Sign in to follow this  
Deleted

Important for success at the beginning

Dear Microsoft,

I think it's important to know that success at the beginning depends on a single point. 

In the trailer we have seen super nice pictures. I'm thankfull. But, if there are no deep simulation aircrafts (like pmdg, aerosoft, ...) at the beginning, it will be useless for many.

If we will not have to wait for a year or more, it will not do much sense for many people. A lot of us simmers consider realistic aircrafts as more important than great graphics.

Therefore, I hope that external developers are already involved. 

(That's my opinion, but I'm sure that many agree with me here)

"In the trailer we have seen super nice pictures. I'm thankfull. But, if there are no deep simulation aircrafts (like pmdg, aerosoft, ...) at the beginning, it will be useless for many."

Useless is to strong word. I would love to have deep aircrafts at launch...but I completely understand that this is probably not going to happen. I will still buy it with a smile.

I can happily wait until the F-16C aircraft are released as addon for MSFS2020 by Milviz.

All the hype that expanded beyond the select group of beardy middle aged men (of which I am a proud member) that make up the flight simulator community was caused by extremely pretty graphics. Humans primarily make sense of the world visually. 

If MS defines success at the beginning as appealing primarily to the flight sim community, then depth may be the most important thing (though I still think the way the sim looks is still the most important thing to most people, whether they admit it or not - but that’s another topic). 

If MS defines success at the beginning as appealing to a broad group of people, many of them new to flight simulation, it needs to look fantastic first and foremost. That doesn’t make these new people thick, or any less serious than anyone else, it makes them human. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I can not fly with IVAO with the standard FSX aircraft. In that sense, useless is the right word. As I said, I was referring only to the launch of the MSFS. 

The opinion is based on many people who are much on IVAO as well as YouTube. And everyone thinks they have to stay with xplane and p3d until there are deep simulation aircrafts like them from pmdg or others.

I don't think the success of the new MSFS is in the hand`s of users of this forum, but in the wider public users most of which do not always join FS forums at the moment 131 forum users 480 none members viewing, you will only be able to judge the new sim after the new XBOX release and first year after.

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

It is obvious, at the beginning, to make the new sim accessible to the millions of potential users/gamers  on the Xbox forums/site.

We need a new influx of simmers that are not scared off, or bored with complexities that take too long to capture their interest. 

We need basic aircraft to interest them, obviously fast jets as well. The sim needs new & fresh blood to keep interest ongoing for the new incoming generation of simmers/gamers. 

Imagine a three tier release of the sim... 1st tier could be a basic install, 2nd tier could be an add-on to take the 1st tier up to the week-end flyer requirements, & the 3rd tier up to the deeper immersive requirements of the so-called serious simmer. 

• Like 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

My own criteria to purchase the future MS2020 include some open questions right now:

1)  What PC specs will be required: Cray-type power, or will my current rig suffice? 

2)  Incredible-looking scenery aside, quality of default aircraft?  (No way will I spend hundreds of more $$$ for new add-ons if they are not compatible).

3)  Cost of actual purchase price for this new sim: One-time, or by subscription?

Edited by overspeed3

Honestly, I don't need "superhyperrealistic PMDG 737" to start in a sim. I can deal with an airplane that doesn't match all real procedures and systems.

As far as it has the main systems (FMC with Vspeeds, lights, radios, weather radar...), I prefer some resources on the visuals (realistic weather, environment and terrain). I'm a little bored of flying on current sims, because everywhere you go looks exactly the same, and default weather is awful...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dear Microsoft,

I completely disagree with the original poster. Please focus on giving us the most realistic visuals (environment, scenery and weather) as possible.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

16 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Dear Microsoft,

I completely disagree with the original poster. Please focus on giving us the most realistic visuals (environment, scenery and weather) as possible.

just for your understanding, I'm synonymous for top graphics. I think we'll get that too, as we've seen. I just think external developers should have access as early as possible.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pitbull2504 said:

A lot of us simmers consider realistic aircrafts as more important than great graphics.

You can't have realistic aircraft if the world in which we fly in is not realistic.

Sure you can replicate the aircraft systems and be a systems manager and fly in a box but that's not flying.

Great graphics go hand in hand with great weather, great lighting, great scenery and great aircraft, just like we have in the real world.

It's not like we have only two choices, great graphics or great aircraft- we can have it all.

• Upvote 9

Couldn't disagree more. Enough with top of the line simulation. Now is the time for top tier graphics. And remember one thing. This time microsoft is targeting the gigantic xbox crowd(Casual flight simmers) aswell. I highly doubt pmdg level aircrafts in vanilla version is their main priority. Why else do you think the trailer has almost 3.8 mill views ? People were blown away by the graphics. Give me a good 3d model with a nice wingflex and basic aircraft systems and Im good. Not all of us want to cosplay a 777 captain and do 7 hour hauls in an ultra realistically simulated aircraft with garbage in sim graphics.

Edited by Baber20
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 7

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

I think simmers like Pitbull will likely want to wait until a year or so after FS2020 comes out to buy it.  Expecting study level aircraft with the launch is probably not realistic.  If it's a good foundation for a modern expandable sim with thorough third party support allowing for high end addon planes down the road then I'll be buying FS2020 at launch simply as an investment for my future simming.  And I'll happily fly around in the Microsoft default planes enjoying the scenery and immersion while I wait for the study aircraft to come later on.

I'm very hopeful for FS2020 but I'm also being realistic in my expectations too.

Edited by Mengy
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Probably the best comment so far.

What is preferable for success might just be a solid basic expandable sim, that should be suitable for the target market at Xbox, but with suitable future expantions, that will appeal to the weekend & more serious simmers.

BUT it should start off as a 'crawling before walking' type sim, a per Mengy's ideas.

Edited by Wobbie

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

It needs to be split into two categories immersion/simulation 

A couple of years ago i would have agreed with the OP but this last week since my scenery library got all messed up i can't bring myself to complete a flight because of lack of immersion no point in flying a PMDG,FSL,Majestic complex aircraft with full systems when you look out the window to poor surroundings, so my hope for the new MSFS is focus on in depth immersion, graphic engine etc...  and get an SDK to 3rd parties as soon as possible to work on high end simulation

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10