Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

You love your airports, right? Why not see them from the pilot's eye view before he get's in the plane? Hit the button when you are ready and you're in the plane. No need to stay at the villa or hotel for 24 hours sampling the swimming pool and night life. But that offers a different perspective going into the flight to see the airport from that side on that journey in. Preparations are often done on the journey in. I'm not suggesting to sit for hours. I was thinking of a more immersive way to use the models at hand to inject a thrill into the proceedings.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

As it happens I am sure the technology will benefit car and train simulators to an extent. These are often quite hard to do as we see close up to stuff near the train or car.

But in terms of flight simulation, as I mentioned the cut scenes from Airliner Pilot, it's time they were modelled in the sim for additional immersion where possible.

As I mentioned from the car or train going into the airport from different locations I was not talking about driving or train spotting, just a better more immersive cut scene that we can ignore when we are ready.

I have letters from flight simmers that like to stay in one location, maybe put the plane in the hangar that sort of stuff. Investigate the area thoroughly and move on.

In FSX we are a plane, our head is an aircraft. I was thinking of pulling the pilot out of that shallow immersion somehow, rather than actually getting a car sim.

Having said that, I'm sure there are plenty that would like to see the combinatory simulator if they add the packs. No need to replicate half of it for each.

Edited by SteveW
  • Like 1

We already have cars, boats, birds, fish, and other misc. type stuff in our sims.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Yeah. We have lots of stuff in the sim we don't see in flight.

So I was thinking out loud a way of having a bit of use. Rather than having a wheel setup or a box of train levers.

We could at the end of the flight decide to pick the Nova Hotel this time. When we start the sim we see the airport from the highway car or train window on approach. We have time to decide on what job to do.

Something a bit better than the filing cabinet and uses what is in the sim. Maybe a bit OTT, I agree.

Dead Stick puts us outside to arranging cargo in the plane so it's our fault if it is lopsided.

Several have mentioned about the very important walk around.

The scene in Aliens comes to mind where the first step out of the drop ship installs the viewer very succinctly, is a good way to immerse the viewer. 

• Like 1

Some fascinating ideas here. 🙂 What we want though is development time and effort to go into the priorities. I feel that all the fancy stuff being mentioned, although great, would extend development time and detract from the important stuff. An awesome core sim is better than a medicare sim with the features mentioned. 

11 hours ago, martin-w said:

Some fascinating ideas here. 🙂 What we want though is development time and effort to go into the priorities. I feel that all the fancy stuff being mentioned, although great, would extend development time and detract from the important stuff. An awesome core sim is better than a medicare sim with the features mentioned. 

They are only suggestions obviously not priorities, no one is suggesting to dilute the simulator or make a mediocre sim.

In fact I was thinking  out loud because it is with the undiluted simulator that makes it possible to do that kind of stuff without much fuss once all the other is in place.

Not much of a stretch to put an eyepoint into a simulated train compartment and move that along with the train. Coming into the airport terminal is an exciting moment, if you can see some action taking place at the airport. With bush pilots demanding proper highways and road furniture with decent structure and vehicle movements. Another cut-scene would be sat in a driverless car approaching the airport from the road.

With the fully detailed simulator I think it would be missing a trick to not have the office filing cabinet next to a window where the action is taking place outside like in the Tower views.

Edited by SteveW

Must have

# Addon store with automated installers.
                - Handling addons in containers for not rippig the sim if an addon is faulty.
                - Automatic updated + Navigraph integration
                - community rating feature with option to upload screenshots
                - Linked to Microsoft account, synced sim + addon settings

# Multiplayer with shared cockpit ( and a policy that all addon aircraft must support shared cockpit)

# pushback routes for each gate on every airport ( maybe ask the community for help )

# x64 !!!!!!!!!!!!

# efficient programming: Graphics near ground will need a lot of CPU/GPU resources. Why not switch to a 2D physics model after landing. You don’t need to calculate lift forces etc etc when you are taxiing or at the gate when parking brake is set. Nobody will notice the difference and there is more performance left for graphics.

# Flight dispatcher instead of static loading screen à loading scenery, aircraft, weather, traffic etc in the background while you can do fuel calc, route planning etc

# saving flight + aircraft state, autosave before crash to desktop,

# AI ATC with voice recognition like everyone always said,
                - optional forced (pre-) assignments for runway, taxi, gate, SID/STAR + transition,

# AI ramp agent with voice recognition for controlling ground handling and push back

# start in turnover or cold and dark mode when choosing to start at a gate instead of runway

Nice to have

# external instructor mode

# missions and fs9 style flying lessons + wiki

# scenery tool… it’s easy to make airport buildings in SketchUp, but it’s difficult to convert them into .bgl file… so we need a tool for:
                - placing the geometry objects in the sim,
                - creating/define SIDs, STARs, transitions, ATC + restrictions + procedures, pushback routes
                - labeling gates, helipads, taxiways, runways, and SID/STARs etc.
                - programming the ILS,
VDGS and jetways animations.

# shooter style outside check with WASD + mouse, a flashlight instead of weapon… leaving cockpit 1st person animation

# “GRID 2” style rewinding… for crashlandings… FlightSim newbies will love that feature

Edited by TulgaD5

No need for sitting in trains and cars and stuff, but having a flight preparation room and being able to walk up to your aircraft (from a position not too far away from it) and do the pre-flight inspection walk around will add to the immersion a lot. It would be nice to be able to read the NOTAMs and view the maps and weather forecast before you go to the actual airplane. 

Oh trains planes and automobiles and missions lets make it a game that should go down well on XBOX, not for me though.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

MSFS based on Unreal Engine and Simul TrueSky 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Possibility to pre-order the game in order to use the beta unrestricted. I know that the game is not finished then and could have errors. But the benefit would be for both sides. 

The moment it is released, I want it to be the best flight simulator on the market, and I want the Pilatus PC-24 also.

• Like 1

This is sort of tangentially related...

New MS Force Feedback Yoke please!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2