First I have heard of inibuilds as apparently I've been living under a rock. Is this a simple drop the file into a folder and it's good to go for the dynamic lights and jetways? Do you have to go into the GSX UI in-sim to activate the jetways? I've never messed with the jetways in GSX as frankly it's a little difficult for me to understand how you do that. I'm confused on how you get things working with it. Any help appreciated, thank you

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)

They have instructions which is included in the download: for example, if you were adding one of their ini files for an FSDT scenery then you would do this:

1. Disable/delete the following files in \Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\XXXX\scenery:

- XXXX_Jetway.bgl

2. Place the ini file into the C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX folder

XXXX is the scenery you are editing.

For more clarification, you can always check their forum: https://forum.inibuilds.com/

Edited by troyboy66
  • Upvote 1

It's usually as simple as dropping the config file in the GSX folder and overwriting a few scenery files. 

As for the dynamic lighting, I may be mistaken but usually you copy over the effect to your effects folder and then import the lighting BGL to your ADE file... At least that's what I've always done. Not sure if that last step is necessary or if you can move the file into your airport scenery folder. 

Really the lord's work those guys at Inibuilds are doing...and all for free! Shhhhh don't let them know I'd happily pay for the stuff they provide. 🙂 

Posted (edited)

Thank you. When you run the live updater from FSDT does it overwrite what you've done?

Edited by B777ER

Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2019 at 1:16 PM, B777ER said:

When you run the live updater from FSDT does it overwrite what you've done?

Yes! But as far as I know, this is the case for all FSDT airports

Edited by troyboy66

On 8/9/2019 at 12:16 PM, B777ER said:

Thank you. When you run the live updater from FSDT does it overwrite what you've done?

The updater also deletes any dynamic lights bgl files you placed in.

2 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

The updater also deletes any dynamic lights bgl files you placed in.

If you put an empty file named "DONTUPDATE" into the scenery subfolder of an FSDT scenery, the updater will leave it alone.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, w6kd said:

If you put an empty file named "DONTUPDATE" into the scenery subfolder of an FSDT scenery, the updater will leave it alone.

Bob,

Could you please elaborate on it?

13 hours ago, w6kd said:

Yeah, I've done that with the sound for GSX as I use a file from here at Avsim with real human voices.