jalbino59

FSDT Chicago O'hare V2 Released.

The title seems to have been released! Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Boom! I know where I'm flying tonight! Super excited to get this. 

• Like 1

Hurrah!! Thanks for the heads-up.
Can't wait to install this and get flying into there.

I’ve been checking this forum every couple of hours looking for this thread!  Thanks for the heads up!

Posted (edited)

FYI, for previous FSDT Chicago owners they given a discount which amounts to 20%.  Just be sure to follow directions very carefully as you have to obtain the code via the Addon Manager in the sim.  if you do it correctly the addon manager will open the purchase window for you and apply the discount code automatically.  

Also before you do anything, Run the FSDT live updater for the latest core files. 

Edited by jalbino59
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

FYI, for previous FSDT Chicago owners they given a discount which amounts to 20%.  Just be sure to follow directions very carefully as you have to obtain the code via the Addon Manager in the sim.  if you do it correctly the addon manager will open the purchase window for you and apply the discount code automatically.  

That’s a decent discount! 

Posted (edited)

Wouldn’t you know it. I’m flying to LAX today. Well I can’t wait to here about the performance. 

Edited by TalonMX

24 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Also before you do anything, Run the FSDT live updater for the latest core files. 

I am repeating this because it is not intuitively obvious; also, one must run the live update OUTSIDE of P3D not from the P3D menu item.

2 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

Won’t you know it. I’m flying to LAX today. Well I can’t wait to here about the performance. 

We just made the last fps test today, and tried a saved situation with the whole airport in sight,looking towards the Chicago downtown with UT Live at 50% (which is still lots of planes), and compared it with the old version, which was like 5x less detailed, and the new one runs at 2 fps less. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

No need to stress that out. The installation program does run the updater on it's own. As it always has.

Edited by Farlis

excited to hear this.  Also a shot at getting the updated ATL from Imagininsim this week.  Guess on VATSIM tonight chicago will be a busy place to be.  Thanks to FSDreamteam for a reasonable upgrade offer and what looks to be an amazing job. 

12 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Thanks to FSDreamteam for a reasonable upgrade offer and what looks to be an amazing job. 

It was initially not my intention to start a price discussion especially since I belong to the people wo DO benefit from the upgrade offer.

However the non discounted price is beyond all reason for a payware airport. With the update discount I am at the maximum of what I am willing to pay for an airport. If this option would not have been available to me, I would have given this one a permanent pass.

I am a bit confused about the discount. My order info says I originally purchased FSDT O'Hare in 2009, but it refers on the FSDT website to the "2011 version." Am I not entitled to the discount? Was there another version that I didn't purchase?

Cheers, Pete

Just now, PilotPete99 said:

I am a bit confused about the discount. My order info says I originally purchased FSDT O'Hare in 2009, but it refers on the FSDT website to the "2011 version." Am I not entitled to the discount? Was there another version that I didn't purchase?

The 2011 update was free so yes, you can get the discount too.

Just now, virtuali said:

The 2011 update was free so yes, you can get the discount too.

Thanks!

Anyone have a chance to see how it compares to DD ORD on performance or when using fsdt ORD with DD Chicago?  I know it’s early but thought I’d ask

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Farlis said:

It was initially not my intention to start a price discussion especially since I belong to the people wo DO benefit from the upgrade offer.

However the non discounted price is beyond all reason for a payware airport. With the update discount I am at the maximum of what I am willing to pay for an airport. If this option would not have been available to me, I would have given this one a permanent pass.

You clearly haven't seen some Japanese-made scenery prices then.

$34 (before any sales taxes) puts this at a very similar level to FlyTampa's recent releases and just a few dollars more than Flightbeam's. So this falls close to the going rate of top-notch scenery.

Whether the non-discounted figure passes your own value test in future is only something that you can decide.
I have bought some other developers' sceneries at a lower cost and have felt ripped off.

11 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Anyone have a chance to see how it compares to DD ORD on performance or when using fsdt ORD with DD Chicago?  I know it’s early but thought I’d ask

I'm starting to test now. Will let you know later (if no-one else responds in the meantime).

Edited by F737NG

If anyone could confirm whether there are any airport surrounding buildings, let's say the Rosemont area, I'd appreciate it. If there's not, I'd potentially would want to leave some of the files from DD to leaving Rosemont in tact. 

I wouldn't leave the DD version, V2 is not really that good. At around $27.00 (US) for the discounted version and the flashing textures (various AA settings used) I would skip.

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

No need to stress that out. The installation program does run the updater on it's own. As it always has.

This is where people need to follow the developers instructions to avoid un-intended results.  If you are  interested in the discount for previous version, you need to purchase the new version via the add-on manager.  If you don't run the live update, the purchase option for the new version will not appear in the add-on manager.  Measure twice, cut once.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

At work until tonight can we get some screenies and thoughts please!

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, SP2472 said:

the flashing textures (various AA settings used)

This has to do with a bug in P3D itself that affects all textures that use PBR. It was first noticed on the PMDG aircraft.

AA does not work on PBR as it should at this time. But this if for Lockheed Martin to fix.

Edited by Farlis
  • Upvote 1

works fine for me with a quick test.  Nothing too extensive.  Overall I'm happy with it.  Some of the ground (Taxiway etc) textures for whatever reason don't seem to be ask crisp as I'd hope.  All in all I'm happy to have an ORD with proper airway configuration in my catalog.  

49 minutes ago, Farlis said:

This has to do with a bug in P3D itself that affects all textures that use PBR. It was first noticed on the PMDG aircraft.

AA does not work on PBR as it should at this time. But this if for Lockheed Martin to fix.

Thanks, that explains some problems with "some sceneries" I'm having!

I wish someone would show some examples (screens/video) between the DD and FSDTversions.

1 hour ago, SP2472 said:

I wouldn't leave the DD version, V2 is not really that good. At around $27.00 (US) for the discounted version and the flashing textures (various AA settings used) I would skip.

I figured you have to be completely logged in as administrator to buy this product, normally I use a secondary account and run Prepar3d in a window.