Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

FSDT Chicago O'hare V2 Released.

38 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

I would recommend the developer who has this sort of issue to not consider LM or P3d as being the culprit of this problem.

Sorry, but the fact the problem in *your* case was fixed by recompiling, doesn't automatically mean the cause it's the same in every other case. It's a very known problem, LM has already acknowledged and if there scenery was "really" responsible, it would happen in 4.4, shouldn't ? Instead, if doesn't happen in 4.4, it happens in 4.5 only, and for sure it WILL be fixed by LM, because only them could really fix it.

I initially blamed it on LM, and it turned out that it wasn't their fault because despite me saying that 4.5 fixed, it still occured.

I'm starting to believe there are two different issues here, that might look similar, but are not the same. The issue of some users seeing raised objects at KORD, doesn't happen in 4.4 so, it's not possible LM could say that 4.5 fixed it (maybe it was something else), because it's a bug that happened with 4.5. In fact, it's exactly the opposite, they are fully aware of this 4.5-specific bug, and we'll fix it, that's for sure.

We perfectly know how to fix it entirely: by converting all objects back to Simobjects, which is something we wanted to get away with, because they cause pauses when loading the scenery so, we wanted to stop using them if not needed. We though users would understand and just had a bit of patience until the fix will come, and in the mean time enjoy a smoother scenery.

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

I agree. 

I asked Umberto about PBR ghosting on FSDT forum 2 weeks before release 3 and I was assured that there will be no issues.

That's because we could reproduce the issue on ONE single object, the Terminal 5 so, THAT one has been left in Simobject format, ready to be converted back to .BGL as soon the fix will come.

However, as usual, when the scenery goes out in the wildly different set of user configurations with tons of add-ons installed and insanely high settings, dangerous tweaks, shaders mods and all the rest, things you know to be perfectly fine in normal conditions, starts to break up when the system is put under stress, or is tweaked with stuff which shouldn't be used.

But as I've said in several other posts, since we know for sure it's going to be fixed by LM, we didn't wanted to release a scenery that was hampered by the unnecessary load of Simobjects (they magically fix everything in the air, 100% of the time), because we wanted to send a clear message about how different this scenery is compared to our previous products, that had to run in FSX.

5 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It's interesting that some PBR airports have a shimmering issue. I'm not sure is FT's KBOS or KLAS are completely PBR, but I have zero shimmering with those airports.

I also noticed some flashing in the vicinity of KORD why just flying around. I even disabled ORBX KCGX just to test. I've never seen any flashing anywhere while on P3d v4.

BTW, I get better fps at FT's KBOS than at KORD.

I'm observing shimmering (antialiasing issues) with at least two PBR airports too. KMIA and now KORD. Together with the PBR/Floating issue this is reason enough to uninstall KORD ... and reinstall the DD version which works without any issues.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

When installing the demo version I was very surprised that you have to install GSX before. Although GSX is free for this airport, I do not like this because it affects the entire P3D flight simulator and is not limited to just this airport.

I could not read anything about the GSX need on the FSDT homepage.

The only thing is
Features:
+ Highly detailed SODE Jetways.

• Like 1

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

3 minutes ago, virtuali said:

....However, as usual, when the scenery goes out in the wildly different set of user configurations with tons of add-ons installed and insanely high settings, dangerous tweaks, shaders mods and all the rest, things you know to be perfectly fine in normal conditions, starts to break up when the system is put under stress, or is tweaked with stuff which shouldn't be used.

... and again it is the user if something in your scenery does not work properly.

Please don't generally blame your clients for not to correctly using your product.

• Like 3

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

I’m a fan of options myself, customization is a good thing and really helps tailor to a “good” experience on my specific system.  Dynamic lighting, volumetric grass, terminal interiors, high res/low res, certain static objects on/off, etc.

I think I already explained why some of those options don't really make any sense at KORD or, in general, in our sceneries. 

- The detailed terminal interior is always disabled, and it's loaded automatically only if you exit from the airplane, enter the avatar mode, and walk inside of it. 

- We don't really put static things in our scenery, surely not static airplanes, which seems a popular option in some sceneries, but I believe they don't have any sense, since in order to place a static airplane, you must forfeit that parking for your usage forever. When we *did* had static planes, usually on remote areas, we usually had our own YouControl menu to turn them on/ff, without requiring external utilities that would require restarting the sim.

- In another post, I think I explained why turning off DL isn't really possible on KORD V2, since it doesn't have any night maps with pre-baked lighting, which tend to look very bad, flat, and aren't really compatible with PBR, which requires a "true" light source to work, even at night.

1 minute ago, Raller said:

When installing the demo version I was very surprised that you have to install GSX before. Although GSX is free for this airport, I do not like this because it affects the entire P3D flight simulator and is not limited to just this airport.

I could not read anything about the GSX need on the FSDT homepage.

The only thing is
Features:
+ Highly detailed SODE Jetways.

Exactly that is why I stopped buying and installing FSDT products.

- TONY -

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

... and again it is the user if something in your scenery does not work properly.

Please don't generally blame your clients for not to correctly using your product.

And again, you misunderstood entirely what I'm trying to say. Nobody is "blaming" anyone but it seems you for some reason expect you can stuff the simulator forever, and not worry if the hardware is capable of handling it or not.

We tried to explain all of this in the manual, but apparently some users don't want to hear it and, they install KORD when in that area their resources are already ALMOST filled up by stuff, so I really don't know what they would expect: an *increase* in fps by adding a detailed airport ?

Do you intend on giving options for higher quality ground textures like we discussed earlier in thread for grass and taxi areas?  The Atlanta scenery that just came out does all this perfectly 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

20 minutes ago, virtuali said:

And again, you misunderstood entirely what I'm trying to say. Nobody is "blaming" anyone but it seems you for some reason expect you can stuff the simulator forever, and not worry if the hardware is capable of handling it or not.

We tried to explain all of this in the manual, but apparently some users don't want to hear it and, they install KORD when in that area their resources are already ALMOST filled up by stuff, so I really don't know what they would expect: an *increase* in fps by adding a detailed airport ?

Where did I say that I expect a fps increase ... please calm down. I have a beefy system and use moderate settings.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

But how can they then deliver a product with pure PBR and no option to disable it when this is known. For me this a NO GO and I already regret my purchase.

We already explained this: this is not a scenery that was initially made for FSX and adapted/converted/udpated for P3D + PBR. It was *started* as a pure PBR project more than 2 years ago, when it wasn't even certain P3D would ever had PBR to begin with. This is of course explained in the Design Notes of the manual.

Other developers could offer the option to not use PBR, simply because they already had an FSX version or a P3D non-PBR version, it would be as simple as offering it as an alternative.

But we don't have such thing, nobody made non-PBR textures for this scenery, they would have to be made from scratch, which would be a totally wasted effort, since we know LM will release a fix.

31 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Sorry, but the fact the problem in *your* case was fixed by recompiling, doesn't automatically mean the cause it's the same in every other case. It's a very known problem, LM has already acknowledged and if there scenery was "really" responsible, it would happen in 4.4, shouldn't ? Instead, if doesn't happen in 4.4, it happens in 4.5 only, and for sure it WILL be fixed by LM, because only them could really fix it.

I'm starting to believe there are two different issues here, that might look similar, but are not the same. The issue of some users seeing raised objects at KORD, doesn't happen in 4.4 so, it's not possible LM could say that 4.5 fixed it (maybe it was something else), because it's a bug that happened with 4.5. In fact, it's exactly the opposite, they are fully aware of this 4.5-specific bug, and we'll fix it, that's for sure.

We perfectly know how to fix it entirely: by converting all objects back to Simobjects, which is something we wanted to get away with, because they cause pauses when loading the scenery so, we wanted to stop using them if not needed. We though users would understand and just had a bit of patience until the fix will come, and in the mean time enjoy a smoother scenery.

Hi Umberto, I am very happy with what you have accomplished and joined the club of PBR airports. I downloaded the scenery and installed it once you released it and I experienced the floating objects issue, at first I was puzzled to see it because most people experienced it (with SCELv2)  after arriving from a long flight. I was interested in this situation because it happened after spawning at KORD once I started the sim. And I had a full P3dv4.5 installation.

So you must be correct this must be some other form of issue not related to what I had with SCEL.

I just wanted to clear the air a bit with a comment from someone saying he will be staying away from PBR airports, and I just do not want that sort of idea being spread out which would hurt our products as well, and presently do not have this sort of problem. Thanks

Edited by DanMorera

1 minute ago, LVFRicardo said:

And I had a full P3dv4.5 installation.

So you must be correct this must be some other form of issue not related to what I had with SCEL.

Exactly, it must be something different, because this happens ONLY with 4.5, it doesn't in 4.4, and I assure you LM knows about it.

38 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I'm observing shimmering (antialiasing issues) with at least two PBR airports too. KMIA and now KORD. Together with the PBR/Floating issue this is reason enough to uninstall KORD ... and reinstall the DD version which works without any issues.

It's always nice to have this freedom. Have fun.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Can’t wait until FSDT remakes KDFW and we’ll get to meet Brenda’s cousin Trudy...  hope she’s just as hawt.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler