Sign in to follow this  
lidorx7

how to make night lights turn on earlier

Hey everyone!

I know I'm kinda hoppin on this thread a bit late but it seems that the way of changing the times when night lights and rwy lights turn on earlier has been changed in v4.5 to my knowledge (I saw this on the lockheed forums)

There's no longer a "DAY_THRESHOLD" and "NIGHT_THRESHOLD" setting in Prepar3d.CFG anymore. Does anyone know how to do this trick with v4.5? Thanks!

I guess I’d be at least interested to try it in v5.1 as well if something still exists.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

21 hours ago, DodgerFan666 said:

There's no longer a "DAY_THRESHOLD" and "NIGHT_THRESHOLD" setting in Prepar3d.CFG anymore. Does anyone know how to do this trick with v4.5? Thanks!

what happens if you just add the lines ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, FPStewy said:

what happens if you just add the lines ?

Exactly. It works. I added them also...weeks ago. 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Exactly. It works. I added them also...weeks ago. 

Does this work in 5.1? If so what values work?

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

8 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Does this work in 5.1? If so what values work?

I tried these lines in P3Dv5.1, it does not work for me.

Eye opener for me (P3D 4.5), never heard of this before..

Works like a charm..

Hans

Hi guys

I’ve been using this tweek for a long time (with FSX and P3Dv4), and it seems to work with most lights, but it doesn’t work with the default runway and taxi lights (the city lights do turn on earlier, but the runway lights don’t). Can anybody else confirm this or is it just in my system ?

thanks

Eduardo

I have asked LM to change this.....as the P3D.cfg does not work (anymore)....and for the lights it does nothing (my previous post about this was wrong).

We will have to wait and see.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Does anyone know if this extends the aircraft lights to illuminate longer; ie wing light lighting up parts of the engine that is normally only lit at dusk/dawn/night etc?

Cheers,

Simon 

Simon

On 11/4/2021 at 6:43 AM, mpo910 said:

I have asked LM to change this.....as the P3D.cfg does not work (anymore)....and for the lights it does nothing (my previous post about this was wrong).

We will have to wait and see.

Anything new about this? I also try to improve the PMDG landing/taxi lights which barely illuminate the ground by modifying the PMDG .fx files. Taxi at dusk/dawn is a real pain. Maybe both problems are connected?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

6 hours ago, Nemo said:

Anything new about this? I also try to improve the PMDG landing/taxi lights which barely illuminate the ground by modifying the PMDG .fx files. Taxi at dusk/dawn is a real pain. Maybe both problems are connected?

LM fixed the time were straight and Airport lights turn on and off. The cfg won't work anymore. But I didn't read any negative comments since the fix in V5.3, 

I am satisfied with the current "hard coded" settings.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

18 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

LM fixed the time were straight and Airport lights turn on and off. The cfg won't work anymore. But I didn't read any negative comments since the fix in V5.3, 

I am satisfied with the current "hard coded" settings.

Marcus

Hey Marcus -- what does your first sentence mean?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I can't find this entry in the CFG...?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti