on sloopy runways and growing grass . . . 

My last wish would be to see "Shooting stars/ Meteorites" when I fly at night, but please a realistic chance to see one otherwise it gets boring . . .

Thanks!

I've seen a few shooting stars in FSX over my 6000 + hours. They are there - at right time of year, atmospheric conditions,etc. Blink and you'll miss them but they are simulated. They're a wonderful thing to see as they're very well done; a streak of light across the darkness which puts the immersion through the ceiling nicely.

See here:

Edited by Guest

I want seasons again. People have discussed shaders but so far we’ve seen satellite imagery and I haven’t seen that work with seasons anywhere else. Hopefully MS can handle it though. The one snow video segment I saw looked like it was in mountains that are always under snow.

Essentially I want the features we had in FSX but redone from scratch. If you think about it FSX has a ton of features X-Planes still doesn’t have like remotely passable ATC, seasons, or good tutorials, etc.

Some of the features people want do not need to be part of a core sim taking away programming resources from more important things. (Wanting legacy add-ons to work with this new sim is absurd.)

Edited by carbonbasedlifeform
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi MSFS team, If you're reading this, PLEASE let us know in no uncertain terms how you plan on charging us for the game. Your response to the Avsim post was perhaps too nuanced for some and there's still wild speculation surrounding the subscription issue.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

Avsim is the only forum going overboard on MSFS most it`s let wait and see what comes.

Flightsim.com? Crickets...

Sim Outhouse? mostly Crickets...

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What I want is for MS to make the sim 1 way in and 1 way out for 3rd party developers.  Meaning...no multilevel layering in the scenery and no way for them to place files outside the sim (i.e program files, etc.).  

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I want Microsoft to provide a dedicated support forum like LM does, where users can ask questions and provide feedback as a way to interact directly with the developers. Though LM does not respond to all threads on their forum, the developers have been chiming in from times to times. I don't want MS to leave us in a "communication black hole", as it was the case with past Flight Simulators.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Afterburner said:

I want Microsoft to provide a dedicated support forum like LM does, where users can ask questions and provide feedback as a way to interact directly with the developers. Though LM does not respond to all threads on their forum, the developers have been chiming in from times to times. I don't want MS to leave us in a "communication black hole", as it was the case with past Flight Simulators.

We have this one and the aces used to chime in some years ago unlike other sim DEVS, the fact they are reading this forum tells you something. do LM or LR read these forums!!!!

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 8/29/2019 at 11:03 AM, bashope said:

Don't want to be rude, but I think your argument is invalid.

I don't want to be rude - but I think you (and many others in here) either have a complete lack of knowledge of how many calculations are being performed to be able to simulate what such a complex simulator is doing, OR you are deliberately trolling the topic, by demanding unreasonable and setting - in my opinion - unjustified bars for this new simulator. 

To be completely honest, I am actually quite impressed, that our current simulators, are able to simulate hundreds (if not thousands) of autogen objects, moving traffic, dynamic weather and effects, airport traffic (people, vehicles and other planes moving around). Add on top of that, a highly complex airplane addon like FSLabs A320 or PMDG 747-400, set within a detailed airport environment with HD textures and advanced animations. All being executed on a ordinary desktop computer... 

That is quite impressive!

Just saying ... 

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

33 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I don't want to be rude - but I think you (and many others in here) either have a complete lack of knowledge of how many calculations are being performed to be able to simulate what such a complex simulator is doing, OR you are deliberately trolling the topic, by demanding unreasonable and setting - in my opinion - unjustified bars for this new simulator. 

To be completely honest, I am actually quite impressed, that our current simulators, are able to simulate hundreds (if not thousands) of autogen objects, moving traffic, dynamic weather and effects, airport traffic (people, vehicles and other planes moving around). Add on top of that, a highly complex airplane addon like FSLabs A320 or PMDG 747-400, set within a detailed airport environment with HD textures and advanced animations. All being executed on a ordinary desktop computer... 

That is quite impressive!

Just saying ... 

Yeah, outraged Hamster - or whatever your silly Avatar is meant to portray - 

We're all delighted with the FSL A320 and the PMDG 747 - if we we're in to PowerPoint Presentations running at 3-5 FPS. (Don't troll me on my rig - I'll bet it's better than yours)

Time for MS to kick low FPS nonsense in to touch.

"I want" .......FRAMES..........60 FPS will do coming in for 27R LHR on the PMDG 777 with Traffic Sliders all the way - to make it as Real As It Gets!

Can't manage that MS - then forget it.

Edited by Guest

30 minutes ago, ganter said:

Yeah, outraged Hamster - or whatever your silly Avatar is meant to portray

What? Sheesh, It's a Prog for cyring out loud. You can disrespect @Anders Bermann if you want to, but don't be disrespecting Star Wars!!!

🤓...😉

• Like 1

Chris