Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Gabriellc

No indicate lights on AFCS panel LJ35 v4.2a

Recommended Posts

hi,

 

Why don't the AFCS (Roll and Pitch) panel indicator lights come on when I have the AP activated?

I can't do night flights :sad:

version 4.2a

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Gabriellc said:

hi,

 

Why don't the AFCS (Roll and Pitch) panel indicator lights come on when I have the AP activated?

I can't do night flights :sad:

version 4.2a

 

thanks

I and not sure what you mean by the Roll and Pitch lights -- the attitude indicator perhaps? In any case, make sure you turn up the rotary light knobs on the side panel to the left of the pilot. I don't seem to have a light problem with the instruments.

Al

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had it one time that the GS light didn't come on, but the mode was active. On next sim start everything was back to normal.. I guess the AP works correctly, only the lights are mising?

  • Like 1

Regards.
Matthias Hanel
 

MilViz Beta Team // Econair Staff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think based on the assortment of problems you have reported, you are having some issues with your sim and/or the install. I just don't know what to suggest at this point. The AP lights and the AP itself seems to work fine on my system (P3Dv4.5), at least so far.  If there was a general problem I would have expected to see more reports in this regard by this time.  Sorry I can't be more helpful at this point.

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sim is good, Al. It's rather fresh since 4 months, everything is working fine, from FSLabs over Leonardo and VertX to Majestic and A2A..
I actually HAVE the indicator lights, only one time GS didn't come on, but that one fixed itself on the next flight. My question was directed to Gabriellc, to verify if only the indicator lights are missing or the whole AP system does not work at all.


Regards.
Matthias Hanel
 

MilViz Beta Team // Econair Staff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 10:13 PM, Gabriellc said:

hi,

 

Why don't the AFCS (Roll and Pitch) panel indicator lights come on when I have the AP activated?

I can't do night flights :sad:

version 4.2a

 

thanks

Ah, I realize now you are talking about the AP "R" and "P" lights. Do any of the AP lights work? If not, make sure the AP and Master Avionics switches (located on the panel behind the pilots yoke) are on.

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MatzeH84 said:

My sim is good, Al. It's rather fresh since 4 months, everything is working fine, from FSLabs over Leonardo and VertX to Majestic and A2A..
I actually HAVE the indicator lights, only one time GS didn't come on, but that one fixed itself on the next flight. My question was directed to Gabriellc, to verify if only the indicator lights are missing or the whole AP system does not work at all.

Ah, I see, sorry for the confusion. I just asked Gabriellc the same question!  🙂

Glad to hear things are working for you.

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another idea, are the lights working when you do the lights check (press the TST button)?

 

@Al: Yep, it's just the minor thing with the spoiler, but I am currently looking for a workaround. If that works, I'll post it here, in case this issue pops up in future. ATM I'm taking her over the pont, just flying KIAD to St John's, then via Iceland to Germany. Fun trip, and a bit faster then the last time with the DA62 in the opposite direction, lol.


Regards.
Matthias Hanel
 

MilViz Beta Team // Econair Staff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MatzeH84 said:

My sim is good, Al. It's rather fresh since 4 months, everything is working fine, from FSLabs over Leonardo and VertX to Majestic and A2A..
I actually HAVE the indicator lights, only one time GS didn't come on, but that one fixed itself on the next flight. My question was directed to Gabriellc, to verify if only the indicator lights are missing or the whole AP system does not work at all.

hi, 

the AP system works very well, only the indicator lights are missing

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, too, have occasionally seen this.  I don't know what the problem is.  But a reset of the aircraft fixed it

  • Like 1

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same issue here. No Tomatoshade or anything.


1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got this problem as well. In the below image, AP is active and working fine but none of the lights are illuminated. Version 4.2g, P3Dv4.5

fwggfeef.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kamaz74 said:

I've got this problem as well. In the below image, AP is active and working fine but none of the lights are illuminated. Version 4.2g, P3Dv4.5

 

Suggest you try the following:

- Delete your startup flight if you have one, such as the Lear35.

- Start the sim and initially load the default F-35 .

- After the F-35 loads, switch to the Lear35.

This has helped a number of folks with strange problems, I think the F-35 helps initializing sim variables as needed.

Al

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 11:14 AM, ark said:

Suggest you try the following:

- Delete your startup flight if you have one, such as the Lear35.

- Start the sim and initially load the default F-35 .

- After the F-35 loads, switch to the Lear35.

This has helped a number of folks with strange problems, I think the F-35 helps initializing sim variables as needed.

Al

 

Hello. I have nothing wrong with my simulator and any other addon. This is a temporary solution to the LJ35 that has worked for me so far but is there a way to fix it so we do not have to do this every time we want to fly and not get the missing panel lights?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boeing or not going said:

Hello. I have nothing wrong with my simulator and any other addon. This is a temporary solution to the LJ35 that has worked for me so far but is there a way to fix it so we do not have to do this every time we want to fly and not get the missing panel lights?

No, not that I'm aware off. This seems to be an issue just for certain systems. My understanding is FSW cannot reproduce the problem which makes it very difficult to try and track down why some have this issue. The Lear35, and the Falcon50, are systems intensive and thus have a lot of associated coding which may be related to the issue on some sim setups. Similarly perhaps, if you happen to have a complex PMDG a/c like the B737NGX, you have seen their warning to load a default a/c before loading the 737NGX.

I've tried some experiments to see if I could shed some light on the issue, but unfortunately haven't had any success.

Wish I had a better answer.

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...